Starting with the Amazon Affiliate program

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by pcwork, Dec 9, 2007.

1. pcwork

pcwork New Member

My PPC income is almost static (though traffic is increasing), so I am planning to use the Amazon affiliate program. Does anyone have any tips /guidelines / suggestions to get started?

2. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

If you are going to use PPC advertising for Amazon.com, make sure that you know what your commission is going to be in advance. If you only get a 10% commission on a $20 sale, that's only a $2 commission, which doesn't go very far if you are paying 20 cents a click for traffic.

3. pcwork

pcwork New Member

No, instead of showing poorly targeted Adsense ads or PSAs, I am thinking of adding affiliate links

4. juno44444

juno44444 New Member

I use Amazon and they are one of my favorites now. When you create an account you will see a very user-friendly arrangement and ways to make all kinds of links and widgets. I can link to direct search results for the products of my site and can show slideshows of products. It's great.

I also suggest you look into pay per play as this will pay for simple visits to your site, regardless of whether the person clicks or buys anything.