Should someone use a seperate computer for Sykes @ home?.

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by workatholmes, Jan 7, 2016.

1. workatholmes

workatholmes New Member

Hi all,
    Not sure if anyone here has worked for Sykes but I am curious if a seperate computer should be used to work in a call center job like this?. Thanks.

2. drknlvly6781

drknlvly6781 Active Member

I have never worked for this specific company (I think they have state restrictions if I'm not mistaken), but in the 5 years I've worked from home for different call centers I've never necessarily needed a separate computer to work. Most of these places have a Virtual Desktop that you pull up through a program called Citrix. This means that the majority of the software you will be using is on their systems that you access through that desktop, not on your own.

There are a few places that use so many programs that I have opted to get a 2nd monitor, just to have the visual workspace, but I really think its just a personal preference if you want to get an entire computer dedicated for work.

3. Cesar Villas

Cesar Villas New Member

USing seperate computer is a great idea to seperate business from personal activities, however some personal things example in social media contributes in many ways to increase your market

4. drknlvly6781

drknlvly6781 Active Member

While I understand your sentiment, what you are talking about can be achieved by simply creating two separate profiles on the same computer, one for work and one for personal use. Some companies actually require this.