Quick qestion

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by sk8erpizimp, Jul 22, 2011.

1. sk8erpizimp New Member

Ok so my blog gets ranked number 1 in google search if i type it like this howtogetxboxlivefree, but not when i type how to get xbox live free it does not is there a simple fix for this or any way to fix it please help me thanks.
  2. Just2EZ Gold Member

Not really, but the first step would be to use that sentence often.
    You can switch up the words with similar words but use them in that order.
    They want the content to match the name, not just a name.
    Using H1/H2 tags on the sentence would also give a boost.
    That's a saturated market to get to #1 on, but in demand.
  3. talfighel Silver Member

You can not do anything about this. It is just the way it is. If someone types it in like you types the first one, then you will get traffic.
  4. sk8erpizimp New Member

Have you guys heard of squidoo? Well its kinda like blogspot, but supposedly gets you ranked easier in search engines anyway they put underscores in your url so instead of this is completely random blog name by the way but instead of say farmanimals.blogspot.com it would be http://www.squidoo.com/farm-animals. So I was wondering if i was to do the same for blogspot, and put in underscores like how-to-get-xbox- live-free instead of one squished up word would that rank me better for the keyword i want?

this might be a stupid question, but yeah!

p.s. please dont ban me thats not my blog just a example if im not allowed to do that please just remove it thanks.
  5. dosil New Member

I think it doesn't whether you put dashes, hyphens, or whatever in the domain name. Google will see it the same way I guess.
  6. Just2EZ Gold Member

What matters with the other site is that it points to your URL.
    The hyphens will help readers and thereby increase clicks.
    If they have to figure out the words they may skip you.
    The more clicks you get the more weight you get.
    So, it may not matter to Google but it matters.
    What matters most is the content and readers.
  7. sunnyblue New Member

talfighel: You can not do anything about this. It is just the way it is. If someone types it in like you types the first one, then you will get traffic.
    He can do link building of his preferred phrase so that it would be optimized in search engines.
  8. payment proof Member

sunnyblue: He can do link building of his preferred phrase so that it would be optimized in search engines.
    That's one step, but you've probably got 1,000's of others doing the same thing. Back links are just one part of an over all SEO plan and you need to keep working on SEO.
  9. loner44 New Member

chances are most of the people will never type it this way (in one single line). so looks like you are missing tons of traffic. high time you started using a rank tracker to see where you really stand and fixing this position upwards. good luck
  10. talfighel Silver Member

sunnyblue: He can do link building of his preferred phrase so that it would be optimized in search engines.
    Yeah, I would never recommend anyone here rely on the search engine for traffic. There aren't 1000 of others who are competing with you. There are 10,000's of them.