Profit Lance vs. Wealthy Affiliate ???

Discussion in 'Profit Lance' started by davidmaddux, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Dave B

Dave B New Member

This is very interesting...

Like I said I ain't seen PL so I can't comment on it...

Really original stuff is getting harder to get on the net. K & C at WA just keep churning out more stuff you don't see elsewhere...

WA Jobs is a perfect example. You want some articles written or website design done. Just advertise the job in that section...

You wanna earn while you learn...apply for a job.

I don't suppose PL has got anything like that (well...errr...not yet anyway)

Dave B

Look for originality...
  2. Sean Byrne

Sean Byrne New Member

Dont forget that PL is less than a year old!

How long is WA going for now?

A couple of years at least...??

Sean
  3. makemoneyonline

makemoneyonline New Member

I dunno, but WA came out first.
  4. Dave B

Dave B New Member

WA started in the middle of 2005...so just over two years now

Dave B
  5. Sean Byrne

Sean Byrne New Member

Well...

To be honest I not going to fall for this ****!!

I know PL has done wonders for my education on IM.. So I'm all for it..

Mike has helped me amazingly with my start up and has been a real support and friend to me.. I know he has helped many other PLers too. So I aint going to bother with this Sh1t talk

WA looks like a good learning center too... but I'd rather not pay $30 a month for it...

[Post edited - Admin]
  6. Dave B

Dave B New Member

That's cool Sean...

I don't see any **** though (your phrase not mine)

What ever cooks your biscuit...

Dave B

[Post edited - Admin]
  7. Sean Byrne

Sean Byrne New Member

Cheers Mr Dave!
  8. makemoneyonline

sean is right. I'm totally all for PL. Mike Andrews is not the same mike andrews that went to prison. Its all BS
  9. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

The fact that the guy stole from Wealthy Affiliate (and possibly other sources) is definately NOT B.S. Whether or not this is the same guy who went to prison or not is definately questionable, but something about everything I uncovered is "fishy"...and that's the reason I'm not going to promote PL or recommend it to others.
  10. makemoneyonline

Mike already knows about this post on this forum and he's cleared everything up.
  11. dimave

dimave New Member

Sean, makemoneyonline, I am with you too.

I clarified it with Mike and he explained the issue. Its clear to me.

If you have a look at the HTML source code for netsalaries.com and compare it with thewealthypages.com you can see that the code is totally different.

Its easy to tell if one site copied the code from the other by simply looking at the source code.

You can tell that different HTML software was used to write the site's code.

The sites are coded in different languages apparently. (I'm just getting to grips with HTML, but there is php, asp and others as well that I dont really understand).

If I choose to mimic CNN.com's layout style but coded everything from myself (not that I can) and created the graphics from scratch I don't see a problem with it. It just means I have a liking for CNN.com's layout. But it would be a problem if I saved the whole CNN.com page via my web browser, then just went in and replaced the content with my own.

You can then easily tell if my site was copied wholesale from CNN.com by looking at my HTML code and the names of my graphics. If they are the same, you know I've just lifted CNN.Com's code and graphics.

By applying this test the HTML and graphics files are unique for netsalaries.com. Even though I took Mike's word for it, he explained that you can apply this test to see if one site has copied code from another.

My conclusion is that while the design is not unique or original netsalaries.com has not copied code or graphics but created their own.

I would wholeheartedly disagree with some of the claims made in this thread.
  12. dimave

dimave New Member

Whether or not this is the same guy who went to prison or not is definately questionable

Its not just "questionable" it is a blatant lie suggested by someone earlier in this thread.
  13. Sean Byrne

Sean Byrne New Member

Then that is settled then....
  14. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Its not a "blatant lie" - I originally found the thread at http://scam.com and simply reported what I found there here.
  15. JCP

JCP New Member

getagrip.... it is obvious that you are promoting the wealthy affiliate, and when you make a statement like that you should be ready to back it up and NOT blame a diffrent source.

That guy lives in Austrailia Mike doesn't nor has he lived there.

I know which thread you are talking about from scam.com and It is rediculious. http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=21865
    Scam.com is really a playing ground, for people to say things that are unwarranted.

Quoting: getagripIts not a "blatant lie" - I originally found the thread at http://scam.com and simply reported what I found there here.

That was not a report, it was a manipulitative and well thought out plan to dis-credit and stain the integrity and reputation of Mike Andrews, and to promote The Wealthy Affiliate.

If I were you I would be very carefull about your acusations, and you reports especially when they are hear say and unfounded...
  16. JCP

JCP New Member

Holly why do you say that is is going to become a monthly membership site?
  17. Sean Byrne

Sean Byrne New Member

Quoting: JCPgetagrip.... it is obvious that you are promoting the wealthy affiliate, and when you make a statement like that you should be ready to back it up and NOT blame a diffrent source.

That guy lives in Austrailia Mike doesn't nor has he lived there.

I know which thread you are talking about from scam.com and It is rediculious. http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=21865
    Scam.com is really a playing ground, for people to say things that are unwarranted.

Quoting: getagrip
    Its not a "blatant lie" - I originally found the thread at http://scam.com and simply reported what I found there here.

That was not a report, it was a manipulitative and well thought out plan to dis-credit and stain the integrity and reputation of Mike Andrews, and to promote The Wealthy Affiliate.

If I were you I would be very carefull about your acusations, and you reports especially when they are hear say and unfounded...

Well said JCP...

Your dead right.... You need to be careful when you read such things on sites like Scam.com. It is a play ground and using that site for facts or whatever will leave your head in a mess!
  18. dimave

dimave New Member

I used to visit scam.com a lot before. I just realised that the site is itself a big scam because anyone can post any bullsh1t and raise a wave of alarm and suspicion that is totally unjustified.

Given that this thread is titled "profit lance vs wealthy affiliate" what I'd like to know is that if someone buys wealthy affiliate through a signature link on this thread, how much commission would one make? A hefty $180 if a person remained a member for one year? That's a big commission.

Personally, I wouldn't do it, but to someone else that $180 (at least) could just be worth spreading bullsh1t for.
  19. Sean Byrne

Sean Byrne New Member

Quoting: dimaveI used to visit scam.com a lot before. I just realised that the site is itself a big scam because anyone can post any bullsh1t and raise a wave of alarm and suspicion that is totally unjustified.

Totally agree there with you my man!

Quoting: dimavePersonally, I wouldn't do it, but to someone else that $180 (at least) could just be worth spreading bullsh1t for.

Again.. totally.. There are so many chancers out there... I got sucked into so many scam before... Its amazing!
  20. JCP

JCP New Member

To clarify what was said about PL becoming a Membership" course... This is sraight from an email I just got from Mike.....Because of my curiosity.....

Hey Mike

I was wondering I saw a post that PL may change to a paid membership site? IS this true, because I thought that you said that it would never go that way? That we would never pay anything more... Just wondering....How have you been stranger? Is your daughter doing better?

JCP

Jill hi there.

That will not apply to any existing members.

Only to new members,
    that's if I decide to go down that route. I have many considerations
    to make still.

I've been great, daughter's much better.

Regards

Mike