Suggestion To Vishal...

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by talfighel, Aug 19, 2012.

1. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

This is really a message to Vishal who is the owner of this forum.

Why not create a section here in this forum for articles only. You can ask for a membership fee of let's say $60 per year and those who use this membership can add a maximum of 10 per day.

There is one forum, the BIG one that we all know about that use this, and are getting more and more visitors from this technique.

Rules to keep things fair is that you can post, if you have a $60 per year membership, 10 article per day only and you can't go over that.

Another rule is that you must have a minimum of 300 words in your article and that it MUST be original which means that you can not copy from someone else and post it as your own.

What do you think Vishal?

Tal

2. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

That's an interesting suggestion Tal and it could bring more unique content into the forum as well.

3. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Waiting for a reply from Vishal.

4. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Then why don't you private message him instead of opening the subject for debate?
    That's what makes a forum unique, debate instead of slanted views like articles.
    Although it may serve Vishal financially it would be a headache to manage.
    Sounds like selling space for spam instead of helping others succeed.
    There are many ways he could monetize this site if he wanted to.
    Vishal's reply should be interesting and educational.

5. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

This was discussed earlier and I still hold the same view. One of the main reasons why I'm averse to allowing articles in the forum is that mixing articles with forum discussions destroys the essence of the forum, that is discussion.

Secondly, there is a difference between original and unique work. An original work may be posted elsewhere and still be termed original. Unique however is unique. It can be found in only one place. So if my article is published on 100 places, it is still original, but not unique. That's what many members argue with me when I point them to the forum terms and rules that says:

Cross-posting of articles/information (posting same content in multiple forums/article directories) is strictly prohibited. Please post only unique content.

So allowing original articles will not help me or the forum in any way.

Just2EZ likes this.
  6. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I agree with Vishal and Just2EZ ... forums are for debates and discussions... people LOVE to share their opinions. :D

p.s. and I LOVE the new smilies. :giggle:

Just2EZ likes this.
  7. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Alright,

That is OK with me. Discussion closed. Thanks for the reply Vishal.

8. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Tal, you could start your own article directory with that plan of yours.
    Then just put it in your signature here to get submitters.
    Your idea is sound just not meant for this forum.