Problems with lockdown desktop

Discussion in 'West at Home' started by ladysanchez, Apr 6, 2009.

1. ladysanchez

ladysanchez New Member

On my first day taking calls my computer froze up in the middle of a call and stayed that way for a while.I spoke with a pal and they told me to shut my computer off using the power button. As a result of that my computer stayed in the lockdown desktop mode, I couldnt work for about a week trying to get pals and dell to restore my computer. After getting so little help from pals I fnally got someone from the helpdesk to fix the problem by setting up a new administrator account on my computer.Meanwhile all of my files,pictures and everything I had saved on my computer for the past 2 1/2 yrs is not accessible to me, If this isnt bull $&!* I dont know what it is.And then to make matters worse I started getting emails about being an agent who hasnt worked in a few days and about there expectations, The way I see it is if there system hadnt jacked up my computer then I would have been a working agent. The only thing I could do was turn my computer on and off.Nothing else would even work.Has anyone else had this problem or anything similar to it???
  2. cherie27

cherie27 New Member

They have created a new account for you in your pc. You can go to c:\documents and settings\oldusername to look for your documents & pictures.
  3. tropicalbenzo

tropicalbenzo New Member

lady that happen with me allthe time i really dont know hyw neither i try to contact dell they check my computer , we erase all data, i install everything again and still happen .... maybe 2 times a day and sometime when i on call, i hate it, anyway that only happen when i working!! weirddd, maybe is the work applications ...who knows!
  4. suni315

suni315 New Member

I wanted to let you know that happened to me as well.
    I called help desk and got a guy that knew what he was doing but had to look up instructions on how to get my computer back BUT WE DID NOT set up a new admin account. We had to go into the run command type in msconfig then once in the command prompt type in something I cant remember and do a few other things. I wish I could remember all the steps. They do have instructions for this fix that does not involve losing your DATA. I would call again and see if you can get a different person and tell them there is a walk through without setting a new admin!!!! I hope you can get this fixed I know how precious my pictures and files are on my computer I would be really upset if that had happened to me.