Success Rates vs. Failure Rates

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by tygersclaw, May 27, 2009.

1. tygersclaw

tygersclaw New Member

So what is the percentage of those who succeed and those who fail to attain a substainable income using Work at Home plans?

Anyone know?

2. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

I don't know if you can actually come up with a statistical number, because there are so many variables out there. I would say, however, that the vast majority of people will fail, but the people who do make it never look back. The big thing is to find the right program that gives you proper training and guidance, and to try out different angles, and to persevere and keep trying even when you don't succeed, because if you give up, you are never going to succeed.

3. cherie27

cherie27 New Member

Maybe you have been hearing a lot of success cases as well as failure cases. It is all depends on the person.

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vincent T. Lombardi

4. IMoneyReview

IMoneyReview New Member

I once heard a number of around 90% failure in this industry. However, I do not know if it is based upon anything real. It is probably a guess. However, each person's success or failure is dependent upon the effort they are willing to put into it.

5. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi TygersClaw,

That depends upon what you call failure.

My definition is someone that gives up within two years. I agree with Cherie when she states that it's simply due to a lack of will [and stick-to-itiveness].

Solution is to either passionately commit for the long haul or don't bother.

As an aside, I imagine that more than 99% of those who go into internet marketing fail because they give up and/or rush things far too much.

Tip: if you get into this then don't focus on the money. Only focus on learning, experimenting, and offering quality posts to your readership.

Good luck,

~Newbie Shield~

6. rosa41

rosa41 New Member

A long while ago, I wanted to do more than just a job. I started talking to and reading about successful people. They all think the same. Statistically, and it has not changed, about 95% of people will not make it. This is also the number of people who will never break the $100,000 mark for income. This number has changed a bit because of the lotto....but many of those peope loose the money they won within a few years. Why? They have not changed their thinking.
    Successful people look at things differently, think differently and consequently act differently than the rest of us. Have I "made" yet? I would say no, but I have broken the $100k mark. It was a struggle and took me 10 years. My thinking has changed drastically and it shows in my income.

It has been said...that if you took everyones money away and we all started with $0, that the once wealthy would again be wealthy and once broke would again be broke. It's all about how you think and then act.
    This industry is totally new to me, because my business got hosed with the economy, so I expect to spend at least a year learning and building. I know that I can make a great income from this industry and I won't quit until I do. Once I make that $100k, I'm going to double it and then triple it. Even if I spend five years at it I will be sooooo much further ahead than I was with a traditional business and job.
    There are too many wonderful things about working from home and being able to schedule your own time that I would never willingly give up.
    The 95% thing should not discourage you but help you realize what it's going to take and that 95% of your family and friends will tell you that it won't work.
    Success comes to those who continue after everyone else has given up.

7. drknlvly6781

drknlvly6781 Active Member

If you are looking to succeed in internet business, you shouldn't be concerned with the failure rate of others. Yes, its said that around 90% of people fail in online business (the number varies depending on where you get your stats), but YOUR success is dependent on YOU! Are you determined enough to succeed? Are you willing to work at reaching your goals, no matter what? Is your desire strong enough to carry you through temporary defeat? Because defeat doesn't become permanent until you accept it as such.

Statistics can be a good way to find out certain information, but in this case, the statistic is useless. Many people fail in online business, but many people succeed as well. Success depends on you, not how many people have done it before you.

8. DaveWalters

DaveWalters New Member

Some very good advice here. I think success comes down to comittment and persistence. The fact that many people do make good livings from internet marketing shows it's possible and the thing that distinguishes them is that, as getagrip said, they keep getting up when they're knocked down.

9. zaneypops

zaneypops New Member

It doesn't matter what the succees rate is. I have been working online for myself a few years now and make a very good income. That is all that matters. Whether you succeed or fail is up to you.

10. drknlvly6781

drknlvly6781 Active Member

Right Zaney. Another problem that people have is that when we see someone who is making good money online, we don't see how long it has taken them to do it, how much work they have put it, and how much money they spent and even lost before they got to the point they did today. The only difference between those that do make money online, and those that don't, is the ones that do kept trying until they did.

11. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Everyone likes the idea of making money from home, but not many are willing to work hard to make money.

12. JoelCowen

JoelCowen New Member

You really only fail when you give up. Everyone measures failure differently.

To your freedom and success,

Joel

13. coolbud

coolbud New Member

The important thing is that we should keep up the sprit and try our best to never give up. Since you've taken the decision to work from home, stick to it & keep your head high. Nothing wrong in living a life of dignity. No one can take that from you.

One of the main reason that many do not succeed online is the vastness of the internet. New products are launched everyday & people jump from one opportunity to another which makes success difficult. So,we should work in a proper direction with proper strategies for online success.

14. billiebjosey

billiebjosey New Member

From my experience those who fail either give up to quickly or dont treat their business as a business. They treat it as a 'hobby".When you look at your business as having the potential to turn into a millionaire dollar corporation your daily actions will reflect it. Those that are successful have a passion for their business...Also its great to follow a proven system..Dont try to reinvent the wheel...repreat what works

15. Jean LA

Jean LA New Member

If the threshold is the percentage of people that are working from home and earning big for all bills and necessities, I think 99% failed and 1% made it to financial freedom.

16. bestari

bestari New Member

Jean LA: I think 99% failed and 1% made it
    there are millions of people out side there who already begin their internet marketing career. but only this 1% can survive. the others...still work hard in their success process.

im one of the. hm..

but still work on it.

17. elle14

elle14 New Member

First, if you're going into this field of online business. You should not expect in the beginning. All you need to do is learn and practice the process. I got my successful here when I already reach the 6 months staying in online business. And I tried many ways so I can rates my failure for 30% but 70% for good. Just don't be afraid with this field all you need to do is patience and a good determination. [​IMG]

18. Andy3568

Andy3568 New Member

It can be frustrating, but as others have stated: If you give up, you chance of success drops to 0%. I still have not made a sale on clickbank (~4 months into it), but I'm still not going to give up.

19. yasser

yasser New Member

5 % will succeed and they have to work very hard.

20. JoelCowen

JoelCowen New Member

I saw a great video by Tim Sales on YouTube talking about this same topic. He mentioned everyone fails in every industry, what is different about Network Marketing?

To your freedom and success,

Joel