Questions about Local SEO??? Local SEO service for my web busines

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by mickyjordan11, Feb 20, 2009.

1. mickyjordan11

mickyjordan11 New Member

I have my own website but have never been able to place top 10 in the search engines. I have read about SEO and even tried to optimize to achieve better positioning without any results.
    Can anyone point me to the right direction? I really don't know what I am doing wrong. I am not a professional developer, I am self taught, but have been writing html for years.

Any help will be greatly appreciated..

2. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Local SEO is nothing but getting ranked for your local (geographical) keywords. Lets take for example you have a website designing business. And you lived in a city called X in a state Y. Now competing for website designing keyword as such would be extremely competitive. However, if someone were to search using keywords website designing X or website designing Y and if your website is optimized for those keywords, then it would be relatively very easier to rank well for those keywords.

One can easily optimize their site for local keywords by using them throughout their site - headlines, titles, internal links and also in external anchor links coming to your site. SEO isn't as complicated as you think.

3. bOsiNg

bOsiNg New Member

The secret in getting a high ranking in search engine is by using your "keyword" effectively, submitting your site to search engines and directories and getting backlinks.

I have experimented on this and actually got the top spot without spending any penny other than webhosting.

PM me and I might be able to help you.

4. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Micky,

Read this forum and some online marketing blogs about both on-page SEO and off-page SEO.

You'll also want to know all about keyword research and competition evaluation.

There is more to it such as driving traffic, but this is what you are looking for as a first step.

~Newbie Shield~

5. prosolution

prosolution New Member

mickyjordan11: I have my own website but have never been able to place top 10 in the search engines. I have read about SEO and even tried to optimize to achieve better positioning without any results.
    Can anyone point me to the right direction? I really don't know what I am doing wrong. I am not a professional developer, I am self taught, but have been writing html for years.

For local SEO try Google local listings and consider using subdomains with city names: localcity.mywebsite.com