Profit Lance Blues!

Discussion in 'Profit Lance' started by netresult, Apr 30, 2007.

1. netresult

netresult Member

Hi, everyone,

I just joined this Forum today - I write as a thoroughly disillusioned user of the internet. I live in England and work for myself as a weld test engineer but have been looking for the past 10 years for a way to make some extra income on the internet. All I have achieved in doing is putting shed loads of money into scammers pockets!

The only thing that has a semblance of success has been e-bay. What is it about the internet thing - every forum I go on I read posts about people making nothing or perhaps making $6.00 after 9 months graft or hoping for jam tomorrow, does anybody really have any success?

As a last gasp I bought Profit Lance 3 weeks ago and so far I have made $0.47 thats all I have to show for about 60 hours work - and I mean work. Less than 1 cent/hour.

I think PL looks very good, the tutorials are superb and Mike's help has been excellent...but is the whole concept of making money online just one big mirage?

I have now decided that enough is enough - are we all a bunch of gullible losers just hoping for that wild card?
  2. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

Netresult,
    I too am a newbie to internet marketing with Profit Lance, but after a month of serious learning, I just made a $42.13 sale yesterday, today I check my clickbank account and discovered another 4 sales of 42.13 each. None of which came by Adwords, just blogs and article sender, all of which I would have never thought of without the Profit Lance Course. Mike, say this is unusual, but it happens and I hope it keeps happening, but I'm rather pesamistic. I've also started several other blog campaigns, as well as 3 new ppc ads, which thusfar don't seem to be holdng there own agains blogs. If I could tell you to have patience, you should, kuz it will happen, and yes, you do have to work at it. For me, Profit Lance was a real eye opener, and I'm following the course to the letter. When will I be able to make up all the money I've spent on other programs - about 6 months from now, when I'm earning my goal of $35,000 per month.
  3. netresult

netresult Member

Hi Dreamcatcher,

Couldn't find your answer!
  4. netresult

netresult Member

Dreamcatcher,

Your reply is now visible - must have been a software glitch on this forum. Anyway many thanks for replying.

I accept what you are saying but in essence it re-enforces the problems I was highlighting. I went down the blog route and have started posting articles...not a cent earned since Sunday. I am reluctant to get into Adwords with my lack of experience as I have read so many posts of people losing money on ppc. You see, I have not heard of one single person (apart from these guys who peddle these schemes) who make anything approaching a living wage on the internet!

This sounds very negative, believe me for the last few years I have been so fired up with the prospect of making money on line, I joined forums and sent off for hare brained schemes, but I now know that it is just one big confidence trick!

I wasted $97.00 on a thing called Project-x - didn't understand a word of it.

What I really don't understand is these guys who say that they have made thousands of Dollars per week with their schemes, they back this up with massive Clickbank statements all blanked out, is to why they need to sell their programs for a paltry unit price and then having to spend all their time responding to our problem emails - just doesn't stack up.

I just wish one or two ordinary people could come forward and tell me 'Yes, I make a good income from PL or Project-x or whatever'

Regards.
  5. makemoneyonline

makemoneyonline New Member

I make good money from profit lance. I'm not a guru or anything like that. Just an ordinary 22 year old. I am currently testing one of the profit lance methods, and I will tell you all if it works out. If it does, I will tell you exactly how I did it. I am pretty sick and tired of people being scammed. I want to really help people make money online. I have had great success with this system, and it sucks when I read that others aren't having success with it. I will update you on my progress, and share some methods that I've been using to make money.
  6. 040107

040107 Member

Quoting: makemoneyonlineI make good money from profit lance. I'm not a guru or anything like that. Just an ordinary 22 year old. I am currently testing one of the profit lance methods, and I will tell you all if it works out. If it does, I will tell you exactly how I did it. I am pretty sick and tired of people being scammed. I want to really help people make money online. I have had great success with this system, and it sucks when I read that others aren't having success with it. I will update you on my progress, and share some methods that I've been using to make money.
    [​IMG]

Since you are making good money from Profit Lance already. What have you been doing? You can tell use about the method you're testing later. Please tell use about the method that you're currently using to make good money from Profit Lance.
  7. netresult

netresult Member

Hi Makemoneyonline,

Thanks for your reply, it's good to hear such positive feedback! I would really like to hear your method.

But it still remains that I have yet to hear from anybody the nitty-gritty statistics of precisely how much, or little, is being earned by way of PL, Av-Joe, Project-x etc in a given period of time.

The impression I am getting, especially regarding PL and Av-Joe, is that there is more an element of relief in the voices of people who have bought these schemes because they aren't scams and are genuinely trying to help them. However, as I was saying not much evidence of financial success!
  8. makemoneyonline

In the projects section of profit lance, Mike gives you a series of tutorials on how to find niche markets to set up simple websites with google adsense. It takes a bit of practice, but its well worth it. If you read those tutorials carefully, and follow his exact instructions to find niche markets, you can make a lot of money with google adsense. I'm currently using that method, as well as google adwords. To create basic websites, I suggest either wordpress.com, wordpress.org, or bluevoda. With wordpress.com, its completely free, including hosting. The difference between wordpress.com and org.. is that with wordpress.com you can't put google adsense into these websites as far as I know. Wordpress.org allows you to use google adsense, but you need to have your own hosting. I use bluevoda. You don't need any knowledge about how to design websites. Its very easy to use. Its also free, but hosting costs about 10 dollars per month. I'm in the middle of writing my own free guide on how I am using profit lance strategies. Once I finish it, I can send it to you.
  9. mouser

mouser New Member

makemoneyonline: I'm excited that you're working on a free guide for us newbies. Would definitely be interested.

I've been taking down notes on your methods, as well as others who have had success. I was wondering what you were marketing. It appears you have the Adword, AdSense, and website thing down. I wish I could get there.

I've been struggling with my blog and I'm still trying to get through the material. I'm stuck right now on article writing and trying to start up another blog on a subject matter I'm more familiar with. Very time consuming.

Made no money so far and starting to get desperate with the bills..but I keep hanging in there. I think Profit Lance is very good if I can just get through it all and implement it.
  10. netresult

netresult Member

makemoneyonline - Thanks for a great bit of help! I would certainly value your report, your upbeat reply has given me new confidence.

PL is good but there is so much to take in that it does become a bit overwhelming. I think the real problem is that there is no particular path to follow in learning the tutorials I tend to jump about and end up confused and dejected.
  11. makemoneyonline

I agree that there is no real path. Maybe some of us could email Mike and let him know what everyone is having problems with so that he could update his course again, and maybe add an outline of which path to take.

Quoting: mouser've been struggling with my blog and I'm still trying to get through the material. I'm stuck right now on article writing and trying to start up another blog on a subject matter I'm more familiar with. Very time consuming.

I know that blogs are very time consuming. When you add content to your blog, you should search ezinearticles for articles about your subject, but don't paste the exact article in your blog. You should get the main ideas from a few articles and then make your own content. A lot of people say that you can just copy and paste someone else's article into your blog, but google hates this and probably won't rank your site very well. Trust me on this.
    If you have your own original content, you will get better rankings in google. Also, remember to use keywords throughout your content.
  12. mouser

mouser New Member

Quoting: makemoneyonlineA lot of people say that you can just copy and paste someone else's article into your blog, but google hates this and probably won't rank your site very well. Trust me on this.
    If you have your own original content, you will get better rankings in google. Also, remember to use keywords throughout your content.

makemoneyonline: Wow. Thanks for that tip. Actually Profit Lance suggested copying articles. My blog has 11 articles; only 2 are original. In 6 weeks, I've only had 10 visitors. Maybe that's why. Also I need to post more. I stupidly chose a topic I don't know much about since I don't own a dog. I just like dogs. DUH! I want to start one on dieting since I've managed to lose 25 lbs. since January. I just don't want to make the same mistakes with a new blog that I've made with this one. I shudder at trying to keep up two blogs daily. [​IMG] Do you think it's advisable to drop the dog? [​IMG]

I'm kind of stuck at making things keyword rich. I understand the niche thing of arbitrage (high search; low competition) and why it's important for Adwords/AdSense but I'm not using Adwords/AdSense yet.

When writing headlines, writing articles text, deciding on URL's, etc., do I just need high search volume or do I use the high search/low comp niche technique. Or am I missing the point entirely. I know Profit Lance said there would be times when you would only need high search normal traffic but didn't explain when that might be.

I'm kind of stuck going forward until I get "unconfused" about making things "keyword rich". Waiting on Mike to respond to yesterday's e-mail but thought you might be able to help in the meantime.

Love your tips makemoneyonline. Keep them coming for us newbies. [​IMG]
  13. mouser

mouser New Member

Does anyone know if the Overture Inventory US tool is still working? I could have sworn I saw something on Profit Lance that said it (or something else) was being taken down by Google and he listed another tool or technique.

Can't find that anywhere now. Anyone know?
  14. netresult

netresult Member

Click plnrc box in PL top RHS and click on dropdown menu on LHS top. Now part of yahoo.
  15. Hemjoe

Hemjoe New Member

mouser the toll mike suggested we use is the Google keywords tool and there a couple of features on this as you can search the volume of searches as well as the cost and positioning prices for adwords. This can be found in the "plnrc" Hope this has helped.
  16. mouser

mouser New Member

Thanks. Discovered it was the Overture Bid tool that was discontinued; not the Overture Inventory U.S.
  17. mouser

mouser New Member

Quoting: makemoneyonlineIf you have your own original content, you will get better rankings in google. Also, remember to use keywords throughout your content.

makemoneyonline: Regarding the link problem and Ezine Articles problem: To improve my ranking, should I delete those 9 Ezine articles that I cut and pasted directly to my blog and rewrite them? I can't take out the links until I rewrite them. Only 2 of the 11 are original.

I just ran a keyword density checker on my blog and my usage of the word "dog" was over 7% with "training" not far behind. I read that keyword density should be between 3% and 7%. Anything say in the 10% range would look like keyword stuffing and ignored by the search engines. Well considering my blog is about dog training, I'll be approaching at 10% rather quickly. About 4 words equals a % point. I reviewed the two posts that I created myself and substituted a similar word. Lowered the % a bit. As the blog gets longer, however, I'm going to be using the word "dog" and "training" quite frequently. It's a dog training blog for Pete's sake.

Any advice?
  18. mouser

mouser New Member

Quoting: makemoneyonlineI agree that there is no real path. Maybe some of us could email Mike and let him know what everyone is having problems with so that he could update his course again, and maybe add an outline of which path to take.

makemoneyonline: I'm talking to myself this morning (it's 2:00 a.m.). What's the matter? No night owls? Anyway, when Mike sent out that e-mail regarding wanting suggestions, I made the suggestion of a step-by-step procedure for newbies. He created an overview video but there still isn't any plan for a monetarily poor newbie starting out. He's been good though about advising me what to do via e-mail so I'm hesitant to bug him. Maybe I'm his guinea pig? Oink!
  19. makemoneyonline

Mouser- Sorry it took me so long to write back.
    Quoting: mouserRegarding the link problem and Ezine Articles problem: To improve my ranking, should I delete those 9 Ezine articles that I cut and pasted directly to my blog and rewrite them? I can't take out the links until I rewrite them. Only 2 of the 11 are original.

Yes, I think you should delete them, or at least disect them and use the main ideas but put them into your own sentences. I tried this once and I noticed I went up in seach engines.

Quoting: mouserI just ran a keyword density checker on my blog and my usage of the word "dog" was over 7% with "training" not far behind. I read that keyword density should be between 3% and 7%.

Is 'dog' the main keyword you are trying to optimize for? I don't think that is the best idea because the keyword 'dog' is so broad. I think you should check out this tool: https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal
    enter some keywords such as "dog training" "dog training ideas".. etc.. just enter some keyword PHRASES rather than single words. AFter you press send, you'll notice the search volume versus competition. Find phrases that have high search volume but low competition. For example: If you type in dog training, youll see that 'toy dog training' is a keyword that doesn't have very much competition. You could have your blog be about training your dog with toys. The title of your blog could be 'toy dog training' and throughout your content, you should have those keywords. So when someone goes to google and types in 'toy dog training', yours might show up on the first page.
    That was just an example but that is the tool I use when I make niche websites and I find they do pretty good in the search engines!
  20. netresult

netresult Member

Makemoneyonline:

Thanks for your help, I will look forward to your tips as discussed earlier, you have given me fresh hope.

I would have liked to have heard further comments from others but unfortunately this thread ran out of steam as it was hijacked by mouser.

He seems to be posting long questions that even I can see are well covered in Mike's tutorials.