Profit Lance Article Marketing

Discussion in 'Profit Lance' started by Kecia08, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Kecia08

Kecia08 New Member

I bought the Profit Lance system about 4 months ago, read everything in about a week, built a website, but then couldn't figure out Google Adwords, so I kinda just left it.

I am now returning to it to try other advertising methods. I am actually attempting a method that "makemoneyonline" suggested in a thread here. Building a blog for a specific product, posting a review of the product, and then submitting articles to directories to drive traffic back to my blog.

I do have a question though...I want to submit my articles to multiple directories. Do I need different articles for each directory, or is it okay to submit the same articles to all the directories?? I know Google frowns upon duplicate content, but I'm not sure if that counts....

Any help would be appreciated!
  2. makemoneyonline

makemoneyonline New Member

Kecia08: I do have a question though...I want to submit my articles to multiple directories. Do I need different articles for each directory, or is it okay to submit the same articles to all the directories?? I know Google frowns upon duplicate content, but I'm not sure if that counts....

hmm this is a tough one and im not really sure I know the answer. I usually just write about 3 separate articles and submit them all to ezinearticles. I know people who blast their article to lots of article directories and it seems to be fine too.
  3. Kecia08

Kecia08 New Member

Thanks for your answer makemoneyonline. After I posted this, I looked around, and noticed that the same authors have submitted the same article to many directories. I suppose it's fine, but I wanted to check here, because a lot of people here know a lot more than me! [​IMG]
  4. Sonni

Sonni New Member

There is somewhat of a controversy that surrounds this topic. I choose to submit to one directory which is EA. I did send a few to Goarticles once while waiting on my upgrade at EA. I don't really like the idea of submitting the same article to a 100 places. Too many duplicates, I may change my mind later on, but for now I'm good.
    Sonni
  5. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Kecia,

1. Don't submit your article to more than one directory unless you're having difficulty getting it published for the first time. Your reputation as an author is more valuable than shooting for massive exposure.

A good article will get spread like wildfire. Multiple instances - even spin-offs - water down potential impact and imply lack of confidence.

2. Go back and read the entire PL course from start to finish - including all the eBooks. It will take you a good 6-8 weeks of full time study if you read it carefully enough to understand it well.

Take notes while reading it. It's not possible to properly study it in a single week. It's worth your time to really understand the material. Read everything from the left nav and then everything from the top nav.

The PL course provides a good fundamental knowledge of online marketing. From there you can begin to learn from putting things into practice to see what works and what doesn't work. Then you can move onto some intermediate concepts.

~Newbie Shield~
  6. Hemjoe

Hemjoe New Member

I tend to just submit my articles to ezine articles and this has worked well in the past, like newbie shield mentioned if the articles good not only will it rank well in the search engines but people will add it to their blogs giving your more exposure.
  7. Sonni

Sonni New Member

Thanks NS,
    I've been wanting to know why it's best to only submit to one directory I felt like it was the right thing to do. However, there's always somebody talking about submitting to over 100 directories. And it goes back and forth, do it, don't do it. Now I know for sure to not do it and why not to do it.
    Sonni
  8. Kecia08

Kecia08 New Member

Thanks for your input Newbie and Hemjoe. It does make sense that it would be recognized as duplicate content, but at the same time, I wasn't totally sure on that.

I have been reading some each day in the PL member's area, and also doing things for my blogs. I am a very kinesthetic learner, so I like actually doing it as I go. I definitely don't plan on spending any money for advertising or even on domain names until I can figure out what does and doesn't work for me. Only free stuff for now!
  9. Hemjoe

Hemjoe New Member

At the beginnning you are likely to make mistakes, i did, lots of them, its all part of the whole learning process. So starting off using free methods is a great idea you have nothing really to lose. [​IMG]
  10. Kecia08

Kecia08 New Member

Another thing I just thought of...would it be okay to place the same article on my blog and submit it to Ezinearticles? That way if I get traffic off of another article at Ezine, the reader can just read everything I have written at my blog.

Would that be acceptable, or would Google think it's duplicate content???
  11. Newbie Shield

Sonni and Kecia: You're welcome. If you tune into your gut and trust it, you'll know what to do under most circumstances.

Part of it also has to do with the 80/20 rule. You'll get 80% of your results from 20% of your best work and tactics. Though you may ultimately get more traffic from blasting different versions of your articles all over the place, it isn't worth the extra effort.

Like Hemjoe said, you'll get a lot of benefits from sticking with a top article directory such as EzineArticles. There are two or three additional places that are nearly as good. Anything else is largely a waste of time and energy.

The exception is finding a very small handful of the best specialized directories in your niche. They are different for each niche. You can seek them out and see how well they work. They probably won't give you link back juice like EzineArticles, but you might find that they do give you some decent targeted traffic.

Kecia: You raised a good point. The first thing you want to do is place the article on you own site in it's entirety. Then you place a summarized and differently worded version on an article directory.

While it's true that Google will likely discover that it originally appeared on your own site first, it is possible that there may be a mix up. If you put the same thing on both places, it would be duplicate content, especially if you did it within a short period of time.

Furthermore, if a reader should click your article link, he/she will want to read more about the same topic. So, you want the reader to get more once they arrive on your site. Placing it on an article directory is supposed to be a teaser rather than the full article. With a little practice, you'll have it down in no time.

~Newbie Shield~
  12. Kecia08

Kecia08 New Member

Thanks Newbie! [​IMG]

I am so glad I have found this forum. For me, it's like one-on-one support for PL! Many of you here know everything I don't!
  13. sahota7

sahota7 New Member

Im not sure if this is totally true, but I have read in a few ebooks that sometimes just the change of the title of your article can help you plunge out of the duplicate content barrier. Not too sure though, Im a newbie so im sorry if im mistaken! Just a thought [​IMG]

Ajay
  14. Newbie Shield

Hi Ajay,

That happens to be untrue. Changing the title alone won't be enough to avoid the duplicate content label.

Mentioning that you might be mistaken was a nice courtesy, thanx ;)

~Newbie Shield~
  15. 040107

040107 Member

sahota7:
    Im not sure if this is totally true, but I have read in a few ebooks that sometimes just the change of the title of your article can help you plunge out of the duplicate content barrier. Not too sure though, Im a newbie so im sorry if im mistaken! Just a thought

Yeah, this is totally wrong.

Could you imagine what would happen if that were the case?[​IMG]
  16. boloho

boloho New Member

Hi, I asked this question on another post but did not see a response and I think its more relevant to this one anyway.

I am new to this forum but am reading through a lot of the posts and am picking up some great ideas and tips.

Can someone let me now if I can put my Adsense Code into my Ezine Articles as another way to generate some income? I don't want to upset Google and get banned !

Thanks !

Lois
  17. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

boloho: Can someone let me now if I can put my Adsense Code into my Ezine Articles as another way to generate some income? I don't want to upset Google and get banned !

No you cannot.
  18. zulu5200

zulu5200 New Member

I used to submit my articles to 20 different directories and i noticed that my articles would go from the 1st page to the 1,000,000th page! Now I just use 4 article directories! Ezinearticles, Goarticles, Ideamarketers and Article dashboard. Thats it! So far it has worked for me but if anything changes i will let you guys know!