Social Bookmarking - Major Key to SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by wealthbuilders, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Never forget to use Jumptags.com.

Links from Jumptags.com always show up in Google Webmaster Tools. [​IMG]
  2. OnlineHelper

OnlineHelper New Member

Thanks for the tips. I currently use squidoo and like that. After reading all of the replies I am going to check out SocialMarker.com
  3. syxx

syxx New Member

Cool thanks for the tip on that socialmarker.com site! I haven't done much with social bookmarking, we do use facebook/twitter, facebook is really successful for us and we have about 5 new likes a day, and are putting fresh quality content out on almost a daily basis! With sites such as reddit do your articles just get picked up and people will see them and like them, and then the more 'liked' popular ones appear more and more ? I don't need to have people that 'follow' me for them to pick up my story with services such as twitter, facebook, etc... ?
  4. ScottCofer

ScottCofer Member

I've been using a bookmark exchange site called socialadr. It's free to join and allows you to not only bookmark your own content but also earn "sharing" credits for sharing other people's content as well. Very happy with it ...
  5. JohnRobertson

JohnRobertson New Member

Like some others above, i also make heavy use of Social Bookmarking, and have trialed several of the free submission services - Onlywire, PingFM, Imautomater, and SocialAdr... so far Onlywire is my favorite, just not keen on the submitter tool you need to make full use of it.

A lot of Social Bookmarking sites only provide nofollow links, and the odds of getting traffic from most of these sites is slim from just the submission alone, so you'll have to watch your site traffic to see how much you actually get form any of these sites.

If you want to boost chances of traffic, you need to be an active participant on the network, similar to how you promote over social media.
  6. ThisIsOli

ThisIsOli New Member

Just thought I should interject here, nearly every social bookmarking site on the Internet uses the No-Follow tag, this makes them useless for backlinks. They are for traffic ONLY. Social bookmarking is an internet marketing technique, NOT an SEO technique.

The only time Social Media has any impact on SEO is with Facebook and Twitter. Bing and Google use this differently, however both of them use raw data from Facebook and Twitter to see how much 'internet buzz' a site is generating.
  7. jamess

jamess Member

Social Bookmarking is better technique to index fast you website and also increasing in PR..
  8. Agnes Galinato

Agnes Galinato New Member

Basically if you use these social bookmarking site and not have followers or friends, it won't help you?
  9. jessicarobin

jessicarobin New Member

Social bookmarking is a method for web users to store, organize, search, and manage bookmarks of web pages on the Internet with the help of tags or keywords on sites .This helps you in accessing bookmarks from any computer with online access. These bookmarks can either be public or private. If public, your favorite bookmarks visible for others to view and follow as well, hence the social networking aspect. Social bookmarking has become a great tool in building web presence and promoting a business on the Internet. In addition, if you place your links wisely and know which social bookmarking sites offer do follow links, this strategy will also help your search engine optimization (SEO) efforts.
  10. shuvo

shuvo Member

I am not sure whether social bookmarking work these days specially after all those algorithmic updates by Google.But according to some more famous SEOers social bookmarking still can be done just to maintain your ranking.
  11. Art

Art Member

With the latest Google updates some of the services like PingFarm and others might actually hurt you more than help... Google is looking for 'natural' traffic or at least traffic that looks natural. I personally use a tool named 'Url Shotgun' - it creates a variety of links that you just need to submit to different Social Media Bookmarking sites and you can easily end up on the page 1 of Google in many different niches.
    Good luck!
    Art