Question for Twitter users

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by seeyalater72, Mar 27, 2009.

1. seeyalater72

seeyalater72 New Member

I was wondering how effective the Twitback marketing tool is. I used Twitback to create my Twitter background but I see they are also offering to submit your profile to directories and search engines. Any users of this service out there?

2. seeyalater72

seeyalater72 New Member

Wow, cue the crickets. I guess no one has tried this?

3. gridellas

gridellas New Member

LOL!
    Yeah I guess not. I have never realized there was a Twitback but I am still new to Twitter. I guess that is how you get thousands of followers ey?

Since you mentioned it I am going to go and check it out and see if it helps. [​IMG]

4. kitcate

kitcate New Member

There is a background you can get... I just haven't figured that out yet... LOL [​IMG]

5. gridellas

gridellas New Member

Hey I seen those backgrounds too, they look interesting but haven't messed with them yet. [​IMG]

6. keymann

keymann New Member

I have it and if you google keymann I am the first to pop up with my twitter information. Go Ahead and try it.

7. Sweetestmiracle

Sweetestmiracle New Member

I haven't mess to much with twitter also. It is on my hugh wonderful list of things to accomplish[​IMG]

8. johnjimat

johnjimat New Member

I joined twitter last night.. its so cool. but i dont understand the full twitter function. Is there anyone can give me a little info about twitter..

9. Chrisskoyles

Chrisskoyles New Member

I didn't know about Twitback either, I just made my background on photoshop using a bit of the proverbial trial and error.

Johnjmat, is there anything in particular you want to know about Twitter?

I use it quite frequently and would be happy to offer any advice or help that I can.

10. johnjimat

johnjimat New Member

It would be nice if you can give me some advice about twitter.. really appreciate that.. [​IMG]

11. Chrisskoyles

Chrisskoyles New Member

To start with, you'll need to find some people to follow. Do a search for people you might know already or people you think may be interested in what you have to say (if you like, the 'T' icon on my website links to my twitter page, follow me and I'll do likewise).

Don't just post out anything random that comes into mind, but rather try to keep your 'tweets' relevent and, above all else, interesting.

Interact with people you're following by using the '@ reply' function, and you should soon start having people following you and thus a two-way interaction grows.

Thems the basics, is there anything specific you need advice on?

12. jaesun16

jaesun16 New Member

I don't know about this programs either.

But, It sounds good to be true!

If it work to you, keep it up!

You will be all right

Happy day~^^[​IMG]

13. johnjimat

johnjimat New Member

Chrisskoyles: To start with, you'll need to find some people to follow. Do a search for people you might know already or people you think may be interested in what you have to say (if you like, the 'T' icon on my website links to my twitter page, follow me and I'll do likewise).

Don't just post out anything random that comes into mind, but rather try to keep your 'tweets' relevent and, above all else, interesting.

Interact with people you're following by using the '@ reply' function, and you should soon start having people following you and thus a two-way interaction grows.

Thems the basics, is there anything specific you need advice on?

thanks Chrisskoyles for your advice. i'm glad with that.. [​IMG]

14. jay284

jay284 New Member

Twitter is great if you take the right approach with it.

Too many people use it to send tweets about products that they are trying to promote. (A tweet is what a twitter submission is called). Nobody is going to want to follow a cyber-salesman! In order to have the most success with twitter, you have to get as many loyal followers as possible!

To get loyal followers, you kind of have to have an interesting life- or a made up one if you really really want- and send at least a 3-5 tweets every day. These tweets can be as simple as:

"Im stuck in traffic again, doesnt everyone hate traffic?"
    or
    "Just watched Batman. Great movie!"

If you create tweets like that 3-5 times every day, you will get a few loyal followers- and then every now and then you can drop in a promotion like...

"I just signed up for Team Beachbody- Check it out! YOUR LINK HERE"

Your loyal followers are going to be a little bit interested in what team Beachbody is... and there is a great chance that they may be interested enough to get in touch with you!

I hope I gave you all some advice that you will find useful. Do not become a twitter pest- because you will not get anywhere! Make quality tweets and you can go very far!

15. Kristiansen

Kristiansen New Member

jay284: To get loyal followers, you kind of have to have an interesting life- or a made up one if you really really want- and send at least a 3-5 tweets every day. These tweets can be as simple as:

"Im stuck in traffic again, doesnt everyone hate traffic?"
    or
    "Just watched Batman. Great movie!"
    I would have to respectfully disagree with this statement. I am on Twitter to promote my advertising business and I only tweet current remnant specials and other limited time offers. I follow other agencies and news organizations that focus on the advertising world to keep me on top of my game. If the people that I follow start over-tweeting (Is that a word??) and filling my screen with silly unimportant information, I quit following them. May that is just me, though!

16. pbwsfi

pbwsfi New Member

I have found that building a good number of followers can be achieved a number of ways. Whatever method you like, I would suggest making sure you have your website URL listed in your profile . . . I have received a number of visits from followers who were inquisitive enough to click my website link in my profile. I keep tweets mixed between current topics and occasional marketing efforts so as not to offend followers. Most of all, just be yourself!

17. coolgoose

coolgoose New Member

Hey!

Sorry, i'm not a user. Hope everyone's help is sufficient for you!

Later,

CoolGoose~

18. s85234

s85234 New Member

I love twitter, but as for twitback... I haven't use. I have my own custom background - which is like personal branding for me.
    Twitter is a great tool and traffic generator if you don't abuse it. I post articles, quotes, breaking news, etc., some with a backlink to my website. If the information peeks the interest of my followers they will click on my link. It generates a great deal of traffic to my website.

19. timhale

timhale New Member

Like everything...it's just a tool...it doesn't change the core of the business you do.

So in that sense, you can use it however you like, and should use it in a way that makes the most sense for YOUR business.

This will be different for everyone... the key is to just try it and see...which is what I'm doing currently...

Cheers!
    Tim

20. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

Tim,

Do you know your sig is not clickable?

I am experimenting on twitter too, but there are a lot of really young people on there. I am not sure how to navigate on twitter yet and somehow these young people keep ending up on my page. Its funny to read their comments about women over 40. They think we are dead or something.