Social Bookmarking

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by cocofine, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Maurice

Maurice Guest

Social bookmarking is just like bookmarking in your web browser, except everyone can see your bookmarks.

It is a great way to get your web pages indexed by Google.

2. pplrulz

pplrulz New Member

Thanks to everyone for sharing... I've always used paid advertising for my site, but have wanted to learn more SEO stuff. I've used onlywire and have had great results. Thanks for all the tips and advice

3. trevorheck

trevorheck New Member

Social bookmarking is one way to drive traffic and build backlinks to your site. You can use social bookmarking tools like onlywire and socialmarker to semi-automate your bookmarking.

4. elle14

elle14 New Member

Social bookmarking is an efficient way to maintain continuous website traffic. Handling social bookmaring submission is not easy at all. It needs time and effort. Youy should participate and not just promoting your site at all.

5. Jean LA

Jean LA New Member

Bookmarking can give backlinks to your site as well as giving traffic from the social bookmarking site's members.

6. AbleIT

AbleIT New Member

Now a day's Social Media Branding become a very useful & great tool for the building of brand. Social Media branding help you get high quality traffic from social media websites. It's provides the opportunity to reach your target audience in a more effective and creative manner than ever before. It is very helpful for new product or existing brand to have an platform to communicate with the target audience and explain its side of benefits.

7. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Bookmarking basically means that when someone comes to your site, they can bookmark or save your site on their browser for later consideration.

Hope this helps.

Tal

8. ayako01

ayako01 New Member

Social bookmarking is a method for Internet users to share, organize, search, and manage bookmarks of web resources. Unlike file sharing, the resources themselves aren't shared, merely bookmarks that reference them while Blogging is common for blogs to feature advertisements either to financially benefit the blogger or to promote the blogger's favorite causes.But both of them are effective to drive website traffic.

9. BrytonTaylor

BrytonTaylor New Member

social bookmarking is best SEO technique to get more traffic..

10. onlinelupe

onlinelupe New Member

Hi! I'm new here. I am just learning how to do SEO, so i am so glad to have stumbled upon this forum.
    I use IMAutomator. It's free. I will try Social Marker and Onlywire. I tried to register for a Digg account and it said they weren't taking any new registrations. I thought that was odd. Maybe I was registering on the wrong site?

11. kingseye

kingseye New Member

HI

I too agree with Samueldarwin, Register in Bookmark site and submit your site info in bookmarking site. This will certainly brings a traffic that vary in google eye.
    stumble upon, yahoo buzz, Friendfeed, digg, delicious.com, amplify.com, twitter, Face book are best social sites.

12. fixaprob

fixaprob New Member

Social bookmarking is a good option but you should have to very care fully and not to become spammer.There are some tips
    1.Always try to bookmark good stuff.
    2.Try to bookmarks several times a day
    3.whenever you find new stuff try to share with other
    4.Be a multi interested and don't focus on one topic
    5.you should give comments on others bookmark.

13. Ron S

Ron S New Member

Social bookmarking sites, like Delicious, StumbleUpon, Digg, Diigo, Newsvine, Propeller and Technorati, are essentially websites that allow users to save bookmark of their favorite web resources online, and to share, organize, search, and manage bookmarks . Submit your site to as many social bookmarking sites as possible. Encourage your visitors to bookmark your website on the social bookmarking site. Encourage them to recommend your website on the social bookmarking site.

14. syxx

syxx New Member

I believe most social bookmarking sites are 'nofollow' links, hence you do not get any 'pr' boost from links posted on them. They are a good way to generate short term traffic, however, and people may on their own decide to link to your content if it is quality stuff. So yes it helps in that way. I use reddit and digg often, as well as twitter and facebook to network with customers.

15. Rach72

Rach72 New Member

"I believe most social bookmarking sites are 'nofollow' links, hence you do not get any 'pr' boost from links posted on them."

People miss the point of social bookmarking.

The whole point of 'social' bookmarking sites is to get 'social'.

These are places for like minded people to get together and exchange idea's, stories etc. Used properly they are a really effective way of making connections, building relationships and generating sales. Very similar to marketing in 'the real world'.

I found that this was really successful way to market some niches, but not so good for others.

The majority of marketers don't understand this and literally spam these sites using them purely as link farms. These marketers are also the first to complain when their account gets suspended.

16. ThePhoenix

ThePhoenix New Member

I don't believe that social bookmarking is as effective as most people make it out to be. I don't use it and I'm fine, but maybe I could be better if I did use it.

17. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

I have most of them in my toolbar. I can right click also and I have bookmarking options there as well, not sure how that happened, but I am sure it is one of my many successful accidents.

18. newbiz02

newbiz02 New Member

Social bookmarking is key. But im talking about when done right.
    If you use software make sure to spin everything very well and submit to up to 50 bookmarking sites.

Quality spinning takes time, but when done right you wont regret it.
    After that get a good ping list of about 200 - 250 and ping those bookmark profiles.

The results can put a smile on your face. I can get a brand new site indexed and recieving traffic within 30 mins.

19. simpleflair

simpleflair New Member

I just started using social bookmarking on digg, delicious and stumbleupon. Can someone explain if an article I submitted need to be voted by another member to be spidered by search engines? How often can I bookmark the same article on the sites?

Thanks!

20. katereber

katereber New Member

Social bookmarking is the best tool to keep your bookmarks organized.

We can not just save our favorite websites and send them to our friends, we can also look at other people have found interesting enough to tag. Most social bookmarking sites allow us to browse through the items based on most popular, recently added, or belonging to a certain category like shopping, technology, politics, blogging, news, sports, etc.