Removing call waiting

Discussion in 'West at Home' started by sdl1109, Feb 2, 2009.

1. sdl1109

sdl1109 New Member

I have finished my HSN training and my webinar and I am just waiting for mt HSN Login. I am trying to remove call waiting and my cable company informs me that I can't remove it permanently. I can only remove it for each individual outbound call only but not for inbound calls. Is that going to be a problem? Does anybody have any ideas? Thanks

2. Nora001

Nora001 New Member

When did you finish your HSN training? I finished mine on Sat afternoon and I still haven't received my webinar invite... And yes I do think it will be a problem because when HSN routes callers to your phone line, they know your busy and on the other line with someone else because it gives them a busy signal, so if you have call waiting and you happen to be on another call, HSN won't know your on the call because it won't give them a busy signal so that customer will be
    "waiting" for you to answer the phone which could take a while or they might get disconnected.

3. ShawnFL

ShawnFL New Member

I had call waiting and just disconnected it entirely. It was annoying when I was working and on a call with a customer and my phone would keep beeping and I would miss part of what the customer said. I have a cell phone too. I just tell friends, family, and my children's school to call that if they need me.

4. eber3

eber3 New Member

The only thing you can do is switch phone service if they can't remove call waiting. You will be fired if you have call waiting because you will be missing calls.

5. sdl1109

sdl1109 New Member

yes...it seems like i have to change my phone service in order to do it..i have spent hours on the phone with my cable company and they said that they can't remove it