something is so helpful, but i dont know if it is allowed !

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by kadi07, Nov 13, 2008.

1. kadi07

kadi07 New Member

hi everyone,
    this is my first website, i hope it will make a little success, just to motivate me to carry on with internet marketing,
    i discovered that the products i promote need some information about them to attract people, so i used the same merchant information, BUT i dont know whether that is allowed!!!
    This is an example of what i have done:
    Can I use the merchants words directly from their site, or do i need to modify to as not to violate copyright?
    as i am in my first steps in internet marketing, i would appreciate so much your advice and your arguments about my first website, and thank you in advance my friends.

[Post edited - Admin]
  2. HomeBizMama

HomeBizMama New Member

Wow... you did a pretty good job using Site Rubix. I started with Site Rubix and created 3 websites however, mine did not look as professional as yours.

Regarding copyright issues... I believe you can use the merchants words directly from their site because you are promoting their products. Hence... I've done the same on my website too.

(admin... I'm not spamming just trying to give an example)

I think what they mean by stealing other people's work is if I took your contents and put it on mine because we are both trying to promote the same products.

Again, I'm also new to affiliate marketing and I could be wrong. Anyway, I just wanted to say GREAT JOB on your first website. You probably want to put more info on the products and about your website as to why should I buy through you.

[Post edited - Admin]
  3. kadi07

kadi07 New Member

think you soooo much my freind! [​IMG] you really made me feel so much better and so optemistic too [​IMG] i will carry on with what i am doing , and good luck for you and me and evrybody !
  4. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I agree that is a nice site! I never tried to use siterubix - guess I'll have to go take a look see.[​IMG]
  5. cupbucket

cupbucket New Member

Just change the wording a little to be safe
  6. kadi07

kadi07 New Member

di i really have to change the wording! i wonder if google will accept my website on this way , or i have to change slightly the merchant words, as i dont know if changing the order of phrases can be an effecient solution,
    think you again my freinds for your help!
  7. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Hi kadi07,

Your site is lovely in appearance. Congratulations for getting that far! [​IMG]

Here's the problem as I see it. You only have product listings, which you are saying have been copied from the manufacturers web site.

That leaves you with no unique content of your own. You haven't given Google any reason to list your site. That exact content can be found elsewhere, so why list you?

If you want the search engines to list you in the search results and send you free traffic, you have to provide your own unique content.

For instance, you have a product Therastress. You need to do some keyword research to find out what phrases relating to stress relief, etc. people are using to look for information.

You want to find search terms with lots of demand and much less supply.

I haven't looked, but let's suppose one of the most searched for phrases with low supply is 'relieving stress naturally.'

With that in mind, you build a page titled 'Relieving Stress Naturally.' You write at least 450-700 words about the subject of relieving stress naturally and use that exact phrase 2 or 3 times on the page and in the headline.

In the natural flow of your content you recommend Therastress as a solution to their stress related symptoms and link to your product page on Therastress.

By doing this over and over again for all the different issues that your product solves, you are giving Google a reason to list you in the search engines as providing the content people are searching for.

Does that make sense? I hope so. Keep up the good work. It takes a while to build a good solid web business, but it pays off in the end if you do it right.

8. kadi07

kadi07 New Member

think you so soooooo much Angie for your so appreciate information, that is really so helpful for me to go aheade with internet marketing and now as a second step for me, it will be getting traffic to my website, so i am starting by creating a blog and writing some article within my website(as you have told me), and i dont know if it will be a good idea to publish they same articles on squidoo and ezine, to get more traffic on my website!
    think you again for your help Angie and have a good luck you too with internet marketing.
  9. happywife

happywife Gold Member

kadi07: and i dont know if it will be a good idea to publish they same articles on squidoo and ezine, to get more traffic on my website!

Publish the same type of article, but not exactly the same as on your website - rewrite the info. so it's not a duplicate copy.

I'd concentrate on the content on the main site first. Once you have that going solidly 30-50 pages, then start the other stuff and link back to your site.

Have fun!
  10. gowriter

gowriter Member

Hello. I'm new to this forum, and I want to say you have a very lovely site.

I know you're trying to keep things simple and straight forward, but when you have products like this, you want to appeal to your customer. Just giving plain bullet format makes it look industrial and structural.

You want to say something like: "Mushroom extract compounds penetrate deep into skin, preventing eye crinkles causes from constant squinting". Something to that effect.

Also for your intro on the featured products page, have something a little more robust than: Hope you have good health and happy life.

Say something to the effect of:

At (your company's name), we recognize that health and skin care are essential to a balanced and healthy life. We are determined to provide organic, natural and environment friendly products that help our customers experience the best of nature's gifts.

I know that's a bit fluffy, but that gives your site a more personal touch, especially since it's a health related product.