sick of getting scammed

Discussion in 'Work at Home Moms' started by tessa741, Oct 10, 2009.

1. tessa741

tessa741 New Member

Is there anyone out there that is sincere. I am sick of trying to tell the made up stories from the real ones. I know everyone is hurting to make a dollar but come on people. I hope that all the people scamming others get what is coming to them. All the scammers need to be put in the public eye. I am tired of the people who guarantee that if you buy a product and are not satisfied you get your money back, but when you try to contact them for a return,you get no response. Not cool.

2. elle14

elle14 New Member

That's why you need to be careful next time. Entering in that situation needs investigation. Better seek and ask about their company. Like asking a permission to your co members here in forums. And definitely,they going to help you. If you find that their service is clean through investigation. You can try it. Don't worry don't loose hope... That's life and life goes on.. [​IMG]

3. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, it happens, the important part is to not let it deter you from you home business success desires.

There are many successful home business people and legitimate opportunities to get involved with. Just don't look for instant gratification. If it was a simple as jump in and in 30 days one makes a boat load of money with a system then we would all be doing it.

As with any business, some will make money promptly and others it may take a little longer, but typically consistent proper marketing will pay off.

4. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

That's what the forum is for here...so that you can ask for advice and get some input on programs, etc... but there is no guarantee that ANYTHING will work for you.[​IMG]

What happens many, many times is that people buy something that they think is like a silver bullet to make them money, when all it is, is a TOOL to HELP them make money.

The internet and our imagination are the main ingredients in Internet Marketing - the rest is simply tools and guidance to help make it happen.[​IMG]

5. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Tessa,

Best thing to do is to learn the fundamentals for free.

Keep reading from this forum and from online marketing blogs for a few months.

Let people know what you are looking for in detail and see what programs they recommend.

~Newbie Shield~

6. Jean LA

Jean LA New Member

tessa741: Is there anyone out there that is sincere. I am sick of trying to tell the made up stories from the real ones. I know everyone is hurting to make a dollar but come on people. I hope that all the people scamming others get what is coming to them. All the scammers need to be put in the public eye. I am tired of the people who guarantee that if you buy a product and are not satisfied you get your money back, but when you try to contact them for a return,you get no response. Not cool.
    You should be careful about products and people doing this. The best network you should do business is Clickbank, if you don't like the product, you can always have a refund.

7. garygoh

garygoh New Member

Jean LA: The best network you should do business is Clickbank
    Can't agree more on this. Sometimes they did even refund you after the minimum 60 days money back guarantee period.

I have a sale which was refunded by the clickbank to the purchaser even after 60 days!

8. ongtina

ongtina New Member

Before jumping in, always see what others say in forum and do scam search on it.

9. antoine3000

antoine3000 New Member

yeah me too iam sick of getting scammed by those dirty scammers who take profite of your naivety and your thirst of winning a residual income from home to sell you hundreds-dollars-garebage-systems to make money.
    I know for sure that internet is an eldorado for working-at-home entrepreneurs but Iam really looking for programms which work.

please share what you know with me.

10. Lauram

Lauram New Member

I am new to this business and yes, there are MANY get rich schemes out there....but, do your homework! Read these forums, they are full of very helpful people with experience. I wished I had found them b/f I signed up with a system...but, I did luck out, so far, and found a system with a good reputation and didn't cost an arm and a leg!!
    Stick with your dream, if it is, in fact, to have a home business, it will take some hard work to start with, but, will be worth while in the end!

11. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

I got scammed a few time too in the beginning. Then I found this forum and just started reading. The people here are wonderful and helpful. There is a search tool here, you can search about anything here. I found affilliate marketing to be the way for me.

12. jlbear21

jlbear21 New Member

I've been scammed many times as well because when I started searching, I was very young an naive. The important thing is to RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH.

I found my company over a year ago and spent tons of time researching and asking questions and now I'm with them and really enjoy what I do.

13. ModernMother

ModernMother New Member

After being scammed once I always do the following:

1. Check out the product/company on the BBB website

2. Search for reviews on the internet- specifically look for negative reviews as good ones may be written by someone who would benefit from selling the product. If there are a lot of negative reviews, pass on the opportunity.

3. Try to contact the company. E-mail them or call them and make sure you can actually talk to a real person.

I think that there are more scams out there then legitimate opportunites, but you can't let that scare you. Just keep trying to find an opportunity that works for you because when you do, it will be worth it.

14. jlbear21

jlbear21 New Member

ModernMother: After being scammed once I always do the following:

1. Check out the product/company on the BBB website

2. Search for reviews on the internet- specifically look for negative reviews as good ones may be written by someone who would benefit from selling the product. If there are a lot of negative reviews, pass on the opportunity.

3. Try to contact the company. E-mail them or call them and make sure you can actually talk to a real person.

I think that there are more scams out there then legitimate opportunites, but you can't let that scare you. Just keep trying to find an opportunity that works for you because when you do, it will be worth it.
    I agree with you to a certain extent. I don't believe in word-of-mouth testimonials because like you said, it could be the person just trying to sell you rather than being honest. What I don't believe in is looking the company up with the BBB. Companies pay for their membership and all they really do is act as a middle man for complaints (which anyone can file) and give the company a rating for it. That's really the only thing they're good for.

What I did when I was searching for a company, was look at the products and the prices, the resources I would have available to me, and what my income potential would be. My company has the compensation plan I was looking for, affordable prices, "products" that people need, and there's always someone to help out if you've got questions or concerns. As with many, what really sold me was the partnerships we have with places like Target, Walmart, JcPenny, Pizza Hut, Discount Tire, Office Depot, 1800Flowers, Dell, and so many other places. No company would be partnered with those companies if there was any chance at it being a scam.

15. LORINELIZABETH

LORINELIZABETH New Member

tessa741
    Hi Tessa. Your right. It is crazy. Remove yourself from those people. There are some great business opportunities. For me, I took about 6 months to research forums, research blogs, research BBB... etc. And then, once I picked the right business opportunity for me. I researched joining the best team... someone that would invest in me. EVERYTHING IS NEGOTIABLE. People got offended that I wouldnt just join the opportunity, but I was like, "if I join, what can you do for me?" [​IMG] Finally, someone was willing to invest in me and I knew that was the best person to join under!

It is like getting married. It is pretty important to make the right choice and stick by it... if you get swayed from one opportunity to the next, to the next you will LOSE.

16. MatoryIncorp

MatoryIncorp New Member

The only thing I can say is: Do research research research.

I've been scammed a number of times on products, but the thing I've learned is to research the product until you're dead sure. Forums, like this one, are great places to learn about different scams and how to avoid them.

My apologizes on being scammed.[​IMG]

17. tabhut

tabhut New Member

tessa741
    I am a fulltime stay-at-home/work from home mom of 4. And yes, unless you do your homework, educate yourselfs you will be scammed. There are so many opportunities out there that really the odds of finding a ligit company are 0.007%. Doesn't say much for online marketing does it. So, if you have any questions at all contact me - I've seen them all, get skyped at least 20 new "join this, make money here" opportunities a day - I just laugh anymore and of course have it out with a few who think their professed programs are it, yet when in fact it is a scam! Im a no hype mom, tired of the crap and will tell anyone exactly what I think when it comes to this garbage, because maybe, just maybe if enough of us call them out it will stop and people looking for what I was looking for can find it more easily and live the dream of working from home. Would love to connect with anyone here! skype:tabitha.hutton or email me.

18. sarauk

sarauk New Member

There is money to be made online, nowadays we do most things online, book a holiday we look online for reviews. Buying a car, equipment etc we basically do everything online and as long there is money to be made you will get scammer ready to take your hard earned cash.

Do not let it get to you instead take it as a price for your learning.

19. berna

berna Guest

Yes, I agree with all of the above, but I joined a Free opportunity and it is blowing up. They have signed up over 135,000 free associates in about 90 days, why, because it's free and you have nothing to lose. They make money from the advertisers who can visualize where this company is going (like google, yahoo).

They are continually adding great affordable products for us to market. They are in the negotiating stages with some vendors, but have a great free program to make a significant amount of money. If you're looking for something free, this may be the one for you. Great leadership with great ethical qualities.

20. jenni2010

jenni2010 New Member

Yeah unfortunetly a lot of people want to make their success by scamming others, which i personally dont understand how they get gratification from ripping people off! But i came across a website that actually teaches you how to make money online. It offers a whole bunch of tools and tutorials to get you going. All the members there are very friendly and helpful too. The only downside is there is a monthly membership fee and its not exactly cheap, $97 to be exact. To me, its well worth every penny! Anyway, check it out and you can make your own decision about it[​IMG]