Suggest Free Ways To Market Your Website

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by viraj86, Nov 3, 2007.

1. viraj86

viraj86 New Member

My site is a subdomain . so it is difficult to get indexed in search engines . + its not w3c compliant . what can be the best methods to drive traffic since seo is out of question . i ve tried social bookmarking sites + article submission + linkreferral but the traffic is poor about 75 visitors a day. my site is 2.5 months old .would like ur help ..

2. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi viraj86,

You might add these to your list above:

Create a blog and link to your site
    Create a press release
    Free Classifieds
    Leave comments on other blogs with your sig link

[​IMG]

Newbie Shield

3. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Quoting: viraj86My site is a subdomain . so it is difficult to get indexed in search engines

Why don't you buy a domain, it is very cheap, less than $1.5

4. Newbie Shield

Sure, you could try Globat, Host Monster, or Go Daddy for a top level domain.

[​IMG]

Newbie Shield

5. viraj86

viraj86 New Member

ya the 1st thing i could do is purchase a domain . give me a site which is cheap n reliable

6. Newbie Shield

Quoting: viraj86ya the 1st thing i could do is purchase a domain . give me a site which is cheap n reliable

See above.

[​IMG]

Newbie Shield

7. ka7952

ka7952 New Member

blogging is a great way to advertise your business. Your can get free blogger pages and even earn from advertisement from your pages.

8. I agree with pcwork and Newbie Shield. Your best bet is to buy a domain. They are both cheap and reliable these days.

To your success,

Michael

9. aplina

aplina New Member

you could aslo create a mini site and write what you are promoting

10. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Hi Viraj86,

I agree with those who suggest you should get your own domain.
    Even though there are ways to get traffic to a subdomain, you'll
    always be handicapped in your efforts to attract high quality traffic.

Invest in a domain of your own. It'll give you much more marketing
    and promotional flexibility, and you wouldn't regret it!

Hermas

11. cardwarrior

cardwarrior New Member

You should definitely buy a domain of your own...It's not that expensive at certain registers.

12. LeisaWatkins

LeisaWatkins New Member

I agree with the others who suggest that you should purchase your own domain. You don't need to miss out on the traffic you have already created. Keep your existing subdomain for a while and do redirects.

Transfer your articles over to your new domain and then redirect the traffic on a page by page basis.

The easiest way to do that is with a htaccess 301 redirect. However, you likely don't have access to the correct files to do that. Still there are additional ways to do redirects using php etc.

You don't have to lose out on everything you have done already.

Leisa

13. ka7952

ka7952 New Member

I would like review about the program you are promoting and try to make it rank high for the search engine to pick it up.

Good Luck.