Question about signature

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Michele Pittman, May 20, 2009.

1. Michele Pittman

Michele Pittman New Member

Hello all. I'm Michele. I have a question: Why do some words in your signature, and post for that matter, automatically become links...they have a double blue line under them. Thanks!

2. Michele Pittman

Michele Pittman New Member

Oh Gosh! I'm sorry....I answered my own question. Thanks though!

3. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Hey welcome anyways, Michelle - nice Squidoo lens. I favorited and rated it...[​IMG]

4. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Michele Pittman: Why do some words in your signature, and post for that matter, automatically become links...they have a double blue line under them.
    Hi Michele,

Those are Kontera ads.

I interacted with your lens and joined your fanclub. I'm the electric guitar avatar.

I like your "Slow and Steady Wins the Work From Home Race" module title. I agree with the sentiment.

~Newbie Shield~

5. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Newbie Shield: Those are Kontera
    ads.
    What are kontera ads?? Is it something I would like to know about??[​IMG]

6. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

mountainmom5: What are kontera ads?? Is it something I would like to know about??
    Hi M5,

They are like Adsense except that they appear inside content and pop up when you hover your mouse over the links.

Mouse over a word or phrase that has a double blue line under it to see what I mean. It's like an Adsense pop-up.

You can either be an advertiser or a publisher:

http://www.kontera.com/

Warning: Some visitors find the in-text pop-ups to be annoying. As a result, some webmasters elect not to use Kontera.

On the other hand, some webmasters feel that the added revenue is worth annoying some of the readers.

Should you be using it? It's a personal call. You can at least visit the above link to satisfy your curiosity and for future monetizing consideration.

Perhaps Vishal can add some commentary since he is currently using Kontera.

~Newbie Shield~

7. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Thanks - any comment Vishal?? [​IMG]

8. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

mountainmom5: Thanks - any comment Vishal??
    I really haven't had any complaints regarding the text links except for a couple of them. Therefore I let it stay. Pay wise it is nothing compared to AdSense but it adds up slowly [​IMG]