Success In MLM Is Mind Over Matter

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by adrianbrown, Dec 11, 2011.

1. adrianbrown

adrianbrown New Member

Hello Everyone, MY NAME IS Adrian Tea Brown, and this is my first post in this forum. I am happy to be here and I hope to have a fantastic time with you all.

From my experience over the past five years as an online entrepreneur, I have come to realize and been fully convinced that success really starts in the mind. It is really mind over matter, why? because there is no quick fix to legitimate success.

Success in not a destination, it's a journey, and it takes time, effort, resources and many learning curves with new skill-sets.

The majority gave up along the way because they did not develop and acquire the mental toughness necessary for the journey. They fell for the "Shiny Objects" with outrageously hyped up offers promising them 100k in two weeks.

There is no magic button to push. No magic bullet. There is no online business on earth where the cash pours in from day one.

I believe everyone can be successful, because it is a choice not a chance. It demands competence, it's not an accident. There are certain rules that anyone can follow and be successful online.

And these rules of online success you never want to break

The first of those rules is BUILDING YOUR LIST.

The second, is getting TARGETED TRAFFIC.

And the third is promoting QUALITY products/serviceS that help people achieve their needs, wants, and goals.

If you do those 3 things well, you're going to succeed online. There's really no way around it.
  2. Yaucher

Yaucher New Member

Welcome to the forum. I'm also new here as well. I agree with the points that you have mentioned. Success is all about patience, being realistic, consistency, personal growth and skills. Skill is important to add to the list. You can have the best mindset there is but if you don't have the right skills and apply it consistently, it will take much much longer to accomplish success.

Great post[​IMG]
  3. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

adrianbrown: And the third is promoting QUALITY products/serviceS that help people achieve their needs, wants, and goals.
    Too many people make the same mistake of promoting products on let's say clickbank and at the same time making the vendor rich. It is, in my view, kind of stupid to promote products that are not some sort of an MLM opportunity.

You want to build residual income but with other non-MLM programs, you are making the product owner more and more money because the effect of getting an army of affiliates is building their long term success and not yours.

With MLM online, all the people that you bring in, will duplicate and make you more money as time goes by.
  4. Mflaclair

Mflaclair New Member

The correct mindset is very important to the success in any business.
    A great mindset along with a product/service that you have a passion for will put you on the right path.

Networking is not a get rich quick scheme. It takes time and effort to
    be successful. Too many people are looking for the magic answer and
    its called WORK. Doing the right things on a steady basis will lead to success.

Best of luck!
  5. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

Very good points.

A person will take out a loan to go to school.
    Study day in and day out to get a degree in whatever.
    To then go and beg for a job to pay off the loan.
    And at the end of it all most are screwed, but
    they will keep at it and keep at it, even go back to school
    for more degrees to get more of the same.
    And when all said most are unhappy in one form or another
    with job, life, and overall...and in debt.

But they won't invest in a viable networking home business.
    Take the time to work day in and day out at it so that
    they don't have to go beg for a job, can be the loaner and not the
    loanee. And when all said and done live a more prosperous life.
    Or at least have options.

Point is you get the "joys" of what you commit too and work at.
  6. adrianbrown

adrianbrown New Member

talfighel
    That is a good point you make there. But suppose you had a product a clickbank, would you think the same way?
  7. adrianbrown

adrianbrown New Member

Investing in Network Marketing is always a better choice than hunting down a JOB (Jumping Out of Bed).

I agree with Robert Kiyosaki who said that Network Marketing is the perfect business. More people are not successful in this business because they have been deceived in believing some lies about this industry.

The most blatant of them are, "You can get rich quick in Network Marketing", and "Network Marketing is illegal, its' a pyramid".

Not knowing that a pyramid is the strongest and most effective structure devised by man.

Every legitimate organization is a pyramid, from your family to the government.

I believe the way out of the economic crunch many are experiencing is via the route of Network Marketing.
  8. adrianbrown

adrianbrown New Member

As we look forward to 2012, do you think email marketing is on its way out because of the explosion of mobile marketing as some Gurus would want us to believe?

What is your view on this very important topic?
  9. dl_stpierre

dl_stpierre New Member

adrianbrown
    I don't think that e-mail marketing is dead, but I think that it is definately being hit hard by the onset of the Mobile Market. There are a lot of people how are simply getting rid of the computer all together and replacing it with a mobile device. I think the mobile market has yet to be tapped as huge potential. With 4G coming on strong. There is a huge market, more people have a mobile device than a computer. If you have to have the right product and the means to sell in that market, You can get filthy rich.
  10. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Yeah, I am very surprised to hear people say that it is a PYRAMID.

Isn't a job a pyramid?

You got the CEO at the top. Underneath him/her you have the executives. Underneath them you have top management. Underneath them you have middle management. Underneath them you have managers. And underneath them you have regular workers.

That is a pyramid too....
  11. adrianbrown

adrianbrown New Member

I don't think it is the shape of the pyramid structure that is the problem in the mind of many people. It is the operation of some schemes that are created to exploit the mass while the few at the top enjoy the result.

And so in ignorance many people associate network marketing with those illegal set up.
  12. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Excellent post Adrian, and welcome to the forum!

I share your point of view that success (not only in MLM) begins with our mindset. That's the first cause and it sets the tone for the journey.

adrianbrown: As we look forward to 2012, do you think email marketing is on its way out because of the explosion of mobile marketing as some Gurus would want us to believe?
    No! Email marketing isn't going anywhere just now. Mobile marketing is the new kid on the block and has its share of supporters, but at the moment it is still dwarfed by email marketing.

Hermas
  13. tmvmediaworks

tmvmediaworks New Member

Most people have unrealistic expectations.

Tony Robbins said it best to be successful:

1. get clear and focus on EXACTLY what you want(not i want to make "as much as i can", but I want to make $xxxxx a month within X months with a _____ business etc. be very detailed)

2.get the best mentor, road map, business plan, program, etc(follow successful people, programs and business models)

3. identify and resolve your inner conflicts(if you have the first 2 adn are still not successful then this is the problem! ex. i want all the free time in the world but i want to make a million dollars or i don't deserve being successful because of something in the past, etc.)

There's an old saying that say's we our are own prisoner and prison guard, therefore open the door and free yourself instead of keeping yourself mentally imprisoned!
  14. Blazing

Blazing New Member

Many great points here.

Once you have an effective plan for action, what is usually lacking is implementation of the plan. Consistent and Persistent actions that further the plan.

Often people feel they are hustling and building their business, but most of what they are doing is not directly tied to generating income. Effective income producing activity is what is required.

P.S. this is my first post on this forum. Hello Everyone.
  15. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Blazing: Often people feel they are hustling and building their business, but most of what they are doing is not directly tied to generating income. Effective income producing activity is what is required.
    Welcome to the forum, Blazing!

You make an excellent point in your first post and I share your opinion. Being busy should not be confused with being productive. Adjusting one's perspective to embrace that truth is all it takes to make a major difference in one's results.

Hermas
  16. Blazing

Blazing New Member

Hermas,

Thank you for your kind welcome.

Now, if only it was easy to always be productive and stay focused on income-generating activities.
  17. ginene

ginene New Member

I agree. If you want to succeed you have to claim it and write down your goals. Most people who are self made millionaires are people who stayed focus and never gave up.
  18. mreese601

mreese601 Member

Welcome to the forum Adrain what a great post! That's what I teach all of my students It all start with your mind! If you don't believe that it is possible then it will never happen for you. But if you believe that it will then you will find a way to make it happen!
  19. lymand

lymand New Member

adrianbrown: Success in not a destination, it's a journey, and it takes time, effort, resources and many learning curves with new skill-sets.
    Excellent post. Success In MLM Is Mind Over Matter. I believe it's also a matter of keeping up with these new skill-sets. It has always amazed me how things in the MLM/Network Marketing arena can change as far as new ways to build the list and get the targeted traffic that you speak of.
  20. jbrownmarketing

jbrownmarketing New Member

I agree with everything you said mind over matter is super important when working in mlm. Staying positive and dedicated to your goal you will suceed in this industry!