Reflections and Resolutions

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by A8ch, Dec 28, 2013.

1. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

It's the end of the year again. As you look back at what you have achieved you will either be happy and satisfied, disappointed and depressed, or somewhere in between. Wherever you happen to find yourself this time around, rest assured there are valuable clues left behind that can help you strengthen your resolve and improve the outcome next year.

Failure and success always leave a breadcrumb trial of clues. It's up to you to recognize those clues and then use them to avoid the pitfalls and get on the open road to your destination.

Here are 9 suggestions you may find useful as you go back to the drawing board:

1. Accept responsibility for your missteps and failures
    2. Acknowledge and embrace the things you did right
    3. Make new and more challenging goals for yourself
    4. Create realistic plans to meet those new goals
    5. Take deliberate and persistent action on your plans
    6. Resolve not to quit before you reach your goals
    7. Don't be afraid to take calculated risks
    8. Expect to succeed
    9. Have fun in the process​

To every member of this forum I offer my sincerest wish that all your endeavors bear fruit in 2014.

Have a truly fabulous year!

2. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Wonderful post Hermas :)

Wishing all a happy, healthy and fruitful 2014 :)
    Just2EZ likes this.
  3. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Excellent suggestions, Hermas. That really sums up a great way to approach life all year round.

This past year hasn't been too bad, but I can certainly see where I've failed to accomplish all that I'd intended. I can also see why! :) Sometimes it was my own fault and sometimes priorities had to be shifted due to the circumstances of those around me.

Regardless, I leave the old year with a sense of peace at where I currently stand and look forward with anticipation to all that this new year brings and what I can bring to it.

Wishing all joy and blessings to you and yours,
  4. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

For those of you here who did not succeed too well with your online business in 2013, take a look at what worked for you and what did not.

The nice thing about FAILING and seeing what isn't working is that fact that you can take other actions and see what works and what doesn't.

You have to test how you market. You have to test the results. Not everything that you do will work.

Reflect on things and change your approaches and actions. That is how you MOVE FORWARD.
    Just2EZ likes this.
  5. Glenn Hall

Glenn Hall New Member

Talfighel... Great point... Fail Forward. The only bad mistakes are the ones we don't learn from.

Here are my 5 Keys to Success in 2014

Have Written Goals - must be S.M.A.R.T. Specific, Measureable, Attainable, Relevant, Time bound
    Be Congruent - Let your Thoughts, Words, and Actions line up
    Live with Intention - Be deliberate. Have proclamations (thought directed emotion generates feeling)
    Be grateful - If you are grateful for what you have, you'll be given more to be grateful for)
    Forgive - Holding on to hurts, habits and hangups doesn't serve you. In order the grow, sometimes we have to let go of stuff from our past, first. Holding unforgiveness is like you drinking poison and hoping the other person dies...

May 2014 be all you intend it to be.
  6. whitney black

whitney black Member

Accept your failures as learning experiences and keep moving forward, this is the best and only way to succeed in life. Have a great 2014 everyone!