Really need help and advice.

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by hi2thehaterz, Feb 3, 2010.

1. hi2thehaterz

hi2thehaterz New Member

Whats up everyone, ok i gues i'll start with a little about me.

Im 21 year old dad with a 4 year daughter single parent, mom doesnt see the kid at all. I have a reall shitty job make about 400 every 2 weeks and im not going school because i just dont have the time.

My job is part time and its impossible to get full time at my current job. Ive been searching for a new job the past 2 months with no luck. Every job either requires experience or a degree which i have none.

Sooooo i guess my last resort is starting a at home business.

About a year ago i was trying to get into ppc which i have no money to start and really no money that i can afford to lose. I dont think writing articles for search engines is really my thing and the income from that seems really slow.

I really do need help and this forum seems to be a good place to start its just i dont know where or how to start my business. I would eventually like to make it my full time job, so if someone can help me get my feet in the door i'd really appreciate it.

Sorry for making this long lol[​IMG]
  2. Matt Zenittini

Matt Zenittini Silver Member

It's not too long =]..

I'm actually 20 myself. I work from home in Network Marketing!

Lots of people on this forum like Affiliate Marketing, but I have always personally been a fan of Network Marketing. I feel you get paid more and faster. It also truly leverages the work of EVERYONE to make it easier on you.

I would recommend looking for a free or low cost MLM to get started with since you are on a tight budget.

If you have any specific questions or need any help i would be happy to help you.

Matthew Zenittini
  3. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

Hi There,
    I would not start with PPC in any case.

You need a highly optimized website, ranking first.

There are many stories floating about where PPC accounts..well are being closed..I suspect those that do not have long quality performance histories. PPC is frankly, difficult.

If you head over to EZine, and read articles on various topics, you will see that you can write.
    Your post was well-written.[​IMG]

True, there are authors who have had formal education, such as those holding a PhD, who publish works on various medical topics.

However, unless you want to be highly technical, writing about a topic that interests you can actually grow on you.

MLM may be a consideration, as mentioned above.

If you consider writing and publishing articles, Squidoo will not cost you a dime and can be quite fun.

In any case, if you buy into a program, ask for opinions here on the forum to be certain you are getting looking into a legitimate deal.

I wish you great success!

4. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Great advice from both Matt and Victoria - if you go with MLM, Matt is the man.[​IMG]

If you want to take a look at Affiliate Marketing, there is a ton of info on the forum here and actually I have a link listed below that may help...

What IS Affiliate Marketing??
  5. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

I would love to help you out one on one to succeed in network marketing online but you will need to invest some money to make money.

The nice thing about network marketing and I totally agree with Matt on this, this is the best business ever and when you find a few people that duplicate what you do and build their own teams, your income will just grow and grow.

Help is on the way from a guy who cares about others.

6. ACB123

ACB123 New Member

I guess my first question for you is what do you love to do? Could be your favorite past time or hobby is what I'm talking about. Most people who have their home based business generally do something they're passionate about.

Second question, does it have to be an online business for you? Do you possess some type of marketable skill? Maybe you can start your own offline business. I actually have both an online and offline business myself.

If you're committed to working online, then I seriously recommend doing something you're passionate about. Otherwise it's not going to work.

MLM could work for you but I'm more of a fan of Affiliate Marketing.

Whatever you choose, good luck. This forum is a great place to get advice. If you have any other questions, PM me and I'll help you.
  7. timbonderud

timbonderud New Member

Starting a home business is a wonderful thing, make sure you find something you would enjoy, also look for something with a small learning curve, and make sure you have great training as well so you can launch your business. Then you will be very successful.
  8. gowriter

gowriter Member

Don't start with a home business just yet! You need cash now.

I recommend you check out a blog called Freelance Home Writer Blog. It's written by Willow Sidhe. She reviews sites that pay you to write articles.

I wrote for 2 sites she recommended: Personal Money Store and World Start. They each pay you every week with PayPal. Articles can range from $10 per article to as high as $75. It all depends on the editor, of course.

So get yourself a PayPal account right away. It's free to sign up. Transferring money from PayPal to your bankaccount can take 3 to 4 days. With PayPal, you can also sell on eBay.

Build up a little cash first before starting a home business. Making money on the internet is not as simple as it's made out to be. I recommend you get the right training.

But I'm going to be honest. If you're making $800 a month with a 4 year old kid, you'll need to save every dollar you have until you have a comfortable savings. Writing articles for content sites can help you with that. Some will pay as low as $3 per article, but for you every little bit helps.

When you've saved enough to sustain yourself, then start an online business. Unless you have proper training which costs some money -- not a lot -- you cannot afford to get frustrated and waste time.

Good luck to you.
  9. dougster77

dougster77 New Member

Also try ehow which pays you monthly by paypal and once you write the articles you continue to recieve passive income.

If you can pop out a hundred of these 250+ word articles, you have a good chance of making more than $100 every month with no more work.

I did this exact thing about 9 months ago and I am still seeing the income increase each month and I haven't written anything after that first month.
  10. joanne

joanne New Member

Unfortunately I think the income from any type of marketing is slow in the beginning - there's ALOT of new skills to be learnt, no matter what forum of marketing you choose. Even PPC takes time (and possibly alot of money as well) - I know someone that spent $5000 before he even started to break even.

I know you say you don't want to write articles but it actually is one of the easiest ways to get started making money online. The returns can be very good, but there's alot of learning involved - it's definitely not as simple as just writing a handful of articles and submitting them to an article directory.
  11. yasser

yasser New Member

start with selling on ebay. it is not expensive and the business model is easy to understand and best of all, there are no scams out there.[​IMG]
  12. niddy

niddy New Member

Try Lots of jobs there...I've made quite a bit of money there.
  13. Dana K

Dana K New Member

The best way for you to make money is one you love and are passionate about.

Why do I say this? Because to become truly successful, you'll need to focus plenty of time, attention and energy on building your business. When you love what you're doing, you'll WANT to do that and can't help but become successful.

If you love to write, write. If you love interacting with people, network. If you love making deals, eBay.

It's okay if you don't have all the skills today. Decide your course, then create a series of immediate, short & long term goals to get there.

The internet & library are filled with free, helpful info to teach you anything you'll need to know. Seek out friendly advice from trustworthy people. Avoid get-rich-quick schemes.

Success is available to anyone willing to achieve it. Good luck to you!