RSS Feeds in your Squidoo lenses

Discussion in 'Squidoo' started by TshirtFrank, Jun 11, 2009.

1. TshirtFrank New Member

Hi All,

I recently discovered RSS feeds in my squidoo lens. I have a blog that I update regularly for one of my niches and recently sent an rss feed to a squidoo lens that is in the same niche. I now have an extra back link and regularly updated content in one shot!

I highly recommend it.

TSF
  2. A8ch Gold Member

The RSS module is a very handy Squidoo feature for exactly
    the reasons you stated. I endorse the recommendation.

Hermas
  3. newbiz02 New Member

Rss is a nice feature. I had been curious about it for a while. And it comes up everywhere i went. so i learned about it. Now my blog is submitted to the top rss agregators, im getting traffic, im being spidered, and im getting subcriptions.

suhhweeet! [IMG]
  4. mediafreak New Member

At first it seems RSS is a complicated thing altogether. But ironically, it stands for Really Simple Syndication and that's as accurate as it can be. Nothing like a consistent and handy reminder for new content - a reward for content providers to keep giving away knowledge and tips.
  5. profitgenie New Member

Rss feeds are great for lenses or blogs just remember to submit them to rss directories. Found a new program that does that for you and to 50 social bookmarking sites traffic-bug

Jamie
  6. lauren227nicole New Member

I have no idea where to start or how to implement RSS feeds into my lenses. I know RSS mean "really simple," but I am having so much trouble with it. I can't get it to work in Blogger either. What I am doing wrong???
  7. countrygirl New Member

Hi lauren227nicole! There is a RSS module that you can add to your lens and link it to your blog. Therefore, when you post on your blog, it will feed to your squidoo lens. Just make sure they are on the same topic!! Hope this helps![IMG]
  8. Sam1966 New Member

Is traffic bug free or paid service?
  9. Newbie Shield Gold Member

Just to clarify - an RSS feed on a Squidoo lens doesn't count as fresh content.

I'm not implying that it isn't worth it though. Just think it through carefully before you slap on an RSS module.

~Newbie Shield~
  10. VictoriaNTC Silver Member

Newbie Shield: Just to clarify - an RSS feed on a Squidoo lens doesn't count as fresh content.

I'm not implying that it isn't worth it though. Just think it through carefully before you slap on an RSS module
    Oh that's good to know.
    Thank you Newbie Shield.
    Victoria
  11. VictoriaNTC Silver Member

Sam1966: Is traffic bug free or paid service?
    Traffic Bug is a paid service.
    Check for a 40 day free trial through the Thirty Day Challenge.

I ADORE IT!

The daunting bookmarking task - so boring.

This tool has saved me: (Over a 2 week period)

Total Directories Submissions: 443 = 1329 minutes Saved
    Total Social Bookmarks Made: 991 = 1982 minutes Saved
    Est Time Saved With Traffic Bug: 3642 Minutes

COOL!
    Victoria
  12. Jean LA New Member

Submitting the same RSS to tens of RSS sites can also give it additional quality backlinks.