Search Engines!

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by Neo_uk, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Neo_uk

Neo_uk New Member

Hi Everyone!

Just found this forum, Its great got lots of good info !!

I've got a question about search engines, How can I make my site pop up on the search results?

I'm not using any advanced stuff like PHP etc, Its all made with XHTML and CSS!

And I'm using a free host and domain service, It gives me a 3.host.biz address will that effect the search results in anyway?

I made a search for this topic but didnt find anything, If its already been answered please link me to it!

Thanks

Dan!

P.s. I've put my first site online, still working on finishing it fully, But if any has a spare second to take a look, any constructive criticism would be greatly welcome! .. Thanks

2. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

3. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Submit to all search engines and try to get relevant backlinks

4. cherie27

cherie27 New Member

Do have some keywords on your website.
    They will help to improve your website ranking in the search engine.

5. johntanyishin

johntanyishin New Member

You would want to try out submitting your sites to major directories as well.

Heard of Directory Submitter? It's a pretty good tool to submit your site to directories.

JTYS

6. Ask Me

Ask Me New Member

I tried the free submitting directories , but they are not useful

7. trafficman

trafficman Guest

Hi Dan,

To see if google has indexed your website simply go to google.com and type in the search box site:yourwebsite.com This will show which pages of your website have been indexed.

8. robert jean

robert jean New Member

There is a word in search engine world (SEO) thats mean search engine optimization and what does it means? it mean the process that optimize website for search engine find out which search engines you should be concentrating on, how to get listed in those search engines, and possible reasons why you may not be succeeding in getting good listings a meta search engine (also know as multi-threaded engine) is a search tool that sends your query simultaneously to several search engines (SEs), Web directories (WDs) and sometimes to the so-called Invisible (Deep) Web, a collection of online information not indexed by traditional search engines. We will discuss the importance and use of Meta Tags, and other good ways to have the search engines successfully spider, index and list your website.