The #1 reason people fail to make money online is....?

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by Sherrod, Sep 27, 2010.

1. webgenie New Member

For me the struggle has been information overload and there are so many options, from how to market, to how to sell, to how to advertise, to what to sell, arggg! And on top of it, everyone is trying to sell to you at the same time - which is totally distracting in itself. I am trying really hard to stay focused and work on just 2 or 3 products and 2 or 3 methods to "get the word out" til I get a grip on all of this.
  2. joaotextor New Member

For what I'm seeing here, the most common problem is information overload. Me and so many other people know what I'm talking about.
    I've started with online business like 3 or 4 years ago, and until last week I've earned only $10 dollars. This week I've earned more $13 - I know, but it's my first week doing the hard work.

The reason I've never been able to make money online before is this exactly reason - Information overload.
  3. happywife Gold Member

joaotextor: I've started with online business like 3 or 4 years ago, and until last week I've earned only $10 dollars. This week I've earned more $13 - I know, but it's my first week doing the hard work.
    Congrats! So what if it's a small start. It's a start! [IMG] Now that you have learned that something you are doing works, you can put more effort into that particular method.

Information overload was a problem for me when I first started too, but once I found a program/method that I felt confident was legitimate and proven, I tuned out everything else and just focused on it exclusively. That turned out to be the secret to success for me.

When I run in too many directions at once, I get nothing done! [IMG]

Hoping you continue to see results for your efforts.
    Blessings,
    Angie
  4. hb2341 New Member

I have also fell into some of the traps. The one click wonder, ultimate overnight pay out software advertisements. I look at them as a stepping stones, painful at times but a good lesson in what not to do. As many of these posts state, and I agree, it takes time and you need a mentor whom you can trust to point you in a direction and keep you going. Great topic!
  5. Wonni New Member

For about 2 years I have been trying to find a program that fits my needs and the worse for me was that everybody seems to make unrealistic promises. It's particularly hard when you've got your back against the wall financially. About 10 days ago I found something that looks promising, so cross fingers. It would be so nice to make the first few dollars.
  6. Kris M New Member

They give up too easily! I've never thought that I would make money online. Now, I'm earning enough money which allows me to travel whenever I want to. I am far from being rich though. I am still pushing very hard to reach my goals!