Survey and Blogging Question New Here

Discussion in 'Paid Surveys' started by dayec12, Jan 7, 2009.

1. dayec12

dayec12 New Member

Hi everyone!
    I just joined today. I have been doing surveys for about 9 months now and yes I have been paid. Not enough to make a living though.

My question is If I make a blog to try and get refferals how will my survey sites know I referred the person I got to sign up??
    Do all the survey sites have an afilliate section??
    I am new to blogging. Just made my first 2.

Do I use blogger.com??

Any advice would be great!

Thanks![​IMG]

2. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Dayec,

I don't know much about surveys aside from reading about them in bits and pieces.

To find out if a site has an affiliate program, just look at the site navigation where ever it may be positioned. Be sure the check the contact page and the bottom of the page as this is where they usually have affiliate information.

Blogger is a good choice for a free platform.

~Newbie Shield~

3. Marktech

Marktech Member

dayec12: how will my survey sites know I referred the person I got to sign up??

The survey site should provide you with a 'refferal link'. A refferal link is a special link, (aka URL), that not only opens the website but also contains coded information specific to the refferer, (you in this case). Therefore the survey site, or whatever site knows who refered the visitor. You can usually tell the difference between a refferal link and a regular link because a refferal link has added special numbers or characters that are usually indecipherable to the human reader.

Some marketers use 'link cloakers' which make refferal links look more like regular web URLs - (Uniform Resource Locator).

4. happygal

happygal Member

Most survey sites don't have affiliate programs, but some do. Like the above poster said, simply check out the links within the site to see if they offer any kind of a program.

And I do my survey blog on blogger and like it.

5. Sonni

Sonni New Member

Yes NS is right Blogger would be the one since Wordpress.com does not allow affiliate links. You can buy your own domain and still use Blogger if you don't like blogspot in your url. And you could do a Squidoo lens too.
    Sonni

6. dayec12

dayec12 New Member

Thanks for all the info!!

I looked at alot of my survey sites and alot of them dont have affiliate links.
    So, when I make my blog and try to get people to sign up, how does the survey company know I am the one who refered that person? If there isn't any refferal links?

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks

Daye

7. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Daye,

You'd have to have a referral code in your link to get credit for a sign up.

There would have to either be an affiliate program or an MLM-like referral program in place.

If they don't have one today, you can ask them if they would consider creating one. If they agree, it may take months but may be worth the wait.

I've done this before with success and became the first affiliate of a certain site. Mountain has done this with a different site as well.

If you do suggest it, be prepared to offer some guidance by fielding questions they may have. I had to help out quite a bit after I asked a webmaster to create an affiliate program so that I could promote his product.

He asked a lot of questions and luckily I knew the answers. He wanted to know how to set it up, how much to charge, how much to pay his affiliates, etc

Now I make commissions from his excellent product and we are both happy. Though I was the first affiliate, he now has several affiliates.

He treats me well because I helped him set up his affiliate program and have helped him with coding and have been there for him to offer feedback on changes to his site. I don't mind. He's a good guy with a great product.

Good luck,

~Newbie Shield~

8. RyanMis

RyanMis Guest

there should be a link within the web address that directs clickbank ro post a credit to your account

9. kristan

kristan New Member

You'll only get a credit if the company offers an affiliate program. Clickbank doesn't offer these types of programs for survey companies, unless its to sell a paid directory. Try checking out commission junction and Roirocket. Also, check out the main page for the survey companies as well for links that say 'affiliates' or 'partner'.

I have a few affiliate links, but most of them are direct links. I like sharing both, if they've paid, because it helps people in the long run and there's no reason to keep the info from people- it defeats the purpose of sharing and helping!

10. happygal

happygal Member

I agree...I choose to share both the sites that offer referral payments as well as those that don't. My perspective is that if I am truly sharing information, I need to do it honestly, even if it doesn't benefit me. So no, if the sites don't offer an incentive for referring people they won't necessarily know that you referred them because it doesn't matter to them.

11. jusfrm

jusfrm New Member

Hi happy gal,
    I read ur blog, and i found it very useful. Can i pls suggest any site for indians?
    Thanx

12. samda

samda Member

You will be provided with a referral code. Use url shrinker and shrink the url. Or people will find them as your affiliate and neglect it. Now host a blog and drive traffic. In this way you will be able to make refs.