Question have you made money from affiliate programs, does this work?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by parati, Apr 21, 2010.

1. parati

parati New Member

I have been looking for a way to make money from home, i was shopping for a new bedroom set for my son and came across this price comparision website price-rank.com.

they have instructions on how to register for affiliate programs to promote other websites sales and get a commission if someone buys

My question is does their program make sense and has anyone made money from this. I see they have quite a few people posting deals or sales and i wonder if they are all making money

Here is the link to the instructions they provide,

Please give me your opinion so i don't waste my time

Thanks Sean Robert

2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I have not used a website like that yet, but I am sure it is no different than most other stuff... It all takes marketing to get your website out there where people can find it on the net, and it looks like they have tools to help you learn how to do that....

3. ryanbiddulph

ryanbiddulph New Member

I'd have to second that. Marketing, marketing, marketing. Get online and offline techniques down and you're good to go. Your commission is based on your marketing savvy.

4. parati

parati New Member

Well I am testing it out I am all set up, I guess everyone says marketing, but I think the benifit with price-rank.com is all the users help increase the traffic together, like a deal forum or price comparision website... the difference is price rank lets you use affiate links where most do not,

This is what they gave me.
    Link to register fot the top 3 affilaite programs
    The methond so that the top retailers (bestbuy, sears, etc.) will approve you. Your profile page on Price-Rank
    The links for the Tools so you can autopost your price-rank info directly to Twitter and facebook.

i am all set up posted around 10 items to start, already have people following my Twitter, Tomorrow i will create a group at Price Rank (ireally don't know what yet) but i will sleep on it.

Now on another note, I clicked on both of the Comments above signiture links..

Both are those Make 100,000 or look what i have made blog type websites, both trying to sell you something On how to make money online and the truth is .....the only money made there are the people selling the "How to"

These types of things completely irritate me, and nothing anyone says will change my mind. I have bought 2 of similar help make money guides and the only thing was they told me how to sell the samething to other people.....for me thats not a business!!!

More internet crap......at least the program from price rank gave me instructions, and everything i needed for Free.....

So if i fail....and that is completely up to me...

5. Michael Merry

Michael Merry New Member

parati

Does affiliate marketing work? Of course it does.
    Can it work for anybody? Yes. Will it work for anybody? No.
    The fact is most fail in affiliate marketing. Why? They fail to appreciate what it takes to succeed in business.. any business.
    Make no mistake - many affiliate marketers are making Big money!
    What it boils down to is personal qualities. Attitude is everything.
    My aim here is not to lecture, but to remind people of what they already know.

6. JHandy

JHandy New Member

Absolutely affiliate marketing works and will always work. Major corporations are doing it, the single moms and dads are doing it as well as the overworked and under paid doctors. It's something that will never go away. The biggest key to success with any product or service is understanding how to market it successfully and not go broke in process. That's where a lot of home business entrepreneurs miss the mark.

Jerry

7. secrets2010

secrets2010 Guest

I recommend you to promote products from clickbank...there the comissions are 50% and higher...then you should learn how to get targeted traffic throug video marketing, article marketing, adwords and so on...it's not so easy as some people say...but it's not that difficult when you know what you are doing...

8. MatoryIncorp

MatoryIncorp New Member

You can make money from affiliate marketing, but I've yet to see results yet. I'm going to wait a couple of days for my articles to be approved before I start asking any traffic questions.

9. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

MatoryIncorp: I'm going to wait a couple of days for my articles to be approved before I start asking any traffic questions.
    and while you are waiting for them to be approved, keep submitting articles to places like goarticles where you don't have to wait for approval.[​IMG]

Ezinearticles is best as far as I am concerned for traffic but I like places like goarticles,too...

10. MatoryIncorp

MatoryIncorp New Member

mountainmom5: and while you are waiting for them to be approved, keep submitting articles to places like goarticles where you don't have to wait for approval.
    Will do. I fancy GoArticles as well, due to the not-waiting-so-long quality lol.

11. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

parati: Now on another note, I clicked on both of the Comments above signiture links..

Both are those Make 100,000 or look what i have made blog type websites, both trying to sell you something On how to make money online and the truth is .....the only money made there are the people selling the "How to"

These types of things completely irritate me, and nothing anyone says will change my mind. I have bought 2 of similar help make money guides and the only thing was they told me how to sell the samething to other people.....for me thats not a business!!!
    LOL - Yeah, I know what you are saying. The reason I have those sites in my signature on here is because people are on THIS forum looking for ways to make money from home.

If I depended on the money I make from the links on my websites in my sig below, I would starve!

They are simply how to things that have worked for me - and I have a lot of people ask me what works so I simply share what I have learned. [​IMG]

Cheers!

12. shaun

shaun New Member

Its already been said here but Ill re-iterate!
    Marketing Marketing Marketing Marketing Marketing!

learn to market and understand you should really only treat affilliate marketing as a way to fund your marketing costs to ell your biggest ticket item. Research the concept of a "funded proposal"