Rebate processor jobs

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by weblly123, Mar 18, 2007.

1. zenglen

zenglen New Member

BBB.org and whois.net research
    It wasn't easy to do really, but here are my findings:
    Start by looking for a company name, address, & phone number on the landing page
    - Can't find one

Search BBB.org for landing page url: processathome(dot)com
    - 1 listing found for Easy Way Services, it's unclear whether or not there is a direct affiliation between these this company name and 'processathome'. But it is notable that they received an "F" rating, and there are 3 unresolved complaints

Follow money trail. Who process payments for them?
    - mouse over payment link and find that it points to clickandbuy(dot)com

Back to BBB.org - URL search tab - term: clickandbuy(dot)com
    - This company also has an unsatisfactory record and happens to have 3 unresolved complaints

What's the connection between the two?
    - Unknown The addresses for the two companies are on opposite sides of the country the first is L.A., CA and latter is NY.

Back to Whois.com - I noticed an "About us" link in the whois record
    - points to an aboutus.org page the only useful info was a "related domains" section that points to clickandbuy(dot)com

Conclusion
    Unresolved complaints often indicate that a customer attempted to get their money back and the company was unresponsive. The fact that processathome(dot)com is using a payment processor that has a bad record at BBB.org, is another in series of red flags. But remember, the first red flag that should come up for you is that they are asking you to pay for an opportunity to work. So the 'magic 8 ball' answer to the question, "Is the Angel Stevens processor program a SCAM or not?" is
    "Signs point to yes"

2. nikflorida

nikflorida New Member

Concerning mystery shopping, I have been doing "secretshopper.com" for several years now... shopping local restaurants and retail establishments. They don't pay a lot of cash (generally it's reimbursement and/or $25 or so), but it's enjoyable and we eat a lot of free dinners (probably 2x a month).

They're completely legitimate, but really this is more of a "hobby with perks" than a reliable second-income source.

3. Capri

Capri New Member

Hi,
    I, too, received an email from Angel Stevens. I am just wondering if anyone has found out if this is legit. It sounds as though it would be a great home business.

Would like to hear more info from anyone who might know about this.

4. wcupit

wcupit New Member

What is th ename of the company that you work for? How do you go about signing up? Does it matter wehat sdtate you live in?

5. reddox

reddox New Member

There are few steps you can take to check the validity of the business. The first step is by doing a domain lookup at www.whois.net, type in the domain name for whois lookup, example www.processathome.com. This will give you some information about the domain name such as the person or company it is register to, and when it was created as well as the expiration date. After getting some information such as telephone number or address, the second step is to proceed to BBB.org and do a search by company name or phone number. My advice to you is that; always check the validity of these domain names by doing a whois lookup. Some of this work at home business is registered by one person under different domain names. There is legitimate work at home business out there. I have done some research, and honestly they exist because I have witnessed it.

6. blondeandsmart

blondeandsmart New Member

I have been reading your posts regarding work at home rebate processing because I too was interested in doing this. In fact, I have spent the best part of a couple days researching these. For the most part, I was looking into a company called "Process at Home" (processathome.com) offered by Angel Stevens. Of course if you act today, you can get her program, "Home Rebate Processor Certification Program" for a reduced price of $197.

Well, after much research, I ended up being directed to "ScamXposers" (scamxposer.com) and found that they have rated the above mentioned company as just that, a SCAM.

I was VERY dissappointed, [​IMG] as I was really interested in the work. I would suggest anyone looking into any of these types of companies go to scamxposers.com to check if they too are a scam. If anyone finds one out there that is legit - I would LOVE for you to post it for the rest of us!

Happy hunting - be careful out there!
    blondeandsmart

7. muppet

muppet New Member

I saw the same ad from the Stevens person - really wanted to believe that there was a real opportunity, but I know that I should not have to pay for an opportunity to work. I too think it's a scam. If it walks like a duck....

8. wannabewah

wannabewah New Member

WOW! I almost bought into this. Good thing I found great information on this site. Within the last 3 days, I have received 2 seperate emails from two different people promoting the same site regarding Angel Stevens. It sounded too good to be true. And $15 per rebate seems extreme, especially when the rebate you're processing is only worth $9 something.

9. manov

manov New Member

Hey Guys,

My first post here-

This rebate processing is a scam. Here is how it works

> You promote Clickbank product through PPC like adwords or whatever...
    > Hopefully someone buys product through your affiliate link.
    > Then you send rebate to the customer through Paypal since you are getting commission for the product.

It's another hogwash avatar of product like survey income, data entry jobs etc.

Be warned- It's not a job... [​IMG]

10. rpjworkathome

rpjworkathome New Member

I believe Angel Stevenson is a scam plus charges too much ($197) when you can buy same program for $39.00. Just Google it!!!

11. kalien

kalien New Member

Thank you all for your insight!! I received the email from Angel Stevens today, read through the entire processathome website, googled Angel Stevens, and was brought here. What I would like to know now is: who is John Washington?? He is the "author" of a sidebar "bio" of Angel Stevens on her website. Oh, the tangled webs these scammers weave!

I do have to agree with the consensus here that this is too good to be true. Although the site my email brought me to offers a 3-month money back guarantee on the $197 registration fee, the link to warranties & legal disclaimers doesn't support this claim.

I wonder why none of the people that write the testimonials on these pages ever visit this forum to support the claims made?

Wishing all of you a Prosperous 2008!!

Kalien

12. itsjusme

itsjusme New Member

Hey Guys,

thanks for the info on the processathome website, I was really close to giving away $197! Does anyone know of any work at home programs that are legetimate?

13. Debra S

Debra S New Member

I received the ANGEL STEVENS, PROCESS AT HOME, e-mail today for the first time. It looked good BUT then I clicked on the "Warranties/Disclaimers" which says this company is based in Nicosia, CYPRUS and the contracts are subject to the laws of Nicosia, Cyprus. So obviously it is a SCAM.
    It's a shame our government can't stop these e-mail scams!

14. loriquil

loriquil New Member

I have looked into many of them and these are total scams. The best way to find scams are to google the name of the company with scam after it.....if you don't find anything negative continue your research.....remember, to pay for information is one thing but to pay for work is unacceptable.

15. Tesiam

Tesiam New Member

Is there any work at home jobs out there that are not scams. I don't expect $3000. a week....but really! I spend more time checking these companies out rather than looking for at home work. Anyone out there working at home jobs and would like to clue me in, please..my Husband thanks you!!!

16. susan5559

susan5559 New Member

Forrestzoo and Pudgy Patsy,

You both do mystery shopping and say there are 300 legitimate companies online. Would you tell the rest of us the company names so we can join the fun, too and know it's real??
    Thanks!
    Susan

17. lufkincy

lufkincy New Member

Angel Stevens is apparently a scam. The company is registered offshore - which is a big flag. Also, the majority of time a company will either train you free or pay you during training.

I'm retired and have been looking for something I could make a couple of thousand dollars a month, so when Angel's email came in, I read it and checked it out. When I Googled the name there were many hits and none positive.

If anyone knows of a legitimate work at home program I would be much interested in hearing from you. Thanks - Cy Stapleton, Lufkin, TX

18. emtoflancaster

emtoflancaster New Member

I, too, received an email from Angel Stevens. When they introduce Angel Stevens they post her picture next to the introduction. Both pictures are of two different people all together! How is that possible? Let me tell you. IT'S NOT! The whole thing is a fake just to take your hard earned money. So don't fall for these scams. Unfortunately, there are several people out there trying to make a dishonest living off of our money. So be smart, do your homework before you invest. By the way, when you have a job, your the one that gets paid not them.
    Take care and be careful.

19. jsolomon

jsolomon New Member

Go to MSPA, Mystery Shoppers Providers Association, and look under members. There are at least 30 companies that you can sign up with to do mystery shopping.

20. sky2k8

sky2k8 New Member

sell web hosting instead,
    for 149.95 get a reseller account from
    host-it-planet dot com

at least you can earn on an investment [​IMG]