Silpada?

Discussion in 'Work at Home Moms' started by WesKate, Aug 29, 2007.

1. abuckigal

abuckigal New Member

chalkl8chip: So far I have 3 people that are interested in having a party. I live in a pretty big developlement and was wondering if it is beneficial to send out a mailer to everyone informing them I am a local neighbor starting out in this business and briefly telling them about the line and how to earn jewelry and have home parties, etc. Something catchy. Do you think this is a good idea? I also am going to reach out to the Chamber of Commerce. I live near alot of coffee shops, hair salons, banks, grocery stores so was thinking of also posting flyers. Does this seem to work to get peoples attention?Also one concern I do have is if I find people in the area that are interested in becoming reps, should this be a concern? I mean with too many reps in the area, does this impact my future? I probably getting ahead of myself here but just something I was thinking about. I would love to talk to you one on one if you don't mind. Your posts on this thread have been extremely informative and truthful, which is needed!
    Get those 3 people to select a firm date and time for their party that will correspond with the month that you actually plan to sign up. You will receive your sign up kit and discount jewelry within just a few days after you submit your contract.

Sending flyers to your neighborhood is worth a try and posting flyers at local businesses is also a way to get your name out there but to be honest, you won't get much response from this. Think of all the times someone has left you a flyer about some service they sell.....did you respond to it? My guess is never. (just being honest here).

Joining the Chamber of Commerce is a good idea. You will meet other small business owners that you can network with. You could even trade parties with another direct sales rep which would allow you to meet a whole new group of customers and potential hostesses. You will also hear about vendor/craft show events and also upcoming fundraisers that you might want to participate in by being a member of the Chamber of Commerce.

You should encourage people to sign up with Silpada. If they sign up under you, it will greatly increase your income as long as you are working your business at the same time they are. Don't worry about there being too many reps in one area. I live in southern Ohio and there are a lot of Silpada Reps around here but never once did that have an impact on my business. In fact, I still meet people almost every day who comment on my jewelry and when I tell them it's Silpada, they say they never heard of it. There is a whole world of people out there who still need to be introduced to this fabulous jewelry so you have lots of opportunities to pursue.

I have sent a message to your inbox on this site with my contact information in it so that we can communicate one on one if you desire.

Keep Shining! [​IMG]
  2. mytreasures

mytreasures New Member

Hi,
    Recently, I celebrated my one-year anniversary and I LOVE my Silpada business. As life happens, there have been a few 'minor' obstacles that prevented me from ramping up my business. I'm not discouraged, though, as I am a firm believer that the results I get are directly related to my efforts....having said that, can anyone share with me the longest period of time between shows before "getting back on the horse" so to speak. I love keeping an upbeat positive fibe going, but I also need to accept the reality that I haven't done a show since the end of February and would love hearing a successful, validating experience from other Silpada sisters. (Hope this made sense.) Thanks for your input!!
  3. abuckigal

abuckigal New Member

mytreasures: Recently, I celebrated my one-year anniversary and I LOVE my Silpada business. As life happens, there have been a few 'minor' obstacles that prevented me from ramping up my business. I'm not discouraged, though, as I am a firm believer that the results I get are directly related to my efforts....having said that, can anyone share with me the longest period of time between shows before "getting back on the horse" so to speak. I love keeping an upbeat positive fibe going, but I also need to accept the reality that I haven't done a show since the end of February and would love hearing a successful, validating experience from other Silpada sisters. (Hope this made sense.) Thanks for your input!!

I had knee replacement surgery last year and due to the pain I was having before the surgery and then the long recovery period, I did not do a show for 6 months. Another gal on our team went for over a year without doing a show. The key to getting back in the swing is to solicit parties just like you did when you were signing up. Ask your friends and family members. Make phone calls to the people who ordered from you at past parties and just be honest with your explanation. You could say something like

"I met you at Susie Jones party last year and I'm sorry that I have been out of touch with my customers. Life just got in the way and I had to put my business on the back burner for awhile. Things have settled down now and I'm anxious to pick up where I left off. Are you still wearing that necklace and earrings that you ordered? We have so many new and exciting pieces that you probably have not seen. Our hostess rewards are just awesome so I wanted to ask if you'd be willing to open your home for a girls night out".

Then just take it from there depending on how she answers your question. Good luck, you can do it! [​IMG]
  4. lauradvs

lauradvs New Member

abuckigal
    Thank-you so much for all of your helpful advice and suggestions. I am a fairly new Silpada rep and stumbled across this quite by accident. The birthday party idea is wonderful and I plan to use it soon.
    I also have a question. I am donating a gift certificate to a silent auction/ fundraiser. Besides a catalog and business card do you have any other recommendations as to what I should include with it? Thanks so much for all of your help.
  5. mytreasures

mytreasures New Member

Billie!!! Thank you [​IMG] You are indeed such a jewel and I'm grateful you are available to respond (and so quickly). You've taught me so much from your very insightful responses to my questions and those from others. I remember in one of your former posts, that you (at the time) didn't have the desire to recruit, yet you have soooo much leadership to offer. Have you reconsidered? You are so knowledgeable and forthcoming with that knowledge! Thank you, again!

Kind regards,
    mytreasures

Also, would you mind if I e-mail sometime with specific questions?
  6. abuckigal

abuckigal New Member

mytreasures: I remember in one of your former posts, that you (at the time) didn't have the desire to recruit, yet you have soooo much leadership to offer. Have you reconsidered?
    Thank you for your kind words mytreasures but no, I have not reconsidered promoting to a leader. I do have a few girls under me and I help them out whenever they need it but they are very independent and seem to do quite well without any coaching. I think they like the fact that I don't nag them about sales (which would increase my income). I just enjoy being my own boss and earning the commissions on the jewelry I sell.

I spend a lot of time on my computer each day and that's why I frequent this board so often and am able to offer quick replies. I enjoy doing that and I'm glad I have been able to help some of you. [​IMG]
  7. abuckigal

abuckigal New Member

lauradvs: I am donating a gift certificate to a silent auction/ fundraiser. Besides a catalog and business card do you have any other recommendations as to what I should include with it?
    If it's a silent auction/fundraiser and you won't be there, my only suggestion is that the hostess of the fundraiser give you the name and contact information of the winner of this auction so that you can contact her by phone and congratulate her on winning the gift certificate. You can then go on to explain the fabulous benefits of hosting a party. You just might get lucky and get a party booking from it. [​IMG] You also need to understand that MOST charitable donations such as this do not lead to future sales or parties. It's just a fact of life, sorry to say but it is a tax write off!
  8. mytreasures

mytreasures New Member

Good afternoon,
    Quick question for my Silpada Sisters out there, who have had experience with a similar situation or who have any words of wisdom...I have been given an opportunity to have a table at a venue in a couple weeks, and when I first heard about it, I was elated, for many reasons...location, exposure, opportunity to sell off table, book parties, share the business opportunity, etc. Oh and did I mention the table would be .... free? Well, I was thinking...this is too good to be true. This morning I received my first correspondence from the organizer who is coordinating the event, (we had not been in touch prior to this), as this opportunity was handed down through a team of gals and it landed with me. She informed me that I can have my sign up sheet for parties, and other Silpada information, but I'm not permitted to sell off table nor have a display?! The not having a display part is where I'm concerned. It's a big investment of time and while I'm grateful for the free opportunity, I'm trying to think of what would draw people over to my table so that I could share all the wonderful things about Silpada without my Silpada jewelry to attract them. Seeing, touching and trying on is one of the wonderful and amazing "draw-to-me" aspects. And, I don't own a banner with Silpada on it. It would be me (I of course would wear my jewelry), business opportunity packets, catalogs, free drawing sign up sheet. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Anyone ever do an event without having any jewelry to display?

Kind regards,
    mytreasures
  9. I think that Silpada has such lovely jewelry pieces. I can't imagine how it could be anything but a big success for someone that entered into this program. The jewelry looks like it sells itself. It's great to be a part of something that seems so well placed to succeed.