Success Is All About Attitude - Here's Proof!

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by dawnconnelly, Oct 5, 2009.

1. dawnconnelly

dawnconnelly Guest

Do you ever wake up, get out of bed, stub your little toe on your way to grab your much needed cup of coffee that burns your tongue and then declare "Today's gonna be one of those days"? It's all about attitude. We all have days that start out that way but we don't all finish them that way. On a recent morning with very little sleep due to a wakeful 12 week old, I got my kindergartener up and she missed the bus. That was followed by coffee spilling into my laptop keypad. What a start to a day. But, this is the crucial moment. You can earmark it "one of those days" or you can decide right then that it's going to be a fantastic day. Chose to think thoughts like I my day is going to be an amazing day. Have an attitude of gratitude. Smile. It's hard to feel angry and frustrated when you are sporting a huge smile. Then, tell yourself "It's going to be a great day!" I decided it was going to be a great day and guess what? I got a very large residual income check that afternoon, got eight new leads for my business, and bought another investment house at an incredible price.

We are all riding the roller coaster of life, but the sooner you develop a happy attitude the sooner you will be inspired to have a good day, to accomplish what you set out to do and more, and to meet and surpass all your goals.

The Mayo Clinic reported that optimism and pessimism can affect many areas of your health and well being. It listed the health benefits of positive thinking to include increased life span, lower rates of depression, lower levels of distress, greater resistance to the common cold, better psychological and physical well-being, reduced risk of death from cardiovascular disease, and better coping skills during hardships and times of stress. Another study by Robert Coghill, Ph.D at Wake Forest University School of Medicine showed that positive thinking and a healthy attitude can overcome pain. Powerful stuff!

Then there is the theory of attraction where you bring about what you think about. Think thoughts of success and happiness and bring that your way. Think doom and gloom and that too will come. So focus on being positive. Laugh, smile, surround yourself with positive people, and periodically stop throughout the day to evaluate yourself and make sure you are putting positive spin on things.

Ask yourself, do you want to succeed? Do you want to be healthy? Do you want financial independence? If the answer is yes, practice a positive attitude every day and success and freedom will come your way! I'm proof it works!
  2. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Great post. This was exactly what I needed to hear today. Life will always throw you curves and things you cant control but you can control your reaction to those curves. If you learn to see the silver lining and count your blessing and learn the power of gratitude then your outlook on life will be all the better.

Thank you Dawn and God bless you for your great post.
  3. dawnconnelly

dawnconnelly Guest

Thanks Adam. I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

[Link removed - Admin]
  4. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

Life throws you curves, but you learn to swerve. Rascal Flatts. I needed this today too!
  5. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Thanks! Much needed reminder for me as well.[​IMG]
  6. dula14

dula14 New Member

Nice post. A positive attitude is a powerful weapon indeed.
  7. joanpeterson

joanpeterson New Member

That is a great post and so true. We must have a postive attitude to get through life despite all the challenges.

It's like when people bemoan their age when they have a birthday. Well, as a cancer survivor - I can say that each birthday is a bonus.

Your have two options - have a birthday or be dead...

With attitude , you also have two choices - be positive or be negative.

And who do you want to be around?
  8. cthen

cthen New Member

Life is all about choices..We can choose to be positive or negative. I use daily affirmations and have positive sayings posted in my work place. Life is much more enjoyable when we can put a positive spin on things..

Enjoy your day!
  9. krazyladyplz

krazyladyplz New Member

I totally agree. Your attitude may be an influence for others even though you may not know it.
  10. Jean LA

Jean LA New Member

dawnconnelly: Ask yourself, do you want to succeed? Do you want to be healthy? Do you want financial independence? If the answer is yes, practice a positive attitude every day and success and freedom will come your way! I'm proof it works!
    Very inspiring. Positive attitude is the key to financial freedom. Having a specific goal can lead to success. Be careful of what you do and continue doing what works.
  11. elle14

elle14 New Member

I agree with this. Having a good attitude will lead you to the betterment of your work. Not only in your work but in yourself and also in your environment.

Thanks for sharing. It is inspiring. We should always keep this in our mind. [​IMG]
  12. tamilee

tamilee New Member

I Love this post. I know that sometimes it can really hard to be positive especially when everything seems to going wrong. But it is so important to just keep smiling and move on. If you have a good attitude on live then good things will happen!
  13. dougster77

dougster77 New Member

Great advice, life is not what happens to you but how you deal with it.
  14. yasser

yasser New Member

very nice post. thank you a million. [​IMG]