Rebate processor jobs

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by weblly123, Mar 18, 2007.

1. taylorswoman

taylorswoman New Member

I am looking into CPG in Tempe, but was wondering if anyone has worked for them and if it would be worth it. My husband works in Tempe pretty close to the main office and could drop off and pick up the rebates for me. Would they even let him? Please let me know.
    Thanks!
  2. nightprincess

nightprincess New Member

I was looking at this website too and looked it up on www.betterbusinessbureau.org. I clicked on the USA site, not a state, and put Angela Penbrook in the search. The 1st 3 results were related to the rebateprocessortools website, and I think it was the middle one that had testimonies that this was a scam.
  3. Riki_o

Riki_o New Member

Yeah, I also got the Angela Penbrook one.....That's the whole reasone I searched these forums first......Sounded like a really good plan....To bad it wasn't for real
  4. ecelticsoul

ecelticsoul New Member

Quoting: Pudgy PatsyI belong to somewhat of a clearing house, that I pay for to get emails sent to me,

Patsy,

you make mention of finding one of the 300 companies out there, its hard to know where to start. Where can i find a "somewhat clearing house" to send me emails such as yourself?
  5. tsbworkfromhome

tsbworkfromhome New Member

Do you work for on demand profits? If so, how does that work?
  6. maget

maget New Member

Do anyone know of any valid work from home jobs?
  7. tweetybird

tweetybird New Member

WARNING

Hi All this is a warning for anyone out there looking for work on line. I was approached be e-mail from an add I fouind in my local paper. The guy said he was looking for reps in the states to handle money transfers. All I woul need to do is open a bank account and forward the name/number/rounting numbers to him. So that the clients could deposit money in it. Once it CLEARED my bank then I could keep 10% and forward the rest to him minus any transfer fees along with $50 on top of what it would cost to open the account for example if it cost 25 then they would have me keep $75. He told me a client was looking to deposit 20,000.00 dollars. So I would get $2,000.00 plus account set up fees and the cost to wire transfer the money. All GREAT right. I mean you have to give the credit card companies that information for an on-line payment. I contatcted the FBI website with the information and pasted the e-mails as well. I called them the next day he is in the top 10 most biggest scam artists on line the guys name is Sam or Linda Joseph there website false is beads.textiles.com or Global sources. They said I could make up to 5,000.00 + a month. I was almost suckered. Contact the FBI before you do ANYTHING. I was lucky Please Be Careful "If its to good to be true it is NOT true"
  8. tweetybird

tweetybird New Member

Check with the FBI first ALOT of scams right now
  9. Healthyfreemom

Healthyfreemom New Member

I just received the "Angel thing" also. I already have a legitimate work at home business and still I was intrigued. For any or us involved with marketing, it is a really good example of really good marketing. Thank goodness there are forums like this to check out the validity.

Many of you seem to looking for work at home business that have low or no cost. I coach people who are looking into working from home in my industry. Something to think about as you search is: Do you want to be an employee, or do you want to be self-employed? The answer to that question is a big determining factor in what kind of opportunities you will find.

If you are interested in being and employee, having the company pay you and take care of taxes and social security, but still work out of your home, then that's how you need to structure your search. Companies that hire you will not want any fee from you, since you are working for them. Many people like the security that this type of position brings.

if you prefer to be self-employed then you are looking at a different type of scenario. Being self-employed means that you own your business. Either you are an independent contractor working under the umbrella of an existing company, or you have developed your own company. In both these situations you need to think as if you were a business owner. There are many advantages to this type of arrangement, particularly with regards to taxes and flexibility. Ultimately the financial rewards may be greater than being an employee. The harder part is that it's your business and starting a business requires some capital.

Even if you're business involves selling on ebay, or being an affiliate marketer, or joining a (legitimate only) network marketing company, it will involve some start-up costs. If you are serious about it, then you need to treat it like a business. All your initial costs will be tax-deductible. Often the costs will be minimal. Expect in the range of $300-$500. Include business cards, a domain name, enrollment fees for certain companies. Don't worry about this. You are starting your own business. Paying out money to get involved with something does not automatically mean it is a scam.

The bottom line is...whether you become a employee for a company who allows you work from home, or you become an independent contractor working for yourself, treat it like a business. That is how you succeed. Especially if you do network marketing, affiliate marketing or ebay, if you treat it like a hobby it will pay like a hobby. If you work it like a business, if you educate yourself, get training, pay for supplies and materials that help your professional image, then it will pay like a business. This is not "get rich quick". "Get rich quick" is a scam. You might as well keep betting on the lottery.

Good luck to you all.
  10. morganlove

morganlove New Member

ok so last night I tried the 39.95 one......... I feel like a 5 year old kid trying to get a stuffed animal out of one of those machines and realizing it will never happen!!! if your looking to process rebates at home, that is simply NOT what your going to be doing. most of these sites say they are rebate processing but in reality you have to set up your own website, sell their product, and THEN do the rebate. but in order to get to the rebate you have to do all kinds of stuff. Including pay more money!!!!! The angel stevens thing is the exact same thing. I just wish all of us stay at home moms (and anyone looking to work from home) could find an EASY job that we dont have to BUY anything first of all (why should we pay someone to work for them?) and second something that I dont have to sell their bs product!!! I would really like a rebate processing job....... sounds fun and easy!!!!
  11. kevinkalexander

kevinkalexander New Member

The Angel Stevens gig is a scam. They're very misleading. One ad said "Get paid to write from home"... then you click on the site, and it's processing rebates for $15 a pop. Think about it, most rebates are $20 or less anyway, so how can any reasonable company pay you as much to process the rebate as the rebate is worth itself. The 15 cent/rebate rate sounds much more realistic.

But, also note that not all companies that offer a buy-in are bad. I bought into Ignite Inc., which is an MLM and I cashed a check within 30 days that paid for the buy-in. Of course, I had personal references which I trusted that referred me.

Just remember, if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is too good to be true. So, with that said, how many business ventures are successful if you don't invest some time and money into them? None. Don't expect to get significant income from anything that's free, and don't expect to get significant income just because you throw a couple of hundred dollars at something. It's all about you, your desire and effort.

There's probably somebody that made money doing any one of these "scam" opportunities because they put forth an effort to make it work that you simply can't justify in your mind. If the system works, you will here multiple people defending that system because they've tried and it worked for them. If nobody is defending something, then it's not working for enough people for you to bother with unless you just want to make it a personal challenge to yourself.
  12. Rory

Rory New Member

Yeah, I have also done what manov did, checking out the $39 or whatever "rebate processing" ad online. I checked it out by buying it.

It works as manov outlines above. My only addition would be that I don't consider this a scam per se. For anyone who can make ppc work this is ppc with a technique added that gives you an edge in the percentage of clickthrus and conversions you get, because you offer the customer a rebate on their purchase.

That means, relative to your ppc competitors for your product/keywords you have an additional incentive for them to click and buy from you rather than them.

The real problem comes if you can't manage to make ppc work for you. There are great eproducts out there showing you step by step how to be brilliant at adwords, e.g. Chris Carpenter's GoogleCash product and Dr Jon Cohen's GetGoogleAdsFree.

But alas, I follow every step and am a complete failure, while I hear others in forums say they use ppc as their main successful marketing method. Each to their own.
  13. jshlookin

jshlookin New Member

I looked at this Angel Stevens thing too, but as I navigated away from the site after deciding against it,--- What looked like my official Yahoo platform box popped up with my Yahoo user name in one box and below it the empty box for my password, and asked me to verify my password to continue. I've seen this before, but never thought about it until now---- Is this website somehow sending me this "official " looking request just to get my password? That's maybe the Scam within the Scam! Not too happy if that's what they were doing as I put my password in the box and then thought better of it and before I clicked anything I xxxed out of the box. Then I got a pop up that said some operator would like to give me some special deal if I would just click cancel in the pop up window, being curious, I did so and nothing happened, so I xxxed out of the browser window--- Now I wonder if they didn't somehow get my password anyhow, so I've got to change it----- What a huge hassle-- Like that post earlier, " If it looks like a skunk. sounds like a skunk, smells like a skunk--- then it probably IS a skunk". Stay away!!!!!!!!!!
  14. jawall

jawall New Member

FYI, a friend of the family is working with this program, she got a $10,000 check last Friday and presently has another $11,000 credited to her PayPal account. I am waiting to be sure the check clears and if It does I am going to be in. She set a rebate ad for "TV on your PC" about a month ago and it has been selling like hotcakes.
    Again I am waiting and watching with baited breath.
    This have seen with my own eyes, BTW, we are in TX.
    If you find anything different I would love to hear it.
    [email protected] to reach me
    Alan
  15. delboy

delboy New Member

hi , i wonder just how many people have bought into it , eh. bet ms stevens retires next week.
    Tina Lambert.[​IMG]
  16. Chrystelk

Chrystelk New Member

yes, i was gonna do it, but thank God for some sense, i cecked the disclaimer than i googled Ms. Pennebrook and the Work at Home Processing and found overwhemingly neg reviews. Her ad was completl misleading, and they never mentioned that we had to sell products and get a return... Thank you for saving me from being even more broke.
  17. jawall

jawall New Member

I'm betting against the retirement, EveniIf it is a scam I know of 10 others in the area who are participating now so she stands to continue to make $$$$, If it is not a scam she is making $$$$. No one, especially scammers leave money on the table. Wait and see, time will tell.

BTW, I have been in touch with several of the opposers who post on line and it is funny to me how they all have a "work at home" plan that really works. The one who post most often I have tried his plan (project payday) and lost money so there you go, who ya gonna trust.
  18. solivas

solivas New Member

Well...1st its amazing that this has been going on since 2007! I just "e-chatted" with a supposed live person and 3 times when i asked about it being a scam i was told "This is definitely any sort of scam or get rich quick scheme". I copied that straight from the e-chat screen. So I guess I will trust the words straight from the horses mouth! Valerie Stevens ProcessAtHome.com is a self prclaimed scam - beware and please do not fall for thier gimicks!

Have a great day!
  19. Healthyfreemom

Healthyfreemom New Member

Just for everyone's information..there is a national magazine that spotlight's a different home business every month. It is an independent publication that has been around for 2-3 years. This is a great place to research a variety of work at home companies. You can find out the details in my blog listed below.
  20. miguel3725

miguel3725 New Member

google Angel Stevens scams