The 5 Bucks A Day Concept

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by getagrip, Feb 6, 2007.

1. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

I recently read an ebook called "5 Bucks A Day", which has a really cool concept:

Ceate 1 income stream earning $5 bucks a day, and earn $1,825 a year. Create 100 $5 bucks a day income streams and earn $182,500 a year...

The reason I'm writing this post in the "ideas" section of the forum is because I think it is possible to use the 5 Bucks A Day concept to generate some money making ideas. So, if you have an idea on how to make $5 bucks a day, on or off line, post it here! With enough $5 a day ideas, someone in reading this post might eventually be able to quit their day job!

2. Chaz T

Chaz T New Member

Yeah I've heard of the $5 concept. And I've also heard of it in different increments also. I think it's a hip concept and has alot of potential if you can hit the right market and product.

I'm actually working on a project using some similar methods so I'm curious to see how it turns out.

3. pcwork

pcwork New Member

The problem is that there are only 24 hours in a day, finding time for each income stream will be difficult

4. Chaz T

Chaz T New Member

Bad News: We have 24 hours to make this happen!

Good News: We have 24 hours to make this happen!

The Difference.........perspective.

5. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Quoting: pcworkThe problem is that there are only 24 hours in a day, finding time for each income stream will be difficult

Like Chaz T said, that depends on your perspective, and it really depends on how much maintenence is required on the income stream after you set it up.

For example, if it takes you 5 hours PER DAY to run an income stream that earns $5 a day, that isn't profitable.

However, if it takes you 5 hours of INITIAL set up time to set up an income stream that earns $5 per day, BUT requires little maintenance after the INITIAL set up, then you are going to earn $1,825 for that initial 5 hours of work, and occasional maintenance.

THAT, my friend, is what the 5 Bucks A Day guy is talking about.[​IMG]

6. Chaz T

Chaz T New Member

Great example getagrip!

7. Homeboy

Homeboy New Member

This is why income streams need to be as automated as possible. This is why bum marketers make so much money because they write an article, stick in an affiliate link, and just forget about it and move on to the next one, earning passive residual income.

Personally, I will not touch an income stream unless I know I can eventually let it run all by itself, leaving me free to move on to the next idea, otherwise you'll just get bogged down trying to manage everything....

Just my $0.02 [​IMG]

8. 040107

040107 Member

Yeah, when your perspective changes, so is your focus and everything else.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. opendomain

opendomain New Member

great idea in concept. and in practicality.
    5$ a day I i'm slated to do that in my downline alone here in the next few days assuming signups keep up. Beyond that I use hits4pay. Don't laugh, but it does work. IT DID TAKE SOME EFFORT upfront, like about a weeks worth of HARD campaigning, but now i range from 2-6 bucks a day with this in addition to it being a great source of where many of my leads have come from. Same with hmail. I have a link in my sig for the hits 4 pay and i'm just about done with the instruction page for setting up a downline and getting it to work for you. These should be up by this week sometime. Both concepts are very easy and once you set them up you can let them run. hits4pay i check my online inbox like once every 3-4 days and just do all my emails at once. Today i had 36 sites to look at, but with the the advent of "right click, open in new window" i cleared those out in like 4 minutes.

There's one way to do it. my homepage works similart to this idea and uses GDI as an anchor of sorts.

10. Marktech

Marktech Member

I almost bought that program plus the extra goodies from the creator of Bum Marketing - Travis Sago. Had too many other stuff going on.

Doesn't the program it's self provide plenty of $5 dollar a day ideas? If not, I'm glad I didn't get it.

11. knslms

knslms New Member

Gotta sleep and eat and have family time. it would have to be automated which takes a lot experience to master

12. BillyPilgrim

BillyPilgrim New Member

I love Bum Marketing but the problem is unless you are using tiny niches your articles WILL fall of the first page. That's why I went for a more long term approach.

BP

13. Cakmmes

Cakmmes New Member

Finding myself recently laid off and things not looking so good, I have turned to the internet. Many opportunities and most I have found out are a bunch of bs. As it goes it seems that being an affiliate is probably the best way to get ahead. My question is "how the hell am I supposed to make money on other peoples stuff"? I have read some ebooks on the marketing thing and for the life of me I cant figure out how the heck Im supposed to get people to these websites or how to get them to buy someone elses product?

What is adsense and how do i profit from it?
    I read alot about sending emails to my "list". What list?
    What is it that I am trying to promote? An ebook on marketing? Someones overnight money making tip?

I need a hug!

14. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Cakmmes: My question is "how the hell am I supposed to make money on other peoples stuff"? I have read some ebooks on the marketing thing and for the life of me I cant figure out how the heck Im supposed to get people to these websites or how to get them to buy someone elses product?

What is adsense and how do i profit from it?
    I read alot about sending emails to my "list". What list?
    What is it that I am trying to promote? An ebook on marketing? Someones overnight money making tip?

I need a hug!
    Consider yourself hugged!

I know what you are feeling. I felt a bit like that when I first started looking online to try to make some extra money. It was all so confusing and overwhelming. I had zero experience and felt like almost everything I came across was a big scam.

Fortunately, I persevered and weeded through the rubble to find some honest material that would help me understand and implement the whole affiliate marketing thing.

I'll send you a private message with the first affiliate marketing course (free) that really made sense to me and set me off in the right direction. (Check your private messages using the link at the top of the page after you've logged in).

Anyway, I'd steer clear of trying to promote ebooks on marketing, etc., especially if you have no understanding of the product. It's hard to 'presell' unless you are sold yourself and really think the product is great.

There are different ways to 'do' affiliate marketing. You can write articles or reviews or classified ads about some product and then leave an affiliate link to the products sales page.

If you want to use Adsense to make money, you really need some type of site of your own. You can write a blog or build a web site on a particular topic. Then when you sign up for Adsense, Google gives you a code that you place on your site - you can see them on this site - that's Adsense. You then get some of the advertising income when visitors click on the ads.

List? You build a list by offering something to your site visitors. In my case I offer a newsletter on my chocolate site. On my parasites site I offer a newsletter and a free book download on "Cleansing Your Body and Colon." When people sign up for your newsletter, etc., their email is added to your "list." You can then offer future products or services to them via email as time goes on.

It was all a blur to me getting started, and quite frankly, way over my head. I read the affiliate course I mentioned and eventually joined SBI which is a step by step site building program that walks you through the whole process of building a content based niche (topic) web site. It's so well presented with all the tools integrated in place that even I could do it. [​IMG]

I've built three sites so far, using that program. It does the job if I do the work. No matter what avenue of online marketing you pursue, you are the one that has to put in the work if you want to see profit down the track.

Well, I hope that simplifies things a little better for you. There is no way any of this could be explained in detail in one forum post, but I hope you get a little clarity.

Blessings,
    Angie

15. TTrimarche

TTrimarche New Member

I think trying to maintain 100 5$ streams would be wayyyyyy too much effort.

16. arcade

arcade New Member

It makes sence, spending 5 hours a day for a site that will take little or no maintance could earn you $5 a day for years to come then it is deffenlty well worth the 5 hours per day.

Thanks for sharing that with us getagrip.

Regards,
    Wayne

17. samda

samda Member

Please tell me what is BUM marketing. I am new to this word. Also say me what is 5 bucks a day concept. Any reality works that are available that falls in this category...?

18. RockOnLily

RockOnLily New Member

BUM marketing.. is that like marketing for dummies ? LoL! Because thats the book I need.

The $5 a day concept sounds great. I believe that you get out what you put in, and this goes for all things in life, not just business. With enough dedication and persistance you can make it work (whatever it is) and be able to sit back, relax, and watch the money roll in.

But then again, what do I know.. I'm gunna go find a copy of Marketing for Dummies now..

19. jazzfranklin

jazzfranklin New Member

The $5 a day concept, BUM marketing, and recently i have seen "Niche Marketing on Crack" ........ Not what you first think.

With all these different systems, concepts, products and websites it can get confusing at first. My personal advice to any one starting out is don't spend any money. Research is number one, sign up for all the newsletters watch all the videos all of this is free. There is hundreds of hours of video out there which has solid content and will help you with out having to spend a dime.
    Free ebooks videos read them all and take notes along the way. but you don't have to buy into this product or that product yet. Just soak up as much variety of free info as you can before diving into anything.

20. 040107

040107 Member

TTrimarche: I think trying to maintain 100 5$ streams would be wayyyyyy too much effort.

Then cut that down to 50 $5/day ($250/day) streams of income [​IMG])
    If you think that is still too much work, cut that in half ($125/day) [​IMG]
    Still too much work? Maintain 12 $5/day streams for $62.50/day [​IMG]
    Still too much? Cut in half to 6 $5/day streams for $31.25/day [​IMG]

However, the point is...
    getagrip: However, if it takes you 5 hours of INITIAL set up time to set up an income stream that earns $5 per day, BUT requires little maintenance after the INITIAL set up, then you are going to earn $1,825 for that initial 5 hours of work, and occasional maintenance.

I would be happy to work a few hours a week in my pajamas to
    maintain my income of $15,000/month. Wouldn't you?

Once you become good at what you do, you also tend to become
    more efficient so you spend less time doing it. Also you can start
    leveraging by having other people working for you. Tools are also
    available to automate your business process.

I cringe when I hear comments like "Do I have to have a website?",
    "Do I have to learn HTML?", "Do I have to recruit people?", etc.

What do you think?

I see a great deal of people wanting the big money but not wanting
    to do the work. Instead, they want to make their dreams come
    true by doing "paid surveys".

Dream on people....