tax assessment SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by weebitty, Mar 24, 2010.

1. weebitty

weebitty Member

http://kdrv.com/news/local/167431 Here is the televised segment of the tax assessment scam. The letter is an offical looking tax document asking for 189.00 to reassess your property taxes. It is a fraud. The letter is coming out of CAlifornia and it is hitting us here in Oregon. If you get a letter like that call your tax dept right away and let them know it is hitting your area too. Don't fall for it. I am sending an e-mail to all my address book as well. Please pass the word save your friends from this. I am sure it will spread to other states as well. It claims it will save you like 1900.00 on your property taxes.

2. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

It is kind of scary that people will do everything and anything to scam others for money. It is a total shame.

Tal

3. dougster77

dougster77 New Member

Some people have no morals what so ever. I wonder how they sleep at night?

4. weebitty

weebitty Member

I would imagine that these people sleep just fine. They don't have a consience or they wouldn't do what they are doing. They don't care about anyone else but themselves.[​IMG]

5. onera

onera New Member

Most people in most businesses will do every thing to squeeze every bit of money from their customers. Like

banks
    credit card companies
    phone companies
    and much more

But some people are outright scams.

Here is a story: When Scam is a Business Strategy

Recently Citi bank sent me a letter informing me that I needed to pay $60 annual fee for their visa credit card. I called them and told them that they are advertising cards for no annual fees in their website and I want to change my card to one of those no annual fee card.

My balance is zero. So, that should not be a problem. But they refused to do that. She said those cards may also incur annual fees in the future.

The trick they are using is once you have a balance and you're not paying off the entire balance when it is due, they will change the no annual fee card to an annual fee card. If you're not able to pay all your balances, you will be stuck with the annual fee.

I think it's a scam but the so called TV experts (most of them are scammers by themselves and that is another story for another day) argue that it is a business strategy. Go figure.

As I did not have a balance, I cancelled my card.

The moral of the story: When a reputable business pull a subtle scam, it's business strategy.

6. weebitty

weebitty Member

Yes and people are pulling their money out of big banks now and putting them into smaller personal banks and credit unions. They are tired of the big banks calling all the shots!!! I am very glad to see this. americans are finally standing up for themselves and it is about time[​IMG]

7. bosco

bosco New Member

weebitty: Yes and people are pulling their money out of big banks now and putting them into smaller personal banks and credit unions. They are tired of the big banks calling all the shots!!! I am very glad to see this. americans are finally standing up for themselves and it is about time

Yep, I did that with Bank of America. Now I"m with a local credit union that is open to everyone, incidentally.

I highly recommend googling and watching the documentary, Zeitgeist: Addendum

The entire Federal Reserve (neither federal or with any reserves) was set up to make debtors of us all, and to transfer the wealth to the ruling class.

Also look up, Creature From Jekyl Island

This is a generational thing where the elite bluebloods keep it in the family. In fact, geneology has proven that elites including some politicians and celebrities have ancestors that were royalty thousands of years ago, and indeed are related to contemporary royalty, like the Windsors of England.

This rabbit hole runs DEEP.