SEO Learn or Outsource

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by Sazdovski, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Sazdovski

Sazdovski New Member

I have been working as an independent article writer for small business companies and lately, I'm thinking about a little project I want to launch (specifically it's about starting my own Entrepreneurial website/blog). I will continue to work for these few business companies and I also want to dedicate myself to this new project. I was leaning more to a blog because you can give it a personal niche and hopefully build yourself as a brand in the market.
    Now, I know that the competition is huge but I'm not a quitter and I would love to give it a try.
    I don't have much cash to spend on promoting the blog, but I have a few contacts that can help me out.

I want to look for help and sharing tips with people more experienced here. I don't have much knowledge on SEO, and my question is:
    "Is it easier to learn about a SEO and its trick through the Internet and a few books from the local bookshop, or I should just outsource these activities on some experienced internet marketing company?"
    I have a freelancer colleagues, that use cheap SEO services, buy youtube views and buy twitter followers through websites such as: http://trustgigs.com/ and honestly, my colleagues are quite successful especially when presenting and pitching their websites and blogs in front of potential investors or advertising space.

Long story short: Is it easier to learn about SEO from the book, or outsource it through internet marketing experts? What would you chose?

Thank you

payment proof likes this.
  2. Anders J

Anders J Member

If you are new I would sugest to outsource and find the team of SEO people using Elance as an example.

Stay 100% ethical an honest with anything you do. Buy wievs and followers only covers up an not honest soul. Provide quality content and let your personal SEO team work for you. There are many areas to SEO to learn and master. Spend the time on the content.

Keep your blog simple structured with titles, descriptions and keywords/tags. Get the plugin Seopressor to keep your content in SEO friendly state that Google likes.

This is part of my current strategy to brand myself and I can't be a jack of all trades besides having a personal picked SEO team working for you is a great feeling as your brand is growing all the time.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
    payment proof likes this.
  3. KB24

KB24 Active Member

You could outsource your SEO work but I would research the company that you are going to go with. If you are going to do seo yourself you need to do good keyword research and provide good content on your site. Keep in mind doing SEO is really slow so you have to be patient also google changes their algorithm every now and then so you have to deal with that.

4. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

To answer that question in a strictly literal sense, I would say it's easier to outsource SEO to marketing experts than it is to learn from a book or other source, for two main reasons:

1. You save yourself the time it would take to get up to speed.
    2. Your experts can hit the ground running and get results sooner.​

However, going the expert route does not mean that outsourcing is necessarily the better approach, or that it will automatically guarantee superior results.

In your case, as an experienced independent writer, you already have an advantage. You have the ability to express your thoughts and ideas in writing. So, if you are going to start a blog, I imagine you'll be creating the content yourself.

In that case, if you have at least a basic understanding of SEO, it will go a long way towards helping you to craft and format your posts, especially since you "don't have much cash to spend on promoting the blog."

Therefore you should find it relatively easy to implement many of the core SEO elements in your articles and posts, so that you can expand your reach and influence on the internet.

All it takes is a little online research to find out what those elements are. Then you learn the best ways to use them, and get to work implementing them yourself.

Hermas

5. Art

Art Member

Well, my approach is that I always try to learn Everything about the business that I'm in. Many times it takes me a while to understand certain things but I'm treating it as an investment in me... even if I waste some time discovering things on my own.
    If you're going to outsource SEO, be very careful with who you're going to work! Google is changing their algorithms more and more often nowadays and you'll really need an expert, not to do harm to your website, since you can actually get penalized for bad SEO techniques. I'm not sure if real experts are available without a good monthly budget...
    Good luck :)
    Art