Scam List

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by mcbsconsulting, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Hey Vishal,
    I was just wondering, I visit every day (even though I don't always post), and more and more I see questions for particular companies regarding Scams vs Legit...
    Do you think it would be OK to start a list of PROVEN SCAMS?
    This may answer some questions right up front for some newbies and allow them to ask questons regarding other Work at Home Problems and Successes.
    Let us all know what you think.
    Thanks,
    Joe

2. wmtoolbox

wmtoolbox New Member

If you guys can come up with a list of scams, I can through it right into my website for everyone to see. I already have a list of scam paid to read email programs. Also the scam page provides resources to where you can check if a site is legit or not.

3. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

A good suggestion Joe [​IMG] I'll start a new section where members will discuss only whether certain companies are scam or not.

4. Julia

Julia New Member

I think a scam would be visible from the get go--they would want a lot of money to get started, you would have to buy and inventory a lot of stock--or any....and the company would be newly in business and not have references.

Make sure any company has been around atleast 10 years. Don't give them ANY money until you have checked them out w/ BBB, and other references.

Talk to someone who has been in it, perhaps call them as a customer prospect, not as a potential sales person. See how educated they are.

AND if any company focuses more on how much money you are going to me vs HOW beneficial their product is for the consumer--RUN fast in the other direction!

And most importantly, don't go into ANY home business thinking you are going to get rich or even replace your current job--go into because YOU personally believe in the product and think others would benefit from it, you do THAT, and you have already taken a huge step towards success!

LOVE what you do, and it won't be a job! I am happy with my two at home jobs if anyone needs any insite or advice. I have made a lot of mistakes in my 10 year journey and would love to help you avoid some pitfalls!

5. honestibs

honestibs New Member

I've read on this forum that any work from home that asks you to pay money is a scam. is that true?

what about this website dataentrybusiness .com is this a scam as well?

could you tell me of some legit work from home websites?

6. goldmills

goldmills New Member

I have the reverse opinion, any business that does NOT ask for a deposit or payment is probably a scam and you get what you pay for.

If you don't pay anything... it's probably just a great lead generation system for someone.

But if you pay to get into something, you now are a real customer cause money was exchanged, and you'll have more comittment. Even if it's $1... $1 is more of a committment than no dollars to join a program.

The programs I sell for go for $11,000. So, it's all relative to what your mind can handle.

7. lordganesha

lordganesha New Member

I personally think that this is a good idea. I used to visit scam.com a lot. They had a list of known scammers. But the forum has been quite unstable recently, it went up and offline a lot.

I think this list will definitely help people who wants to get involved in online businesses or opportunities.

8. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Sure, just be careful about posting a "negative" opinion. Such a thing - however helpful and sincere - will be met with severe hostility if anyone here is promoting that specific program.

I know because it happened to me when I cautioned newbies against joining a certain program.

Negativity, even in an altruistic form, isn't exactly welcomed with open arms around here. Folks are more concerned about "that next sale" than watching each other's backs.

Newbie Shield

[​IMG]

9. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Quoting: lordganeshaI personally think that this is a good idea. I used to visit scam.com a lot. They had a list of known scammers. But the forum has been quite unstable recently, it went up and offline a lot.

I think this list will definitely help people who wants to get involved in online businesses or opportunities

I think there was a DDOS attack, which created problems. Many of the companies make unrealistic claims.

10. yahia

yahia Member

What about instead of the "scams" thread we have a "who scammed you" thread? And the posts should include "who" and "how".

This way it will be tightened to personal experience that cannot be attacked by other members who promote that same thing.

It will also allow the "defenders" to clarify if there was a misunderstanding that can be resolved based on their experience.

11. Vishal P. Rao

yahia: What about instead of the "scams" thread we have a "who scammed you" thread? And the posts should include "who" and "how".
    Those who are out telling that they have been scammed, rarely put their personal info in their profile. This makes it very difficult to make out genuine posts from fake ones. And it'll also open doors to many legal aspects as well.

12. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Check out the ripoffreport.com - it can help you identify scams.

13. yahia

yahia Member

Vishal P. Rao: Those who are out telling that they have been scammed, rarely put their personal info in their profile. This makes it very difficult to make out genuine posts from fake ones. And it'll also open doors to many legal aspects as well.

I can't talk about the legal issue, but I feel it also goes to any sort of listing scams without any kind of supporting evidence. That's why I stressed on "who" and "how" (by which I meant a proof).

14. jaesun16

jaesun16 New Member

People who are promoting and selling their sites on forum

Can be considered SCAMS whether its good or not!!

And, those sites saying, "Making rich quick" are SCAMS too!

Happy day~^^[​IMG]

15. Vishal P. Rao

yahia: That's why I stressed on "who" and "how" (by which I meant a proof).
    You are right but that's extremely difficult to implement.

16. pinkyparrot

pinkyparrot New Member

Many people are real quick to label a company or a program a scam.
    I belong to a different forum where the discuss what is a scam and what is not, however many people ( I believe ) just go and look for the red flags. Of course if you look hard enough, then you will find some in any opportunity.
    IMHO you should have to pay something to start up a buisness and then put in your own effort to make it work.
    Just remember that no matter what you are not going to become a millionaire by the morning!

17. yahia

yahia Member