1. homebusinessman

homebusinessman New Member

I am a member. There is a lot of nice stuff and the merchandise changes a lot. It is a good program, but the trouble is that there are many thousands of people doing this. There is so much competition that everything you do is watered down right out the gate. I just it to sell a few things on eBay once in a while to go with my theme, but I don't rely on it for anything. Prices on the items have also recently gone up. Training that used to be free is now being charged for. What's the use? It might still be worth a try. I like the stuff.
  2. Shelly Davoli

Shelly Davoli New Member

I have been with SMC for quite a while now. My husband and I use it for garage sales, flea markets, and online sales. I find that I can sell more using ecommerce sites other than eBay where you will indeed see the same item listed many times.

I cannot speak of the websites they offer as I never purchased one from them, I have prefered to make my own website or use a free website included from a different ecommerce website.

I cannot say I make tons of money but I can say that we are making money.

I have had a couple of customers receive damaged items and SMC replaced them free of charge for me each time.

I think that you need to know some marketing techniques before selling anything at all online. Just making a website does not guarantee sales ~ you need to know how to drive traffic to your website.

Just my 2 cents [​IMG]
  3. bamasquest

bamasquest New Member

I hear all of you saying you lost money, but I just filled out a form to send me my "free start-up kit". Am I going to end up getting billed for this? I didn't give them any credit card information or billing information. But the ad did say it was a free "start-up kit". And the money they said I could make was unbelievable!
  4. Shelly Davoli

Shelly Davoli New Member

Shelly Davoli
    Just to update this thread, SMC has changed its name to Smart Living Company. Their home page has been updated to a modern and inviting style. No more Tom Bosley [​IMG]

As a member with them for many years, this change is very welcome. They are slowly making changes and updating their policies. So far, I like what they have done. I am looking forward to more improvements.