The Inside Scoop on the CSG

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by ateamfuntimer, May 30, 2007.

1. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Rhonda have you tried any of the leads from DFI yet? I haven't BUT will be on the call tonight to hear Catherine.

Terri
  2. rhondap

rhondap New Member

Quoting: luvtravelRhonda have you tried any of the leads from DFI yet? I haven't BUT will be on the call tonight to hear Catherine.

Terri

Catherine is very good!

Rhonda
  3. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Quoting: rhondap do however want to work leads that are responsive, want to hear and take a look at what I have to offer and at least have 2 nickels to rub together or know where to get them if needed. Granted all of them don't have to be that way but more than half should be.

Hi Rhonda,

Take a look at coastal budget leads dot com. I've been using them for 5 years and they offer a great value for the money. They are true wholesale leads. You'll find they are of the same quality as a CEM lead, but without the high price.

Jay NaPier
  4. Alex Reynolds

Alex Reynolds New Member

Quoting: jnapierThe training event they are having in Las Vegas is $299 per person and does not include lodging or meals.

The Event included 3 full days of training from the best in the industry. Our feedback survey indicated that 100% of attendees felt they received a value equal to, or greater than the $300 ticket price.

What makes this worse is that FEW realize that they are making 50% of all the products sold at the event. So, if you went and bought a program from Mark Victor Hansen for $500 - They get $250.

This is ridiculous and completely false. Mark Victor Hansen spoke at our event for free. He is then given the green light to sell his products to our members. This is the industry standard. Please refrain from making false accusations unless you have some proof. I have been reading this forum and actually laughing out loud at some of the claims being made by former CSG members who found a great deal of success in our system.

Alexandra Reynolds
    CSG Director of Communications
  5. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Perhaps this may shed some light on this:

http://www.thespeakersgroup.com/speaker_180.html

http://www.speaking.com/speakers/markvictorhansen.html

$$$$ $20,001 - $40,000

Mark Victor Hansen
    Co-Creator of the Best-Selling Series Chicken Soup For The Soul

Topics
    Chicken Soup For The Soul
    The One Minute Millionaire
    Choosing Your Own Greatness
    How to Become a No-Limit Person
    Self-Motivation and Beyond

Travels From
    CA

Fee Range
    $$$$

Speakers Fee Ranges: A - $3,500 & Less, B - $3,501 - $7,000, C - $7,001 - $10,000, D - $10,001 - $20,000, E - $20,001 & More Ranges

Mark Victor Hansen is in the D - $10,001 - $20,000 fee range.

No matter what the contract said, I've heard Mark speek twice this year - Both were basically the same speech. Paid $99 the first time at Jeffery Combs More Heart Than Talent and he spoke at his "Mega Book Marketing" event in Las Angles as well.

Jay NaPier
  6. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Many people myself being one of them found great success with the CSG. I have never denied that. What I have said is that there are other more affordable options out there. Forums like this enlighten members and potential clients on the other options. I have stated and will continue to state that the CSG in my opinion has missed the mark and has begun to focus on what I think is a bad trend. That is of pushing training over the product. Again this is my opinion. You can make up your own mind. I will continue to be a beacon of truth as I have had been in the past. With the same vigor that I promoted the CSG in the past I will promote to other options in the future. This is not a knock on Coastal Vacations at all. I know that Coastal Vacation Rocks!!!

Adam
  7. rsbrhino

rsbrhino New Member

Jay, you are touting the BOD, however they are not charging $150 for a ONE DAY EVENT. They have gone from $99 for three days to $150 for ONE DAY.

Jay, it seems to me you have a bit of a problem with math analysis!
  8. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Sorrry rsbrhino,

Let's really get to the meat of the issue. The Official Coastal Event here in Nashville on September 8th is $150. There has been a bit of an increase in the price - primarily because the Board of Directors have eliminated all the "fluff" that many would skip and invested more in the training offered.

While I did enjoy the 3 day events in Orlando - let's face it, there are other places we all should see.

Pat Mesiti will be presenting his Millionaire Training on Saturday Night, which in itself with worth over $150.

Jay NaPier
    Level 3 Director/ Master Trainer
    Coastal Vacations
  9. rhondap

rhondap New Member

$150 is not a bad price for a company sponsored training event. I've seen some for over $200 with other companies.

Rhonda
  10. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Just recently the CSG made an announcement that they circulated to their members. It talked about negative comments in forums and members that at one time used their service and are now knocking it. Isnt this something that happens in business all the time. People use a product but then the product changes and they dont like it anymore and then voice their opinion on it. CSG was a different entity when I had my success with it. I am not at all knocking their program just saying it doesnt work for enough people for me. Here are the reasons.

1- The focus is too much on training and not enough on the product itself.

2- Their systems are overpriced when compared to the rest of the market. Their basic system while its a good one is more expensive than most others upgraded system.

3- Their vendors for leads are overpriced as well. Even in this forum many have talked about inexpensive lead providers that are better in price than CEM and Responsive Data.

So as I speak about the CSG it is not out of negative feelings ( which by the way I do have ) but rather from facts. The CSG is a more expensive option for most people. If you could buy a brand new Porshe and in one lot it was $50,000 and the other lot the same model, color and year Porshe was $40,000 where would you buy it?

For that reason I say if you are looking at Coastal then the CSG is the overpriced lot.

BTW - Dont we promote in our Coastal business that we are getting things wholesale? So why would I pay retail to run that business!!!

Adam Frederick
    "FORMER CSG BOARD OF DIRECTOR"
    Coastal Vacations Level 3 Director
    Business entrepreneur
    Speaker + Motivational Coach
  11. jnapier

jnapier New Member

I agree with what Adam has said. I've had my say and if you're reading this...it's now time for you to make your own decision.

As an independent business owner, we all make choices about what we want to do in business.

As Adam mentioned, we are selling wholesale travel...but "Retail" systems and leads seem to be the way some have chosen to go.

This has been a long decision for me. I didn't wake up one day and quit! I spent 5 months thinking HARD about this. I do like some of the people who are a part of the CSG.

As you read this and other threads, you've seen that I'm not the only one who's chosen to move in a different direction.

I've spoken with ALOT of csg people today and all of them agree with me and have seen the same things that has been discussed here.

I do want to point out 1 thing. The CSG said they have 15 employees. I'm just curious if that includes their accountant, message therapist, lawn mower, business consultants. We already know that csg leaders work for free.

Jay NaPier
  12. Alex Reynolds

Alex Reynolds New Member

One year ago Jay Napier posted the following in The Casual Chat area of this forum. Since then he has applied twice to be accepted on The CSG Leadership Team and has been twice passed over. Food for thought for anyone reading this forum.
    Posted: 28 Jun 2006 23:16

I customize my training to each person on my team. It's important that you work with a quality director who is committed to your success.

You're going to be successful with the Coastal Synergy Group.

Jay NaPier
    Level 3 Director
    Coastal Vacations
  13. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Obviously Alex,

EVERYTHING Changes. MANY....Who have been a member of the Coastal Synergy group have liked what they've seen with the Coastal Synergy Group - until their eyes opened....are you can see from the forum posts...Considering the changes the CSG has made have moved on!!!!

I quit the Coastal Synergy Group - Not just because of the many things already mentioned here or the childish political "clicks" that are a part of the CSG. There's a whole lot more to it.

When I got to know everyone in the CSG, I met alot of great people - BUT many didn't like that I earned a six figure income - In fact, I've made over 7 figures with Coastal. I'm one of only a hand full who have been a member of the CSG Double High 5 Club.

I didn't have a snow balls chance to make their leadership team the first time. No one knew me and I was an outsider (not someone personally sponsored by one of their leadership) looking to get into their inner circle. The second time - everything had changed. There was a process that was more corporate. At the same time I was looking to be a part of the CSG Leadership - I was also looking at becoming a member of the Official Coastal Vacations Advisory Team. I'm now a member of the advisory team - No politics, no BS, No Hype....Just official Coastal Vacations information!!!

The Coastal Board of Directors does not endorse the activities of the Coastal Synergy Group.

This argument could go on and on, but in a nut shell.....there's still more to be said - SOME of us are just more mature than others. Only sharing information that is relevent to those who are new to the CSG. Others are SHOWING the inner personality and mindset of the Coastal Synergy Group and how the day to day operation of the Coastal Synergy Group REALLY works!

Jay NaPier
    Platinum Director
    Coastal Vacations

P.S. - Hello to everyone...from Gatlinburg. Got a great $144 for the week on the strip in Gatlinburg and complimentary rides on Ober Gatlinburg!
  14. rhondap

rhondap New Member

Congratulations Jay on becoming a member of the Official Coastal Vacations Advisory Team.[​IMG]
  15. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

As we are all business owners with our own opinion and I appreciate the views that are psoted here. The one thing that bothers me is that Alex Reynolds is a paid employee of the CSG and post as if she is a member. I dont think she runs a Coastal business but ill let her answer that. I do respect her opinion but to be honest how much of her opinion is her's and how much is that of her employers? I am by no means trying to start anything in this forum as again I repsect everyone here I just think we should all look where the opinions are coming from. I was a member of the CSG Leadership and left as I needed a change. Our philosphies were different and we split. No big hard feelings just a business decision. My goal has been to show everyone other options as I know the CSG system very well and for many their system has flaws.

So again I appreciate the post from Alex but as the "Direct of Communications" for the CSG again how much is her opinion or is she just relaying what her employers at the CSG ask her to say.

Adam
  16. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Quoting: rhondapCongratulations Jay on becoming a member of the Official Coastal Vacations Advisory Team.

Jay, what does one do on the advisory board?

Advise the BOD to put more emphasis on the retail, consumer side of the business please. More material to conduct trade shows as well as conducting seminars, and finding consumer lead sources.

Congratulations!

Terri
  17. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Hi Terri,

It's more about sharing ideas and helping to improve the quality of our product and how we market than anything else.

Jay NaPier
  18. Alex Reynolds

Alex Reynolds New Member

I actually stumbled across this forum on my own and decided to contribute to the discussion. I met both Adam and Jay in the past and I think they are both nice people and very smart business men.

And Jay is right, I do not run my own Coastal Business. I am an employee of The CSG. An organization that I know well and thus, I am privy to make comments because of my insider knowledge on how the co founders run The CSG. I have nothing to gain here. I work on salary. I am not trying to recruit team mebers or sell packages.

The CSG remains as it has been from day 1, an organization run with a high level of integrity and honest work ethic for the benefit of the entire membership. We are offering multiple income opportunities to our members as part of a smart financial strategy. Any millionaire will tell you that creating multiple streams of income is a key to financial freedom. And while I do work for the CSG I also run my own communications business, following that very advice by carrying it over into my own life, using my marketable skills.

I am not going to use this forum to promote myself or my business, just to clear up some misconceptions about an organization I am proud to work for.

AR
  19. goldmills

goldmills New Member

I am a big believer in Multiple Streams of Income too....

But...

I always teach people learn to be successful in ONE opp before you jump into the next and duplicate and automate your success in the next opp.

Then do it again

and again

and again.

Some people stick to just one opp and don't believe in side or multiple streams revenue and that's ok, no worries.

Do what works for your business and allows you to make an income.

I run about 10 different companies, all out of my little closet and it has worked well for me.

Coastal is my MAIN money maker that allows me to leverage my way into many other great program and tools, that little MLM's could never afford me.

Jeff
  20. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Good advice Jeff, Coastal has many different ways to market it that it's almost like having multiple businesses.

You can market it as a bizop, to use as incentive for biztobiz, and market it to consumers. That alone is keeping me busy. Besides my travel agent side that I promote.