Promoting your Website Offline

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by Andy3568, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Andy3568

Andy3568 New Member

Has anyone here tried promoting their website offline? The only free (or cheap) ones I could think of involve printing up a bunch of flyers and spreading them everywhere:

Car windows
    Front doors with door hangers
    Telephone poles
    Bulletin boards at universities

I don't know how effective these would be, but if anyone has other ideas...

2. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Andy3568: ...printing
    up a bunch of flyers and spreading them everywhere:

Car windows

Telephone poles
    Bulletin boards at universities...
    Please don't. I hate it when I get that junk on my windshield, my front door, or in my mailbox.

By the way, that idea got beat to death over 10 years ago.

I tried it in 1997 and got a call from the city to go out and remove the flyers. I had to promise not to do it again or face a fine.

~Newbie Shield~

3. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Andy3568: Car windows
    Telephone poles
    EEEWWW!![​IMG]

4. Rubytube55

Rubytube55 New Member

The best offline marketing technics would be *Postcard Marketing or *Magazine Classifieds.

I assume you are trying to market you the three clickbank programs through your "letsmakecashonline" site right?

**With Postcard Marketing you would need to come up with some visual effect that is remembered to keep the thought of the opportunity constantly in the back of a person's mind. Then find a printing and mailing service, and and a mailing list.

But considering the types of programs you are promoting you may end up spending more than you make. They look like they cost an average of $49.00 to get involved with.

These types of programs usually payout 50% commissions on your sales, right? Do they deliver any future or residual income at all? just questions you might want to ask yourself.

***Magazine classifieds are by far one of the best ways you could ever promote a website, one simple little small ad in the back of a magazine can create a massive amount of sales that keep rolling in if your website converts well.

You can usually place an add like the one bellow for $150 - $200...

Would You Like $5,000 a week while
    working from home? You need to see this!
    www.YourDomain.com

The best magazines to use will always be business magazines, I'll list some good ones...

Entrepreneur Magazine
    Small Business Opportunities
    Inc. Magazine
    Home Business Magazine
    Opportunity World

I Hope this post has helps! Good luck

5. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

Offline marketing is a quietly guarded secret to success with an online business.

Fact is postcard marketing is the way to go for the "right" business. The cost per lead is way cheaper than a highly sought after search engine keyword, and more importantly the postcard allows you to get directly in front of your prospect with minimal competition and distractions compared to internet marketing.

The best business decision I made recently was to get into offline marketing and get away from spending excessive amounts of time in the crowd of online marketing.

I think offline marketing is the best way for a person to get started and be successful in their home business. It is very easy to duplicate and it provides effective marketing while a person may need to go through the learning curve of internet marketing.

The big caution is just with what you are marketing/selling. The 'wrong' biz opp or product could prove ineffective.

The magazine ads can work but often that activity is very similar to online marketing. A bunch of the same type of people going after the same 'fish' in a crowded fish bowl. The ideal marketing strategy is going to put you in front of a prospect with the least amount of competition and distraction to the prospect, as noted earlier.

Flyers on cars, and the like, well the problem there is you are more than likely not targeting a hungry audience of opportunity seekers and are just working on the premise that 'everyone' wants to make more money. Yes they do, but they don't necessarily want to pursue a business opportunity to do it. Solution; Buy leads and target those that have stated they have an interest, your efforts will be better served.

6. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Andy3568: Has anyone here tried promoting their website offline? The only free (or cheap) ones I could think of involve printing up a bunch of flyers and spreading them everywhere:

Car windows
    Telephone poles

I don't know how effective these would be, but if anyone has other ideas...

Hi Andy,

Here's an interesting observation for you...

A couple of months ago I got a couple of those free car sign magnets from Vistaprint with info. about my parasite website on it.

I put it on the sides of my van and forgot about it. I really don't drive the van much, but I've had 2 people in parking lots approach me inquiring about more info. One of them has already placed an order.

I was actually quite surprised. That may sound strange, but when I put the signs there I really wasn't expecting them to have any impact.

I guess what I'm saying is that something as simple as that is worth the effort. If 2 people approached me, I wonder how many may have noted the details and went online for more info. when I wasn't around and my car was sitting in the parking lot.

I also wonder how effective that marketing tool would be if I actually drove the van more often. [​IMG]

Just some added food for thought! [​IMG]

Blessings,
    Angie

7. dula14

dula14 New Member

Yikes! Posting flyers on car windows and front doors will probably get you responses but they'll most likely be people telling you some creative things you can do with your flyers.

I passed out flyers for a business of mine several years ago and some of the responses I received would have made a sailor blush!

If you're going to market offline I would suggest sticking to postcard marketing, print ads, and good old fashioned networking.

8. Andy3568

Andy3568 New Member

I have seen the car magnet thing for a MLM business that a friend is into. I bet that could work.

I was thinking the flyers on car windows would work pretty good as long as you selected the right location. At first I thought a university parking lot would be a good place to market money-making programs because college students are usually hungry for cash and you have a whole lot of cars to put flyers on, but then I thought maybe not because the reason they're hungry for cash is that they spend all their time studying and partying and would have no time to start an online business. Now if you were marketing old exams or beer, then maybe you'd have something of interest to them. [​IMG]

9. Jean LA

Jean LA New Member

Promoting your site online should also be done online. Letting people find you products and services online can easily give them a link and visit your site instantly.