Recommendations for My Wife

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by bsg_Yasir, May 27, 2009.

1. bsg_Yasir

bsg_Yasir New Member

I'm looking for recommendations for my wife on jobs she can do from home. She would like to open a day care at home, but while she's planning for it she wants to see what she can do at home that doesn't require too many resources.

What types of businesses would you recommend as something easy to get a hang of and begin building from home?

Thanks! [​IMG]

2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Oh boy... where do we start...[​IMG]

I think I will just tell you this much - there is a whole heck of a lot of stuff out there![​IMG]

3. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

Does your wife enjoy writing?

You might browse this forum for a while.
    There are many ideas and reviews.

Victoria

4. johnjimat

johnjimat New Member

ya i think you have to browser this forum, there is many home job your wife can do. just choose what your wife can do.

5. bsg_Yasir

bsg_Yasir New Member

She likes cooking, helping people, and talking to people. From her education and job background she can do data entry and accounting work. She would also like to be able to stop working if she wanted to without having a strict schedule. If she wants to take a few weeks off, she wants to be able to do that. Does this help narrow down options?

I've browsed through the forums and have found a lot of things, I was hoping from your knowledge you could recommend something that would be ok for a beginner and go from there.

Thanks again.

[​IMG]

6. cherie27

cherie27 New Member

If you are starting a business/job from home, there are a lot of choices available.

For a beginner to start a business, i think it should be affiliate marketing.

Just my 2 cents

7. jaesun16

jaesun16 New Member

HI,

I am working at home too.. I had been looking for online job for

couple months, and now I work on the site which is called "Paid TO

CLICK"

My quick recommendation is

NEOBUX
    - Click ads for 30 seconds you will earn up to $0.02 a day
    - Rent referrals to click for you earn up to $0.04 per referral a day
    - Up to 4000 referrals rent available
    - Maximum pay out is $160 daily.

Total your investment : $90 Golden membership - Max rent 2000 referrals
    $890 Ultimate membership - Max rent 4000 referrals
    Average $60 per 200 referrals rent

Now you can have calculation of your own!

I hope this will help your wife~

Good luck to you

Happy day~^^[​IMG]

8. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Affiliate marketing is a great way to go, but it will take some time to get things rolling... if you go to the bottom of the forum page and enter affiliate marketing into the search bar there, it will bring up a bunch of affiliate thread here on the forum where you can learn a lot about it...

9. kevo1969

kevo1969 New Member

Hi There, Your wife can work from home using little resourses, But keep in mind WFH companies do require set up registration fees as this is a requirement for most people due to local laws etc.
    So be prepared to do this I'm sure you would agree if it costs nothing it should be investigated further by yourself and your wife. Overall take a look as I did with a few things to keep in mind one of them being return on investment because essntially that is what you are doing, you want a return on your investment.

10. happywife

happywife Gold Member

bsg_Yasir: She likes cooking, helping people, and talking to people. From her education and job background she can do data entry and accounting work. She would also like to be able to stop working if she wanted to without having a strict schedule. If she wants to take a few weeks off, she wants to be able to do that. Does this help narrow down options?

I've browsed through the forums and have found a lot of things, I was hoping from your knowledge you could recommend something that would be ok for a beginner and go from there.

Thanks again.

I was a complete beginner when I started online learning how to build a website around a topic I was interested in and make money from it.

I have to admit it was VERY confusing and challenging at first, but I really love it now. The adventure of learning a new skill was just what I needed, too.

As Viola mentioned, it does take time to establish yourself and build an online business, but it really is a great option for your wife, particularly if she wants something that is extremely flexible and can be put on "hold" when she wants some "time off."

I recently had to put my "work time" on hold for several weeks while moving, traveling, etc. In spite of that, the groundwork I had already laid made it possible for me to continue to earn even when I'm not working.

Plan for the long term. If she has the luxury of a bit of time (several months) before it's absolutely crucial that she start earning, then building an online web business is a wonderful option.

If you use a program like SiteBuildIt (SBI) like I did, you don't have to worry so much about the "how-to" since they have that part laid out really well. What you have to be willing to provide is the motivation and effort. [​IMG]

Blessings,
    Angie

11. nanlar

nanlar New Member

Maybe she could be a distributor for a product. Pretty basic really.

12. kyrash

kyrash New Member

Affiliate marketing will be a good idea for her. For instance she can start a blog on eating healthy food (since you say she loves cooking)

The blog can cover healthy food recipes how to eat junk food and stay healthy (with respect to preparation) etc..etc..

Then she puts up affiliate links on the site after a while. This is the way i will go personally as it will continue to bring result even after you have moved on to other projects( just make sure the articles she puts on the sites are unique)

So many ideas but dont spread yourself too thin. Cheers

13. jeffathome

jeffathome New Member

If she likes fitness she could become an online fitness coach helping people get results. Team Beachbody needs coaches to handle the 20-40 thousand new customers coming in every week. They assign them to you and then you make a commission on all of their future sales. Great long term residual income. Did I say free customers? Yep, free. They spend 90 million a year on infomercials. Now that's going to generate a ton of customers.

14. rosa41

rosa41 New Member

Here's the deal with me.
    I own a drywall business and it's not doing well with this economy. I decided to go online to make money (I'm getting too old for drywall anyway) and, after research, decided on a program for beginners. (I knew absolutely nothing). About 60 days later (less for someone that knows more about their computer and the internet), I now have enough knowledge to choose my own campaigns to set up and market. I am doing affiliate marketing now while I learn everything, but I already know that I am going to eventually set up blogs and websites around the topics that I know about and interested in. For example, health and nutrition are important to me, I will find products to market and I will gather info to put on a website, I will sell ad space to other marketers, I will sell stuff on eBay and all the social networking sites. There really is no limit. Learn the basics and then build an online income around whatever gets you wife excited and/or what she knows. I didn't think I had anything to offer until I went through this program and realized that everyone does AND that they can make money from it with a little work.
    The VERR BEST thing is that I work and then take a break and work and then take a break....all up to me. No schedules, no boss!
    Good luck.

15. thebart

thebart New Member

As has been mentioned, if you have a little time before it is critical that this business be pulling in money; then affiliate marketing is the way to go. There are a ton of free resouces that can help you get started.