Successful ways that you advertise and market your business

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by dhpsite, Mar 27, 2010.

1. dhpsite

dhpsite New Member

For most people, getting high-quality targeted visitors
    to their site is probably one of the "hardest" things to do ... unfortunately it's also the most important.

Would love to hear any successful ways that you advertise and market your business, and of course I will surely share any with you that I come across. To everyone's success online.

2. yasser

yasser New Member

posting in forums, google ppc, ebay classifieds.[​IMG]

3. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Posting in Craigslist , forums helps

4. wealth10k

wealth10k New Member

Yasser and Pcwork are both right. posting in comments and adding value to forums like this one is one of the most effective ways to generate traffic. Sometimes these forums can be overly commercial.

Get to know people. form a rheport with people and get to know them. you would be doing what the very few and best marketer do.

5. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

There a so many ways to effectively advertise. Just look at how you are being advertise to everywhere you go and in all that you do.

Copy, tweak and paste for your own efforts.

I think people are looking for a magic lead source that produces a flood of sign ups instantly. No such thing exist.

Consistently marketing your business with online marketing tools such as autoresponders messages to help the person learn and know things about your offering is what works.

And, I personally find home business / work at home forums to be great.

6. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

I try to write as much content...until bored with it.

Squidoo is a great place to generate traffic.

Hub Pages are another option.

I receive a surprising amount of traffic from US Free Ads for the simplest work.
    Maybe less is more.

You could look into Facebook Advertising.

An interactive, targeted ad exchange is going live soon, where you can place ads for a flat 10 cents.
    The revenue is shared with the viewers, and this is a MLM I have been working with.
    As soon as it is live, I will post the info so many members can enjoy reasonable advertising at last!

Victoria

7. Christian

Christian New Member

I use article marketing and linking to build traffic to my sites and have done so for years.

Article marketing is powerful for a few reasons.

#1 - It's 100% free, you only need to invest some time to start seing traffic.

#2 - Submitting articles on a regular basis is like viral marketing. Over time other webmasters grab your articles and start re-publishing them on their websites.

This gives you ton's of one-way back links and your page rank and traffic grow virally as a result.

I had one article that was published on over 1,000 sites. Talk about getting some serious traffic.

8. carterstory

carterstory New Member

Blogs, Twitter, Articles, Hub pages / Squidoo, Forum Marketing (Your signature) PPC advertising.
    Here's a free give away hint for PPC.. Yahoo and MSN are cheaper than you think. We just started using a new ppc technique learned in the classes. Yesterday morming we worked on 2 keywords, and so far we've brought in 10 leads, and have spent less than a dollar

9. sharondavis

sharondavis New Member

Christian: I use article marketing and linking to build traffic to my sites and have done so for years.
    I agree, this has always been and continue to be one of my biggest traffic sources.

carterstory: Blogs, Twitter, Articles, Hub pages / Squidoo, Forum Marketing (Your signature)
    To this I would add that connecting the various social networking sites is also very useful. For example, whenever I make a blog post it is automatically tweeted at Twitter and also inserted onto the main page of my site.

I also use Facebook to promote my radio show.

10. NewRich23

NewRich23 New Member

All of the possible ways are true. But getting serious traffic requires implementing all of these. Don't try to take on all of them at once maybe two at a time. Marketing is more time consuming than anything else, stick with it, be consistent, stay dedicated and you'll be fine.

11. floridalady

floridalady New Member

dhpsite
    There are many ways to market your MLM business online. Forums, social networking (Twitter, Facebook etc), YouTube videos, Yahoo groups, Google groups, free classified ads etc. But don't forget old time network marketing methods -- calling mlm leads, direct mail, advertising in magazines, talking to everyone you meet etc. All these methods work to build your business.

12. niddy

niddy New Member

These are great ideas, guys! But holy cow! There aren't enough hours in the day!

13. Dana K

Dana K New Member

Persistence and consistency is the key here. Any or all of these ideas can be effective, it just takes time and consistent effort.

Creating strong, long-term income is a long distance run. 97% of people fall off because they're promised quick, easy money. It just doesn't work like that.

Luckily, we're in the 3%. [​IMG]

Small strokes fell big oaks. Your ultimate goal is achievable if you break it down into small pieces. What marketing method is working for you now? Repeat that and polish your technique until you're doubling that income. Then do it again. Then add another marketing method (or two) and do the same thing.

Success is available to anyone who is coachable and will treat their business like a business. Good luck to you!

14. dhpsite

dhpsite New Member

yasser
    Thanks to All very great feedback. I guess It works if you work it... simple as that!You can lead me to the water, but I gotta drink it.Dana K

15. MarketLifelines

MarketLifelines New Member

Advertising a site is a daunting task. However all advertising methods do work if you are persistent and of course know how to work them around.

Writing and linking is my best. I do two Ezines a day and spend at least 2 hours daily on forums . A great place to advertise yourself is Ask.com and Yahoo answers. All posts are always original. Blogging / Squidoo is another great advertising resource.

Social media is one other important strategy that works if correctly employed. Facebook is obviosly the largest and most vibrant of these.
    YouTube videos too are indispensable in online marketing.

Craiglist is a less used resource but it is a very powerful advertising medium. Being a very strict site, one must however learn ways and means to avoid their ads being flagged.

16. CarrieLyn

CarrieLyn Guest

Hi Dwayne,

Great forum topic, thanks for posting, and thanks too to everyone who commented.

There are a lot of different methods you could use to advertise and market your business but before you decide which one to start with you need to ask yourself a few questions.

1.) What is your goal of marketing? Are you trying to build a list or simply sell a product?
    - If you just want to sell then PPC may be your best option because it's quick and it can be cheap.
    - If you want to build a list then article marketing may be what you choose because for 1/2 an hour of work your article may be viewed by thousands of people and it stays out there forever.

2.) How much money do you have to spend?
    - Again, talking about PPC it can be cheap but for beginner's it's also the quickest way to lose money when you don't know what you're doing. Pick a method that fits within your budget.

3.) How much time do you want to spend on a daily and weekly basis promoting your business?
    - Writing articles and in forums can both be fantastic methods for generating traffic but they can both also take up a lot of your time which is your most expensive resource.

4.) How much knowledge about internet marketing do you have? And...How much do you want to learn?
    - As many people mentioned you definitely want to pick one area of marketing to learn all the ins and outs of before you move on to another. Maybe you'll pick something you know nothing about which means it'll take you longer to become proficient but man, the stuff you'll learn will be priceless.

One other quick thing that nobody mentioned in the post above is that above all you have to offer people value, not just a product or opportunity. When you put ads, articles, and posts out there consider whether you are providing value or taking it.

Providing value over the long run in all of your advertising is what it takes to set yourself apart from the masses and truly become part of the 3% that do become successful.

Whatever you choose...good luck!

17. JHandy

JHandy New Member

Free Methods: Craigslist, Forums, Articles, Blogs, Traffic Exchange, Tribal Syndications

Paid: Pay Per Click, Ezine Marketing, Banner Ads, Solo Ads, CPA (Cost per action, buying leads,

Free will take you time and Paid will cost you money obviously, but both will work.

Set a goal for yourself and stick to and overtime if you don't quit you will have a successful business.

Jerry

18. writerros

writerros New Member

I do think that article marketing is one of the best forms of online marketing. Not only do you get backlinks, but if you provide really useful information and advice in your article, you are branding yourself as an expert in your field, which attracts visitors to your website.

Ros

19. Ashley B

Ashley B New Member

Right now I am using article marketing and safelist email campaigns. I'm not sure how the safelist will pan out, we'll see though, and it's free.

20. JHandy

JHandy New Member

Article Marketing, forums, and PPC. The key is to be consistent. Don't do something for a couple of days and then throw your hands up and say that it doesn't work. Remember, there's a track record of accomplishment out there and if one can do it more can do it.

Remember the 4 minute mile?

Jerry