Struggling Husband and father of 2, I need your help please.

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by carmad8003, Sep 27, 2010.

1. carmad8003 New Member

Hello my name is Carlos Madrid, I am 23 years old and married to my beautiful wife which gave me my 2 beautiful babies, my daughter is almost 2 years old and my son is 4 months old. I recently lost my job as a manager of operations for a private security company in washington dc. I worked for the company for 5 years, I helped build it from the ground up, and after all those years there was inside trouble with the owners and they decided to each go their separate ways, which means that left me with no job. I have been applying everywhere looking for a better job and to no success. That has pushed me to start working with my fathers tire shop which sells new and used tires in maryland. The shop doesn't earn much, and I have very long hours from 8am to 7pm, 6 days a week. On top of that I work as a security guard with a different security company on the weekends, picking up as many shifts as I can to be able to pay for my familys rent, car bill, utilities, etc. I am the only one that works, my wife takes care of our 2 babies.

One of the MOST important things in my life, is to spend time with my family and children. As of right now I am working over 90 hrs a week and I only get to spend very few hours with them before they fall asleep at night. My only day off is cherished greatly with them and my wife.

I am looking for a change in my life and their life. I want to be able to have a business in which I have time for them when they are awake and gives us financial freedom.

I am ready to get started and willing to work hard to obtain it. Thank you in advance for all your help. God bless you.
  2. Matt Zenittini Silver Member

Hey Carlos,

Wow what a story..

90 Hours per WEEK!

That is crazy!

It's good to hear you are willing to work to make a change in your life, as you have proven in your story you seem to be a very hard worker.

There are a few ways to obtain that financial freedom you are looking for from home.

The two main ways are Affiliate Marketing and Network Marketing.

I personally recommend network marketing because in my mind it has a smaller learning curve, you can make more money faster, and it pays a residual income for the life of the company.

That last one is the life of the company.. So what I recommend is you find a solid network marketing company to represent and learn how to market it. Create a plan to do each day with certain actions to build your business..

Starting this now can have you home with your family more in the next 6 months and full time from home in the next 12 to 24 months realistically for hard workers.

I recommend the first thing to look for.. Is a product you can truly believe in.

From there find a strong company that carries that product. Look for the time in business, the history of the owner, the companies professionalism, etc.

The next thing to look for is a good up-line. Find someone you either trust or has been with the company for some time and isn't going to skip out on you. Make sure the person you join with is available and knows what they are doing so they can help you. It doesn't necessarily matter how much money they are making with the company though.

From there I look at the comp plan. Make sure the comp plan has measures built to pay you NOW as well as provide a solid lifelong residual income.

One thing to consider is the cost to get involved with the company as well. Some are free, some are low cost, some are high cost.

All have their pros and cons. In my mind, get involved with a free or low cost opportunity.. Because then you will never be used and the company genuinely wants to see you succeed... Because if you don't make money.. neither do they.

Carlos, I wish you the best of luck with how to proceed. With your work ethic I'm sure you will really excel with whatever route you choose.

Matt
  3. mountainmom5 Gold Member

You and Matt sound like a perfect match Carlos! [IMG]

I am in affiliate marketing myself but it usually takes longer to get into profit than with network marketing... and with your story,( you are blessed my friend with a beautiful family!), I am thinking you should probably let someone like Matt help you get started with something.

Cheers!
  4. FreeCashMan Active Member

Pursuing a home business is certainly the way to go. And only network marketing offers the best residual cashflow potential that gives walk-away monthly income.

In my experience and analysis of the industry, the first and foremost thing is compensation plan. You live and die by the compensation plan and it's ability for the average person to prosper with it.

The network marketing industry has for so long told people to focus on having some great product to promote, but historical facts clearly establish that such does not make for great income which is the purpose of a business. To me it's the great deception and scam of networking and has lead to the great failure rate.

Often most people just do not know how to really analyze a company's compensation plan to understand it ability to produce for the average ordinary person, thus they think product is the key, but product in and of itself will never make you great income in network marketing.

However, I prove my point by saying looking at the number of top department stores in your area or a near major city, like Macy's or Kohl. However, look at the number of dollar stores that are in the same area. Or look the number of a nice restaurants in your area, say a Red Lobster versus the number of McDonald's. You will see that the nice department store and nicer restaurants are less than those that don't have the nicer products, if you will.

Now equating this to home business networking; when you establish a business do you want an opportunity that has a comp plan that produces a McDonald or Dollar Store effect or a Macy's/Red Lobster effect in terms of distributions centers.

We as networkers are respectively distribution centers, when we as networkers begin to really understand the essential of a networking structure to have the potential to give us that McDonald effect we will avoid the bullcrap company's compensation plans that can't do that, and focus on those company's that have a layout that can, or we will continue to just manifest failures that shouldn't be happening.

Business people are passionate about their business being profitable first and foremost, and with networking, uplines should feel the same about those they refer-team members making money.

After 16 years in the networking industry, I can say that if I knew what I know now, I would not have joined 90% of the networking opportunities I did in the past because they just were not a winning formula for the average and ordinary person, even if some had a great product or service.

Lastly, if you are going to get more time to spend with your family, you may have to just figure out how to take a little more time to do something for yourself so you can free yourself from the slavery of the job.

All the best.
  5. Matt Zenittini Silver Member

FreeCashMan: In my experience and analysis of the industry, the first and foremost thing is compensation plan. You live and die by the compensation plan and it's ability for the average person to prosper with it.
    We disagree on that note :p.

Reason being if you are not VERY passionate about what you do.. The comp plan does not matter.. because you will not see it.

I mean, starting a profitable business is good.. but if you have always dreamed of having a burger shop, and you are passionate about burgers... Are you going to open up a pizza place if you don't like pizzas because it is more profitable?

In my mind if you do not follow your passion there will be no success... Especially true success.

mountainmom5: I am thinking you should probably let someone like Matt help you get started with something.
    Thanks for the compliment M5 =].

I love stories like yours Carlos.. Not because of the pain and misfortune... But because of YOU. Too many people just quit.. The way you have pushed forward even in the face of adversity really shows something about your character.

I know you will be incredibly successful in whatever venture you pursue online. I know that because of your willingness to push forward and not give up.

I hope this thread helps open your eyes to a world of opportunity.

Matt
  6. FreeCashMan Active Member

You have a point Matt, but if a person wants to make money in business, and they are passionate about burgers, if the cashflow isn't there with the system/biz they will be out of business and eating someone else's burgers.

Passion about a product may help motivate some, but money provides the cash to do what one loves, for fun. We have been conditioned to go product passion first, and this simply is not the way your most serious business people think and establish successful businesses. I'm referencing people such as Donald Trump.

I love to travel and get away, but I haven't seen a travel networking biz opportunity that was worthy to participate in to justify my passion in exchange for lack of true monthly residual profit potential. However, I can use cashflow from a more profitable monthly residual venture to delight myself in said passions.

Now where passions and a good compensation plan for monthly residual meet, that can be a nice thing. However, most, not all, networking companies pump people up on product Love, and provide compensation plans that lead to divorce. Not my opinion, it's a historical fact based on the failure rate in this industry of those who thought love/like of a good/great product was the answer to home business success.

When one becomes a product driven person in a world where people are focused on more money for my efforts and time, they essentially become a salesperson, and people generally don't want to openly be salespeople, thus leading to a more difficult recruiting challenge for so many. However people want to make more money, and help others do the same. You simply can't do that without a viable compensation plan that is feasible for the average person to have some good cashflow success.

People will refer people to a job these days before an opportunity because they and the person they are referring can "see" the money. We need to have this same approach in home business networking to manifest more success and a lot less failures. We simply can't keep doing the same thing in this industry that has proven it is not effective for the average ordinary person.

Business, and home business, is about making money. Who amongst us are here to focus on passion for charity style cashflow profits?
  7. Matt Zenittini Silver Member

FreeCashMan

I go into business to truly help people.

When I help people I help them obtain the monthly residual income they choose to obtain.

ALL MLMs have very similar comp plans.

The more expensive ones use the people at the bottom.

The less expensive ones tend to help the average guy.

I believe some thought must be put into the comp plan.. But the product, the company, and your upline are all more important aspects to getting started in home business than the comp plan..

I'm referencing people such as professional internet marketers like Mike Dillard, and Jonathan Budd.

Everyone is in business to make money. In network marketing their primary focus should be to help others.. Not make money.

What is the quote? Something like "You Can Only Get What You Want, If You Help Enough Other People Get What They Want" - Zig Ziglar.

I can't help people if I'm not passionate about the product that I'm using to help them.

There is cashflow in any business you go into.. With the right product, company, and support.. You can be successful.

Which is why there are different franchises. There is something out there for everyone.

FreeCashMan: Business, and home business, is about making money. Who amongst us are here to focus on passion for charity style cashflow profits?
    I would rather do something that makes me happy and make "charity style cashflow profits" than take advantage of people by encouraging them to not follow their passions in life.

However I make more than "charity style cashflow profits" and I only help those that have a passion for what I'm doing.. Which leads to Extreme growth and success for everyone.

Everyone has that passion inside of them... And if they follow that.. Instead of fighting it.. They will experience a happier, less stressful, more fulfilling, FASTER, path to success.

Network marketing is not for everyone.. Some people would be happier creating their business that allows them to travel...

But that passion will harvest their true success.

Matt
  8. FreeCashMan Active Member

I hear ya man.

All I know is that historical facts validate that ideal approach to business you have as it relates to network marketing has produced a 95% failure rate for the average and ordinary person that has pursued network marketing.

I talk to people daily that tell me of their failures and frustration with the industry from the traditional ways, and see what I do as a refresh ray of legitimate hope, and as I have been told "a God-send."

A new approach to establishing substantive monthly residual income for the average and ordinary person, that is now stuck in a stagnant job growth economy and needing networking more than ever, must be undertaken if the percentage of success is to be greatly improved in this industry.

I haven't met a person that wasn't passionate about making money to do the things that they would love to do if they had more money to do it with.

The sheer nature of network marketing requires helping others to succeed so that you succeed, so that's an inherent feature that goes without saying. Not a reason to continue down a road to lure people into some of these opportunities out there that are a big joke as to profit potential for people in general.

I'm most excited when I see people on my team succeeding in making money for their goals and dreams that only money can bring.

All those that get overly excited about product and their passion for it do nothing more than go out and proceed to make money with it. Thus end game is making money.

I had a man, come to me recently all excited about his cell phone biz oppty, but he conceded that it wasn't helping him achieve his financial goals the way he needed or expected. When I got him to understand the monthly residual with the comp plan produced on average less than $1 per person in the network, notwithstanding promotional level requirements, etc, logic set in, to show that making big money wasn't a potential for the average person because of the needed size of the network. And I'm talking something like $2,000 dollars a month.

Until historical facts can show that a different approach can't produce a better result, I'll run with the different approach and preaching it from the high mountain, if you will. The old way has clearly defined its massive limitations, and waste of dollars and time.

It's new day, and new way to finally get the financial flexibilit and financial freedom that are man Carlos here, and others just like him, are after.
  9. Matt Zenittini Silver Member

Everyone wants to make money..

The comp plan is important..

You said:

FreeCashMan: In my experience and analysis of the industry, the first and foremost thing is compensation plan.
    I said:

Matt Zenittini: I believe some thought must be put into the comp plan.. But the product, the company, and your upline are all more important aspects to getting started in home business than the comp plan..
    Even though people want to make money and need a good comp plan.. With out the first 3 things in tact.. ALL first 3 things it is simply pointless to worry about the comp plan.

Unless someone is not really serious about who it is they get in bed with.

Matt
  10. carmad8003 New Member

Thanks guys and mountainmom, for all your responses.

I really appreciate all the help I can obtain, because I want to do better for my family and I have tried many programs online but they just sold me a bunch of ebooks and left me in the same place I started in.

Matt, where can I find a good networking company with a good solid reputation, product, and comp plan? How do I go about starting a network marketing program?

FreeCashMan: What do you recommend for me to look out for when searching for these network marketing programs. I don't want to waste time, as what little time I have is very valuable and I want to spend it with my family. I REALLY REALLY want to be successful doing this and would like to turn it into a full-time business.

Both you guys have great ideas and experience which I do not have. Consider me an average joe, I really do not know much about networking or internet programs and websites, I know the basic but I can learn quickly.

Thanks for all your help.
  11. FreeCashMan Active Member

I'm sure we would both say take a look at what we have in our signature links, and others here and see what may be suitable for you.

No one intentionally pursues opportunity with a bad company, so I still don't see where that is material. People didn't know Microsoft was going to be the Microsoft of today, when they started, or they would have never walked away (those that did).

And my point on product is simply, that some of the most successful businesses don't have whatever may be considered the best or greatest product, but they have a lot more profit and outlets to generate profit than others in the same category, therefore reason says product is not a point of true profit potential as we in this industry have been lead to believe.

If I'd known what I know and most importantly understand now, 16 years later in the network marketing "game", I'd be very well of. However, the blessing is It's not to late at age 41, still time to get paid, big time!
  12. Mazzini Auto New Member

FREECASHMAN

how can someone make money with zero out of pocket cost?

I think I might check out your link.
  13. A8ch Gold Member

FreeCashMan: In my experience and analysis of the industry, the first and foremost thing is compensation plan. You live and die by the compensation plan and its ability for the average person to prosper with it.
    Matt Zenittini: We disagree on that note :p.

Reason being if you are not VERY passionate about what you do. The comp plan does not matter.. because you will not see it.
    While you each make valid individual points, your positions would be strengthened if you combined your opinions.

On the one hand, a solid compensation plan is critical. It ought to be solid enough and sufficiently challenging to create just the right incentive for the motivated marketer to achieve.

On the other hand, passion is the fuel that drives the motor. But that passion should be applied to the process.

Matt Zenittini: I mean, starting a profitable business is good.. but if you have always dreamed of having a burger shop, and you are passionate about burgers... Are you going to open up a pizza place if you don't like pizzas because it is more profitable?
    Why not?

If the process is to build a profitable business and you become passionate about achieving that, then it wouldn't matter as much which network marketing company or product you choose, or if you focused on a pizza parlor, a hamburger joint or a grocery store.

Those options would simply become the opportunities or vehicles at your disposal to get you to your objective. And that could mean applying the process to a pizza parlor simply because it's more profiitable.

And who doesn't like pizza anyway! [IMG]

Hermas
  14. FreeCashMan Active Member

Mazzini Auto
    Mazzini Auto: how can someone make money with zero out of pocket cost?

While I once had a system for such using trial offers (thus the name freecashman), and it can still be done today, some people are still using that format. It's a taxing thing, an often if one is not careful they will have charges to their credit card after they have canceled the offer (not discussing affiliate marketing income generating using free marketing strategies here)

I've decided to skip that route because of our low entry level, and the burden that comes with trying to walk people through the trial offer process successfully. However, in reading my info clearly, our system gets people to the "Big League" big income generating division with no out of pocket cost, fully explained in our presentation.

In these challenging economic times, several hundred dollars to TRY a business is out of too many's league, even though they want the bigger income that can go with that higher start up, so we have a lower very affordable $30 entry that works people up to the Big income we all desire. However, the crazy thing is our $30 entry is very powerful and profitable in and of itself.

Feel free to check things out, there's a 12 minute video that is designed to not waste people's time. If they see an interest there, they can elect to move forward.
  15. Matt Zenittini Silver Member

A8ch: If the process is to build a profitable business and you become passionate about achieving that, then it wouldn't matter as much which network marketing company or product you choose, or if you focused on a pizza parlor, a hamburger joint or a grocery store.
    I suppose that makes sense in way.

I had to really think about it for a while.

It SORT of even follows the story of the Mexican Fisherman you posted a while back.

Assuming a profitable business is the process.

[IMG]

Thanks Hermas for your valuable feedback!

A8ch: And who doesn't like pizza anyway!
    I can LITERALLY eat it every night!

Matt
  16. Jack New Member

carmad8003

Carlos there is a major piece of this puzzle missing here and that is who and how are you going to market your business. The team I work with will not just sign up anyone who wants to join our business. We require that they learn some basic strategies before we even attempt to register them in our work at home business.
  17. mreese601 Member

Carlos, reading the comment I see, they are some good advice. I would say find your passion get educated and keep going after your dreams. That will take you where u want to go. Get educated online Internet Marketing and you and your wife will be able to work from home.