Suggestions for myspace??

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by kasandrakline, Oct 29, 2009.

1. kasandrakline

kasandrakline New Member

I am new to the online marketing world of a home based business. Everyone talks about facebook, ivillage, myspace... the list goes on.... I need any advice that anyone can give to why and how these work...Thanks...
  2. BobFirestone

BobFirestone New Member

The site you mentioned are called social media for a reason. Be Social!

Use these sites to make friends new online friends and have a link to what ever you are promoting on your profile.
    Be interesting and be interested. Let your new friends decide if they are interested in what you have to offer. If you start by hitting everyone up with an offer to buy whatever you are promoting no one will want to be your friend.
  3. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

I don't do much with Myspace at all - I mainly hang out on Facebook, but it isn't for online marketing - its just for having fun with my friends. I would suggest doing an internet search for earning money using Facebook and Myspace. The big thing is to be ethical, as a lot of people use unethical tactics in these mediums - lots of it is in the form of spam.
  4. StevenMale

StevenMale New Member

Myspace and Facebook both are really just a way to get more traffic to your site. The best way to use these sites is to really just be social, talk to others and pretty much be as out there as you can. By doing this you will establish yourself in that field.

If you post a comment on someones page, everyone of that persons friends can see you and therefore can add you. It's pretty much an abstract form of viral marketing. The more you comment/post etc, the more people will see you, then add you.

The biggest thing about social media is that you don't talk about your product, if you do then make it minimal. You should have your website on your profile (for example Facebook and MySpace both give you a section to add it) and that's all. People should WANT to click your link, not click it because of your spam.

If you want a place to talk about your product or service, then make a group or a page and add your friends to it. Allow them to talk about their products and always provide valuable information to get them to come back to your group/page more than once.

Although I do have a MySpace account, I do prefer Facebook. It's just so much easier to use and to make friends on [​IMG]

Hope this helped,

Go forth and talk to people! ! !

Add me on Facebook and MySpace if you want too [​IMG]

[Links removed - Admin]
  5. GlennELee

GlennELee New Member

There's a lot of people that go about marketing on social media sites the wrong way. Most tend to spam people's walls, newsfeed, blogs, etc with marketing material and large posted ads which people may read one line for then close the window and go to the next person.

The proper way to market on social media is to actually build relationships and get people's attention. You'll want to first off find if there's a chat of some sort with the social network in question. I'm not certain about Myspace and the ilk but Facebook does seem to have a pretty decent little chat system.

What you'll want to do in Facebook is with a brand new account, fill out your profile, upload a pic of yourself or more and tell what your interests are. Then you go to groups and join at least 5 network marketing groups (keyword Network Marketing) and just sit back and let people friend you themselves, they will seek you out.

From there just chat with the people that friend you as they come online with the messenger on facebook and just chat and see how they're doing. They'll eventually start asking what you do to make money online and will eventually also sell themselves. It all just means to be friends with them.

Hope this information helps.
  6. connor_zen

connor_zen New Member

Well, whatever method you use, make sure that your bounce rate is low (bounce rate is the percentage of initial visitors to a site who "bounce" away to a different site, rather than continue on to other pages within the same site).

Use Google Analytics (it's free) to add tracking to your site, then if you use Myspace or Facebook, or just promote your work on blogs, then you can see how long people are staying. If your bounce rate is high, try making more "high quality" connections instead of just shooting updates and posts out blindly. I've been dealing with trying to lower my bounce rate for a little while now (and actually, any suggestions would be helpful), but it's definitely something to keep in mind.
  7. Jean LA

Jean LA New Member

Joining groups and discuss things within the social network can give you respect enough for other people to go to your provided and recommended links and sites. (Which will be your affiliate site)
  8. lmiller14

lmiller14 New Member

The good think about MySpace is that you can search and add friends based on their age and what they are on MySpace for.
    I choose people in my age group that are looking for networking. Keep your chat box online and chat with newbies. Get personal and build a relationship before you start to promote your business. Good luck!
  9. ImportEyedea

ImportEyedea New Member

Be social and be helpful!! Be the type of person who comes across as approachable.

I also like to use response initiation techniques in my status updates and blog titles. Anything eye catching, anything that could strike up a debate, popular news story links, things of that nature.

You want to get people talking and commenting. I usually post links to stories similar to the material I use for my email marketing. That way if people like my ideas or content, I'll know they'll enjoy the emails and I send them an invitation to join my list.

Joining or creating groups in which you offer people something useful is another way. If you are in IM products for example, you could try offering up an ebook or free software link in exchange for joining your group.

As other people have mentioned, don't abuse the privilege of promoting on social networks. No one likes the person who friends them just to talk them into a business opp. Ergo don't simply spam up your own page and the pages of others with links to signup forms.

Give people quality and you'll get it back.