Question about downloading images

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by treevee, Apr 2, 2010.

1. treevee

treevee Member

I am writing articles and posting images is becoming a nightmare! I have been trying to use some free images sites and they are not downloading because they are said to be not in jpeg, etc ........ but they are! Is there a trick to doing this? I am saving them in desktop and pictures, but either way, they can't be downloaded!! UGH! Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks ahead!
  2. globalmentor

globalmentor New Member

You can go to upload your image then click save. Then, choose the format you want to save it in, i.e./ .jpg, /png, .gif etc.

For more image creation freeware you can search for ulead and gimp. Techsmith has JING for $14/year that is a cliping tool that saves in .png files. But if you need a jpg, go to and go through the process I outlined above!

There you have it! PROBLEM SOLVED. Good Luck!
  3. treevee

treevee Member

The thing is, after I save it to desktop or my pics, it appears as a blank page when I look them up where they are downloaded. And, picnik can't use them either.

I think I found a solution though by just grabbing the image and moving it over to my desktop. this way I can see the image on the icon. I just wasn't understanding why I just can't click on the image and select a location from the box that pops up.

But, thanks for trying to help me out!!! [​IMG]
  4. ruzzybuzzy

ruzzybuzzy Guest

Hmm. I never had a problem like this before. We Good luck and hope you succeed in that.
  5. onera

onera New Member

You have already found the solution. Windows make it easy to drag and drop images from browsers to your desktop
  6. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

What you might want to do is click on the actual image, and then "save picture as" - it sounds like you are saving them as "save target as", which would open up a web browser instead of the actual image.
  7. NewRich23

NewRich23 New Member

Sorry, I've never encountered this problem because I right click, save image as, browse and there you have it. It appears on anything I desire...though I've never tried posting pictures on articles. Good Luck finding a solution.
  8. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

What you can do is to save them on your computer, resize them if you have to, then upload it to your hosting server.

Just like Keith said, you should use the "save picture as".