sick of getting scammed

Discussion in 'Work at Home Moms' started by tessa741, Oct 10, 2009.

1. j11_cook

j11_cook New Member

I to have been scammed more than a few times over the last 10 years. However, I do know that everything is not a scam and that there is money to be made online at home.

My Suggestion to you: Find a program that offers you a Step By Step guide to what you need to do to make money. Don't just find something that will not give you the tools you need to succeed. Once you do that, work you behind off and you will see results. If you are not passionate about what you are promoting and put the work into it, then it will fail. Often, people do that and then they scream, "It is a SCAM. I didn't make any money." How can anyone make any money at anything, if they don't do the work?[​IMG]

2. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

They should give you a refund but just because they are not replying back to you, does not mean that they are a scam. Maybe they are just not getting your emails.

Tal

3. bells401

bells401 Member

There is no single quality that is more important to success. You simply must grasp and understand that marketing anything online is a long-term project. If you cannot accept that, then abandon Internet Marketing altogether and do it today, because it will save you a lot of grief.

I don't care what you've been told. I don't care what you believe. The truth is still the TRUTH.

Sadly, most people will not stick with an online marketing program for more than 60-90 days before giving up and trying something else. Repeated over and over again, this behavior pattern is a guaranteed recipe for eternal failure.

4. happymommy

happymommy New Member

It's sad that there are people out there willing to scam people for money themselves. I can't imagine people hurting others for their own gain! I just hope that karma comes into effect for these peeps!
    I have always wanted to stay at home and found TONS of scams out there! I started my own home business now though and am providing job opportunities for people all over the globe, so I'm lucky I don't have to deal with those scams anymore[​IMG]

5. ModernMother

ModernMother New Member

It is so hard to know what is a scam and what isn't. Usually you don't know until after you buy. The first thing you should do is check out the business on the BBB website. If they are listed there you have your answer. Decent rating means go ahead give it a shot. An F means don't even try it. However, a lot of these new opportunites are not even listed on the BBB website. I have learned that you can not trust most reviews (articles), and you even have to watch out on forums and blogs. This is sad, because there are a lot of legitimate opportunities- there just happens to be a lot more scams.

6. Janell miashops

Janell miashops New Member

If something is a scam you should post on ripoffreports.com a great place to check out if others have been victims of a scam as well![​IMG]

7. liveloran

liveloran New Member

tessa741
    me too I got scammed a couple of times. I am not rich and spending even 24.95 will cost me and my family poverty already. So good thing I found this site. Guys I need you to recommend some good, not-scam, legit and real paying work at home site to join where I will pay nothing but my service. I am also sick and tired of those sites. It gets me really disappointed, frustrated and depressed. You are not alone tessa, but we can still make a difference and change everything. Cheer up!

8. Maria B

Maria B New Member

tessa741
    Hi, tessa

I feel the same way you do I have tried many work at home opportunities such as paid to read emails, paid surveys, mechanical turks, clickbank and also affiliate programs. I have spent so much money and time and none of these have worked for me.

I have little computer experience therefore receiving mounts of information on how to make a business work and not having assistance is a minus for me.

I have found a new opportunity that will allow me to become an Independant Business Owner, not a job. I will be able to own my own business and allow it to be fully vested, willable and sellable.

Please join me on my journey to see if its a success.

9. Selling7116

Selling7116 New Member

j11_cook

I have gotten scammed so many time it is ridiculous. I kept telling my self that If I every get a chance to sell I would sell a good product. I said. Some people are successful at scamming others. When a person scams me I just say they want a quick buck. The are not looking to stay in business a long time and build creditable business.

10. CashcrateTips

CashcrateTips New Member

Scams are definitely out there. What you really must do to avoid them is that you need to do your research as other users have stated. Do not be too quick to trust someone or their product or what they are offering. Know your background before trying something always.

11. frosties1

frosties1 New Member

There are scams out there - I've paid my own share of $49.95 in an attempt to make money. The one thing I have learnt is research the hell out of it. One of my startegies is to type 'business venture name scam' ( where business venture is whatever the name of the business you are looking into). And look through the first few pages of google search, it might not be on the first page.
    One thing that I would like to point out is that there are REAL opportunities out there. Sometimes people call them scams because they have not worked at it. Any work requires lots of input. Be prepared to do that.
    Pm me if you have any questions.

12. JanHickling

JanHickling New Member

Oh... does this strike a cord. I avoid any offer that sounds too good to be true or tells me I MUST join now (time share sales approach)

There are a lot of good services and training sites. I find if they have a good quality product they offer a Free trial. Even if some of them are good they might not be useful to you. I have found some of them to be too difficult or too easy. A Free trail gives you the chance to check them out yourself.

My moto is easy, effective and affordable and everything I use falls into this realm.

Don't let the few bums out their spoil your efforts. I have found many blocks as I market online. It is easy to become discouraged and quit. Stick it out - Making money online is too easy and too much fun.

Jan

13. Jose Roman

Jose Roman New Member

My 2 cents.... due diligence is a must for anything. I think a lot of folks are looking for a quick profit or paycheck. I am not too familiar with the work at home aspect of all of this but at the end of the day, I know whatever you do takes focus, and determination. I ran into what I do now years back, I didn't join until I connected with an old buddy of mine, turns out he was into this whole internet marketing, home based business industry. I was surprised he was with the people I initially thought were scammers. First question I asked was "is this for real?" He said yes, and I still scrutinized it until my eyes turned red from staring at my screen. I kind of had this perception that any program that asks for money before you start is up to no good. This one actually uses it as a filter for who is serious and who isn't. So I guess I was wrong this time. anyway, you've come to the right place, plenty of knowledgeable people, from both the work at home and home based business side of things. Good luck!

14. selfpaid

selfpaid New Member

I would definitely join the band wagon and say research everything.

Also you can check with your credit card, bank or paypal to see what you can do in terms of a refund. Point out that they guaranteed your money back and they are not answering you. My bank did for for me. I just had to file a claim within 60 days of the purchase.

15. RICH4NURICHE

RICH4NURICHE New Member

We live in a quick self gratification society! Yes, too many out there do not do enough research and/or have the proper mindset for success. We need to take the time to educate our prospects to make an informed decision. It pays off with patience.

16. number1priority

number1priority New Member

Research as much as you can. If they are asking for a lot of money just to train you and then you still have to buy more from them, those don't always work out. Also check forums like this one and look for reviews from others who've tried it!

I make great money with LaBella and have never been scammed. You pay them only $20.00 a month for the consultant fee and they take care of everything. They give you your website, you never have to buy anything else from them and you get paid twice a month. I have never had an issue in more than 8 months.

Good luck to everyone.

17. Incomegenerator

Incomegenerator New Member

You definately need to do you due dilligence when dealing with any company. Thats why its so important to look up reviews on the BBB website, they even have an online BBB as well for internet businesses. I think we have all been down that road, been there done that. There are a lot of people/businesses looking to scam consumers. Anyway, good luck with whatever your endeavers are [​IMG]

18. Oldweiser2

Oldweiser2 New Member

tessa741
    I could not agree more with most everything I read here!

Definitely do your homework first, I found in my experience that if it sounds too good to be true IT IS! I know that sounds "cliche"....but they are words to live by.

Seems anymore you can't even put an ad on Craigslist for local work and leave your email out of it, they now even read those ads to get your phone number and start texting and calling.

Point is, some people are just ruthless; and now I take great pleasure in exposing them publicly when I run across them. [​IMG]

As others have mentioned, Clickbank and affiliate marketing are a great combination to create a work from home business. Then when you run across one of these "pathetic scammers," you can use your site as a way to help others be on their guard.

19. simonfunhouse

simonfunhouse New Member

tessa741

Thank you for your post.
    To advoid getting burnt, do your homework first.
    Investigate the company and e mail people.
    Go on forums and ask people.

I hope this helps

Simon