Taking a Break

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by mountainmom5, Aug 22, 2011.

1. mountainmom5 Gold Member

We all need to take a break every so often - our oldest son got married this month so I took the month off from most of my internet marketing... except for some outsourcing I do with backlinking etc... where all I had to do was take about a min to add my sites to 50 directories. I like to do that every week or so.

It was actually kinda good for me - but the wedding is past now and I am chomping at the bit to get back to writing. Nice thing is that my adsense and traffic kept increasing nicely despite me not adding content. [IMG]
  2. A8ch Gold Member

mountainmom5: We all need to take a break every so often... so I took the month off from most of my internet marketing... Nice thing is that my adsense and traffic kept increasing nicely despite me not adding content.
    Good for you! Don't you just love that cool benefit of online marketing? Being able to take your foot off the pedal for an extended period and still enjoy the rewards of the momentum you've created is very satisfying.

Way to go, Viola!

Hermas
  3. Vishal P. Rao Administrator

Cheers Viola [IMG] I'm sure the break has given a significant boost to your creativity.
  4. FreeCashMan Active Member

Enjoying life is important. We often forget, "IT" will be there when we get back.

Continued prosperity.
  5. happywife Gold Member

Hey Viola,

Congrats on your boy's wedding. I hope you were able to enjoy it as "mother of the groom" without too much stress. [IMG] I'm also so pleased for you to hear that your business is continuing to grow. What a blessing!

I had a 2 month "break" myself this summer and now am ready to jump back into the deep end. There sure is a backlog to catch up on, but once I get myself into the "zone" hopefully I'll back into a good productive routine.

You're new acquisition is looking pretty good. All the best to your continued growth and success.
    Blessings,
    Angie
  6. mountainmom5 Gold Member

Thanks guys! (and gals [IMG] ) I better get oober busy the next few years so when the grandbabies come I can totally enjoy them. [IMG]
  7. talfighel Silver Member

The benefits of an online business is that when everything pretty much works for you on auto-pilot, you can take some time off and still make money without you being there all the time.

You can take a few days off and still make money.
  8. Just2EZ Gold Member

mountainmom5: We all need to take a break every so often
    How true! If only for 5 minutes we need to relax, re-focus and adjust our goals.
    I will take your advice - someday - too busy going in circles right now.[IMG]

Congrats on getting a new daughter, hope she is good to her new mom, and man.
    All too soon you'll have an empty nest and a bunch of grandkids to babysit.
    Good thing your income will continue to build on it's own so you can spoil them.
    It's so fun to get even with your kids.
  9. mountainmom5 Gold Member

Just2EZ: It's so fun to get even with your kids.
    haha - you have no idea! They actually plan to travel first though, they say , after their Cancun honeymoon, as they are missionaries. So we will see. I am happy for them and hope to make lots of money so I can help support them as they make a difference wherever they go. [IMG]
  10. happywife Gold Member

mountainmom5: so when the grandbabies come I can totally enjoy them.
    Oooohh! Grandbabies! How fun that will be! Life is really rather wonderful, isn't it?!