Scheduling!

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by gbusiness3000, Jun 2, 2008.

1. gbusiness3000 New Member

What I, and most other Internet Marketers, out there have experienced is a lack of organization or scheduling. They are overwhelmed by all of these different things they can do to promote and advertise that they jump from one thing to another without ever getting a product.

I know I have felt like this. Have you?

The key is Scheduling and Organization. Pick the promotion techniques that bring in the most inflow and then schedule out when to do each one every day! That works for me and I am less stressed out.

You can share what you do to be successful in this area and we can all learn something.
  2. mountainmom5 Gold Member

I know - that seems to be my biggest challenge as well - scheduling or prioritizing.

With 5 kids, it is a challenge but at least I am not trying to cram in all the laundry, dishes, and housework in a few hours at night, like I would if I had a job....[IMG]

I like to do my online stuff in the morning when all is quiet as I get way more done that way and by 10am I can be a Mom for the rest of the day - lol
  3. gbusiness3000 New Member

That's great! That's exactly what I do...except for the Mom part, so I'm glad you have found something that works.

What are the best forms of advertisements that you use?
  4. mountainmom5 Gold Member

gbusiness3000: What are the best forms of advertisements that you use?

Forums, craigslist,articles... those are my main ones right now but am always on the hunt for more - lol
  5. successful2008 New Member

Sure, I did feel that that when I first started. I started reading al kinds of positive think books, motivational books, anything I could get my hands on. It worked. I set goals before me and I started to fly in my business. When I'm focused, I'm ready to roll in my everyday life. This is from the house work to my business. The laws are wonderful for helping you in these areas.

To your massive success,
    Michelle
  6. BillChechel New Member

mountainmom5: I like to do my online stuff in the morning when all is quiet

I didnt know a house with 5 kids could ever be quiet![IMG]
  7. successful2008 New Member

I like to do business work when I have the sounds of children. When I hear a child laugh, that makes me do more. The children fighting, I can do without. Like now, my daughter has her friend over. I have to take breaks for snacks, fixing a dolls dress or whatever, then I go back to work. I do like it.

To your massive success,
    Michelle
  8. purple New Member

I use a regular day planner to schedule out my day. Its what I used at an office job, and by taking myself seriously I find I get better results. I try to get stuff done early or late in the day when its quieter.
  9. rglar6 New Member

I think scheduling and organizing can easily be overlooked, particularly when starting out, trying to get that first sale. The tendancy is to jump from one marketing technique to another, or following one or more plans because of lack of organization.
  10. jpolito830 New Member

I agree...I think you need to be extremely organized these days if you want your business to thrive. The initial startup and first couple months are crucial, and organization will help tremendously.
  11. johntanyishin New Member

Get a organizer, or it could even be just a piece of paper!

Write down all the tasks that you want to do or will be doing. Make sure you write down ALL of them.

After doing that rank 1-5 at each of them, 1 most important, 5 least important.

I know this will be quite tedious.

Next check your time schedule and find the next available slot to put in the important ones first.

Everyone will have their own problems, if we do not focus, our goals can never be acheived. There will always be a tendancy of "let's leave this to tomorrow."

JTYS
  12. A8ch Gold Member

Developing effective organizational skills is critically important for the online marketer, especially the novice. The overwhelming number of opportunities, systems, blueprints and strategies that exist on the Internet can seem like a maze of confusion to the untrained eye.

Surrounded by so many options, the enthusiastic beginner is like a kid in a candy store - the next choice always looks tastier than the last one. And therein lies the dangerous trap of biting off more than you could chew.

A key element to getting things done and making progress, is to make a plan, and then develop the discipline to stick to it.

Example: Say you decided to use article writing to promote your product. Your plan could include...

1. the number of articles to write
    2. the approximate length of each article
    3. the directories you'll submit them to
    4. how much time to allocate to the project

In the process of researching these articles, you may come across an interesting bit of information that's useful for another project you are developing, and you might be tempted to explore that information.

Don't do that! Instead, make a quick note of it for later, and stay with the original article writing plan.

This is where discipline kicks in, because having a plan is not enough to prevent you from checking out the new information if you really want to. So, you've got to commit to your plan and have the courage to stay on track.

The more successful you become at doing this, the more consistent your progress will be; the stronger your resolve will become to "work the plan" and the results will speak volumes in success.

Hermas
  13. pegarrett New Member

Prioritizing and scheduling are essential elements to any successful undertaking??”whether you are running a home, a classroom, a platoon or a business.

Hermas certainly hit the nail on the head when he talked about the danger of distractions on the internet!

I consider myself a newbie. When I started in April, I didn't even know what html was! I signed up for every free class I could find on website creation then moved ahead to marketing and advertising. I'm still trying to learn everything I can about those last two subjects.

But all the while, I have continuously added to my website, published articles and blogs. I have learned to put the "new stuff" on hold, until I've completed my daily chores??”those tasks that absolutely must get done.

I've used this approach throughout my professional life. I can tell you that without a schedule, you will eventually slip behind to the point where you won't know how to get back on track.

The key question for the newbie online marketer, however, is recognizing what is essential to their business and what is not.

You cannot know, for example, whether spending time on that MySpace site is going to generate leads as you hoped it would when you first developed it.

Or whether those articles you have been plastering all over the web are actually being read.

We've all heard about the importance of split testing, but when should you start doing it? Frankly, I've got so many nets flung, I have no idea if any of them are working for me or not.

But there are certain essentials that apply to any business model whether you are working off- or online. And those tasks must be performed daily, weekly, and quarterly without fail.

There is a reason why all how-to's boil down to scheduling. It is the only way we humans can get things done consistently and keep moving ahead!
  14. Phil Stones New Member

successful2008: I like to do business work when I have the sounds of children. When I hear a child laugh, that makes me do more. The children fighting, I can do without. Like now, my daughter has her friend over. I have to take breaks for snacks, fixing a dolls dress or whatever, then I go back to work. I do like it.

me too - hectic isn't it?