The business model. Does it work?

Discussion in 'ASD - Ad Surf Daily' started by mrich87, Aug 8, 2008.

1. mrich87

mrich87 New Member

Hello everyone,

What a storied two weeks. Seems like I can't get enough information.

I have a question and I'm asking that EVERYONE respond.

I signed up with Andy Bowdoin because I truely believed in a lot of the business model and that it could work. I still do believe in the business model.

I'm just curious with everything that has gone on, how you all feel about it? Do you believe the business model has credence? What did you think should have been changed, if anything, to make it fundamentally better?

I really look forward to your though out responses.

Thanks,

Mike

2. RickKelley

RickKelley New Member

Mike,

I don't think it is a time or place to be discussing the business model. We all know that it is being discussed in detail right now.

Possibly thoughts could be sent to ASD, but I wouldn't suggest posting them here.

3. mrich87

mrich87 New Member

RickKelley: Mike,

I don't think it is a time or place to be discussing the business model. We all know that it is being discussed in detail right now.

Possibly thoughts could be sent to ASD, but I wouldn't suggest posting them here.

Thanks Rick,

I appreciate your comment.

If anyone is comfortable posting them here, great. I fnot, send me a PM.

Mike

4. opendomain

opendomain New Member

I AM NOT AN ASD MEMBER!!!
    BUT based on what I know and what I've been told and read(as I was considering becomeng a member last weekend before everything happend) I think the math of it all didn't work, as I've posted before.

Because you could make more than you put in through rebates there had to be a way to fund this 25% they were liable to pay out. Regardless of caps the bottom line remained that potentially 125% of everything that went in was needed to be available to come out.

I'm willing to be this is what's getting them in trouble.
    $1 in
    $1.25 out.

At what point would they have ever been able to cover?

Again, this was found through my DD prior to me getting in on a phone call the weekend everything happend.

But as I am not a member please don't take these statements to be fact, only opinion from an outside source who needed more information.

5. 1Cool7Deuce

1Cool7Deuce Guest

Mike and All:

Most ASD Members have decided to defer those questions to the Attorney Group which is now helping the ASD Members at this time.

The best course of action is not to discuss issues which are being identified by the ASD Member lawyers.

Also, other sources now exist for concerned members to obtain updated information.

Ad Surf Daily.

The New Breakfast Club.

6. Kinglions175

Kinglions175 New Member

Some people put money into A.S.D. but never surfed, put on there own business website, etc. I bet people that fell into this category is definitely higher than you would think.

7. money4nothing

money4nothing New Member

posted on another forum.....interesting....

Consider the ASD buisness model....hauntingly familiar....

How Do You Know if an Autosurf Program Is Legitimate?

Here are four important questions to ask:

1. Are the payouts high?
    If you are promised unusually high earnings, be VERY skeptical.(125% disguised as 'rebates')

2. Do you need to invest your money to autosurf?
    In general, you should never have to pay to get a job. Again, be very skeptical if you are asked to pay or invest to join. (free to join,but no 'rebates' paid unless you buy(invest) ad packages).Adding to this...if it was free to join and earn 'credits' to advertise your buisness,then why pay for any 'advertising packages' at all!

3. Where is the money to pay you coming from?
    Is it coming from advertisers paying the autosurf company or from other members' fees?(apparently there are 400 corperations on board,unfortunatley nobody knows who they are?so I suspect the money is coming from 'new members')

4. Are the payouts related to what you are doing?
    Why should you earn more money for viewing the same ads if you have more money invested in the program? (After all, advertisers don't get more benefit if you've invested more money.)

Caveat: You can always ignore good testimonials in deciding whether or not something is a Ponzi scam. Ponzi scams DO pay their early members (usually outrageous amounts), so Ponzi scams will have great testimonials. Ponzi scams fall apart when not enough new members join or when there are complaints that generate investigations -- that's when people stop getting paid and millions of dollars are often lost.

8. tmorrison

tmorrison Member

ASD has a huge captive audience that views my site daily for 15 seconds or more. I believe that purchasing advertising space on Google and Yahoo is no different than purchasing advertising space on Adsurfdaily...Is Google a fraud as well for selling advertising space...I am purchasing the same service with ASD and that is "ADVERTISING." As for the rebate program; it is similar to any "rewards program"...For example - Millions and Millions of people apply for a Credit Card these days because they are enticed by their offers like a 1% cash rebate/rewards for all your shopping goods. In other words credit card companies are now paying consumers a rebate to shop and charge on their credit cards. This Credit Card 1% Cash Back rebate payout is mainly supported by credit card holders charging or paying their debts...Well ASD rewards you for advertising your site with them...Whats the difference? For the most part Credit Card Companies put millions of people more in debt every single day with their cash back rebate programs while AdSurfDaily works to assist the small, medium, & large business with their advertising dollars.

This ingenious system is the most innovative marketing method to be developed in years. It gives most entrepreneurs a huge break on the cost of their advertising and no matter how much they have to begin advertising with, the budget can develop into serious advertising dollars in a fairly short amount of time. This program is a much more cost effective method for continuing to advertise your business than more conventional methods.

So in conclusion, there are many ways to advertise your business, but the AdSurfDaily system is the most cost effective and efficient advertising medium available today. I never for one bit saw anything deceptive about ASD and I clearly read the Terms and Conditons before I joined.

9. wahm253

wahm253 New Member

ASD has a huge captive audience that views my site daily for 15 seconds or more. I believe that purchasing advertising space on Google and Yahoo is no different than purchasing advertising space on Adsurfdaily...Is Google a fraud as well for selling advertising space

Google gets their advertising exposure through NATURAL clicking, the latter does it through clicking through a "click machine".

Though, you are killing 2 birds with one stone by getting your site exposed, however, who are trying to kid here? You know you're in it for the money, your website exposure is just a "side thing".

If not you, then to most people.

Now people are defending themselves by saying, "I don't care about the money, I just want my website exposed" Unnaturally, of course.

Heck, apparently there was this new deal where ASD "Teaming up" with Google and their adsense by saying to ASD members to put up adsense ads on their sites then "Clicking" on them to give them more revenue (possible outside revenue for ASD)

This is CLICK FRAUD according to the Google Adsense TOS.

Here was the email that went out to people:

Months ahead of schedule Google and ASD Offer Universe are now teaming
    up to show Google ads on the site. Google, after seeing all of the
    major advertisers already being shown on www.asdofferuniverse.com
    agreed to enter into a relationship with ASD. This is a huge
    development because ASD is PAID every time someone just CLICKS on one
    of the Google ads on the top of each category page. You, as an ASD
    member can now simply click on the Google ad that you are interested
    in without even having to buy a thing or fill out a lead and ASD is
    paid.

This is really big news for ASD. The additional revenue will ensure
    that ASD will be able to pay members their rebates for years to come.
    And it lends HUGE credibility to ASD. Google wouldn't get involved
    with just any company. The fact that Google is teaming up with ASD
    proves that this business model is valid and sustainable.

No, they were just trying to fool people into thinking it was a valid BM.

10. tmorrison

tmorrison Member

wahm253: Google gets their advertising exposure through NATURAL clicking, the latter does it through clicking through a "click machine".

Though, you are killing 2 birds with one stone by getting your site exposed,

Thanks for substantiating my argument...In this case I am advertising and have the potential of earning a rebate on my advertising dollars...

Whats wrong with killing two birds with one stone this way...

Bottom line its still advertising services we are talking about...

11. mrich87

mrich87 New Member

Thanks everyone! Keep the comments coming or if you prefer, use the PM.

Thanks,

Mike

12. kec

kec New Member

mrich87: Thanks everyone! Keep the comments coming or if you prefer, use the PM.

Thanks,

Mike

The program ANDY always wanted to become. I'm having a conference call on Sunday to show you how it's different, why it's legal, and why you will be blown away when you see it - free membership required.

How is this different? I looked on the link, it smells and quacks like asd. Can you give some further info that clearly distinguishes it from asd? More might be interested if there was a clear distinction.

13. mrich87

mrich87 New Member

kec: How is this different? I looked on the link, it smells and quacks like asd. Can you give some further info that clearly distinguishes it from asd? More might be interested if there was a clear distinction.

Hi kec,

Thanks for your email. Just a couple of comments.

It smells like ASD? I guess on the surface I understand why you might think that, but there are a couple of obvious differences.

Per Ad Sales Daily terms:

Commissions: Will be paid out ONLY when, and if, there are monies in the "Members Daily Balance".

Open Book: "Members Daily Balance" is located on the history page, under the section called "System Status". When any Advertising Package is purchased, ONLY 50% is added to the "Members Daily Balance."

No daily compounding of ads - there is clearly an exit point.

No guarantee of when your ads will expire.

No guaranteed percentage of revenue payouts, i.e., 1% / .5%.

Now my trivial thoughts:

The website actually works and shows MUCH more information than ASD was providing. It's quick too.

I encourage you to do your DD. Sign up for free and let me know if you are interested in the conference call to learn more.

mrich87 @ yahoo . com

14. iggyigette

iggyigette New Member

Interesting site Mike...seems like an "upgraded" version of ASD as far as a "More Focused" type of advertising based on Locality, Zip Code, etc..

The one concern I have is that it is a completely "Virtual" corporation without a real corporate address (other than a P.O. Box) and No Telephone numbers listed at all - at least I couldn't find one on the site.

15. mrich87

mrich87 New Member

iggyigette: Interesting site Mike...seems like an "upgraded" version of ASD as far as a "More Focused" type of advertising based on Locality, Zip Code, etc..

The one concern I have is that it is a completely "Virtual" corporation without a real corporate address (other than a P.O. Box) and No Telephone numbers listed at all - at least I couldn't find one on the site.

Iggy,

My thoughts exactly, but.... the company is small right now... less than 450 members, so I'm sure that in time, that information will be coming.

Mike

16. phiwilli

phiwilli New Member

wahm253: Heck, apparently there was this new deal where ASD "Teaming up" with Google and their adsense by saying to ASD members to put up adsense ads on their sites then "Clicking" on them to give them more revenue (possible outside revenue for ASD)

This was not ASD telling people to do that. The person was a third party company. When ASD was made aware of what was happening, they severed ties with the company.

17. wahm253

wahm253 New Member

phiwilli: This was not ASD telling people to do that. The person was a third party company. When ASD was made aware of what was happening, they severed ties with the company.

ASD should have done their homework BEFORE being made aware of it. Heck, even I know this.

I also a new marketing ploy implemented these days is, "Convince the customer that the scam is not a scam."

18. TommyT

TommyT New Member

mrich87: It smells like ASD? I guess on the surface I understand why you might think that, but there are a couple of obvious differences.

Per Ad Sales Daily terms:

Commissions: Will be paid out ONLY when, and if, there are monies in the "Members Daily Balance".

Open Book: "Members Daily Balance" is located on the history page, under the section called "System Status". When any Advertising Package is purchased, ONLY 50% is added to the "Members Daily Balance."

No daily compounding of ads - there is clearly an exit point.

No guarantee of when your ads will expire.

No guaranteed percentage of revenue payouts, i.e., 1% / .5%.

Does this mean (in your opinion) that adsurfdaily was in a fact a scam because of the fact that they did not adhere to the criteria that Ad Sales Daily is promoting? You are promoting the "improvements" to Ad Sales Daily versus Ad Surf Daily, so the message that I am getting is that Ad Surf was a flawed business model otherwise why you point out the distinctions between the two?

One example: You stated: No daily compounding of ads - there is clearly an exit point. Does this mean that Adsurfdaily did not clearly have an exit point?

Also you stated: No guaranteed percentage of revenue payouts, i.e., 1% / .5% Does this mean that Adsurfdaily DID guarantee a percentage of revenue payouts?

The fact that you said there are obvious differences between these programs leads me to beleive that Ad Sales Daily capitalizes on where Adsurfdaily went wrong (otherwise why would you point out the "advantages" of this "new and improved" business known as Ad Sales Daily? Just trying to understand, please correct me if I misunderstand. Thanks!

19. mrich87

mrich87 New Member

TommyT: Does this mean (in your opinion) that adsurfdaily was in a fact a scam because of the fact that they did not adhere to the criteria that Ad Sales Daily is promoting?

Hi Tommy,

Thanks for your comment. Did I think Andy's company was a scam? No I didn't. I lost money that I was counting on for advertising my website (or it appears that I won't be seeing it anytime soon). I still think it has validity if they can figure out other streams of income to pump back into the company. It's a long shot, but we may see it back one day, but not in the format that those of us who were members recall it being.

TommyT: One example: You stated: No daily compounding of ads - there is clearly an exit point. Does this mean that Adsurfdaily did not clearly have an exit point?

In my opinion, this was the question that was always up in the air with Adsurfdaily. When do you take your refunds? Do you let your ad packs build up to 12,000 as Adsurfdaily recommended? Do you take 20% each day and put it in your cash account, or do you roll that over.

TommyT: Also you stated: No guaranteed percentage of revenue payouts, i.e., 1% / .5% Does this mean that Adsurfdaily DID guarantee a percentage of revenue payouts?

Tommy, I hate to answer a question with another question, but did you think Adsurfdaily guaranteed payouts?

Do I think this is the answer? I don't know if it's going to be right for everyone, but from what I see so far and in my opinion this company is farther ahead than Adsurfdaily was.

I appreciate your comments. Have a great day.

Mike

My disclaimer:

As for Ad Sales Daily, Inc I joined on 8/8/08 as a free member. The company was formed in March, 2008 and at the time of this has less than 450 members.

I'm happy to try and answer any questions that you may have, but ultimately you need to do your own DD.

20. nkelly

nkelly New Member

Does anyone know anything about Ad Cash Generator (http:www.adcashincome.com)? It appears to be related to ASD but nobody has ever mentioned it before.