Questions while in DTV ACE Training

Discussion in 'West at Home' started by tinascottnaidan, Jan 13, 2009.

1. tinascottnaidan

tinascottnaidan New Member

Hey everyone, I am in the middle of ACE training. I have never worked so hard for minimum wage, but the way I look at it that I am able to stay home and work so it is worth it. Joe, how much farther do I have to go? I know others in different skills that had 30 hrs training and is working, I am on my second 44 hour training sessions, plus the supplementals. My other question, is they are asking for you to do do a minimum of 20 hours. I am more than OK with that, but people in other skills seem to have issues picking up hours, are there ample hours in Direct TV? This seems to be a very sought after skill, and not given out often. Any help or insight?

2. Buckwheat

Buckwheat New Member

Tina,

It says you have to schedule hours in spectrum before you start ACE training. Whats the deal with that? Are they just for training and no phone calls right? Just a bit confused about that. No other details have been given and no PAL is available at the moment as the line is busy as usual this time of night.

We need a chat group were all WAH people can go to chat online with each other. That might be fun.

Thanks, Buck

3. joeboxer337

joeboxer337 New Member

Buck, you must schedule "ONT Hours in spectrum to correlate with the time you plan on spending training, you can pick these up at any time so if you train for 2 hours and need an extra hour just sign up for it before the time needed(ie you schedule 4-6pm...it's now 5:40 and you want an extra hour...just go schedule it) I hope that clarifies this...Also, no you wont be taking calls till OJT skill is opened up to you...

Tina, there are plenty of hours available, plus if you can set-up a hard schedule(week after week)permanently then even better for you, after training they will offer you to setup a reccurring schedule

Good Luck to All.

4. Buckwheat

Buckwheat New Member

joeboxer337: Buck, you must schedule "ONT Hours in spectrum to correlate with the time you plan on spending training, you can pick these up at any time so if you train for 2 hours and need an extra hour just sign up for it before the time needed(ie you schedule 4-6pm...it's now 5:40 and you want an extra hour...just go schedule it) I hope that clarifies this...Also, no you wont be taking calls till OJT skill is opened up to you...

Thanks for the info. Been on hold for a PAL for 20 minutes and counting. Guess thats how its going to be.

Buck

5. joeboxer337

joeboxer337 New Member

This should be interesting, here is a email I just sent to HR about MY pay issues, we'll see what answer I get, and I will post it here..

As of 1/27/2009 I have yet to be paid for 3 things...

1.My ACE training bonus for completeion of training prior to 12/31/2008

2. 1.5 hours that went unpaid on 1/22/2009 from the hours of 8:30 to 10:pm CST that have been verified and noted on my account by my team leader Lisa.

3. My $50 bonus for completing 20 hours of work from Jan 18th to Jan 24th is not on my paycheck this upcoming week either.

I must say that it is very dissapointing that we are asked and begged to complete these tasks early/or to help the program and in doing so West offers us a bonus that goes unpaid for such a long time. The last one especially this : $50.00 bonus for working 20 hours it was advertised that it would be like us getting paid an extra $2.50 if we met this requirement, so alot of helped out and all I see is my regular paycheck, is there any real explanation?

Sincerely,

Joseph E Lee
    WAH Directv Production Agent

6. tinascottnaidan

tinascottnaidan New Member

Joe I NEED YOU please call me when you can