Saving energy and water

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Dorean Clarke, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Dorean Clarke

Dorean Clarke Member

I don't know if it's alright to post this here but my friend needs help. Her bills for her car wash business went in an all-time high last month so she's trying to come up with ways in order to save more energy and water. More because she already took some measures a few months ago like installing nozzles with lower flow and which run at lower pressure.
    Any other ideas on how she can save more?

2. payment proof

payment proof Well-Known Member

Are there any methods she could use to reclaim some water and perhaps use it a second time for rinsing? Or maybe setting time limits for rinses?

3. homemakermom

homemakermom New Member

Its okay Dorean. I'm thinking right now on what will be the best ways to cut or reduce expenses of your friend's car wash. Well, for me, if the business is not that big, maybe she could talk first to some of her staff about lessening their water expense by turning it off when not in use. Same when using their electricity. Or else maybe she could ask some assistance for a tool that could help her become aware of other means about conserving her business resources.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
  4. Dorean Clarke

Dorean Clarke Member

I found a solution from Ecova that can possibly help lower our utility bills, I checked user reviews after checking their website and I read good feedbacks and recommendations from previous clients. I might give them a call this week to inquire more about their solutions. I'll keep you posted!

5. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

It obviously depends on the area, as in, sunny most of year, then adding solar panels can cut back on power consumption. If it rains often, putting several 55 gallon poly water barrels on roof to capture rain water which is soft and non spotting, so good for rinse cycle and can cut water consumption dramatically.

Success to all,

payment proof likes this.