The Key To Working From Home Is "WORK"

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Jessica Mackey, Aug 26, 2012.

1. tkyles1009

tkyles1009 Member

True, true, and true! Pick something you like/love, something you're good at and if I may add a third or pick something you know.

Don't get me wrong it's always good to venture out but if you're just starting in the business it's really important to start with one of those three options:)
  2. Jacq1292

Jacq1292 Member

I have limited finances so I depend on many free methods. But, unless you use some sort of tracking link or other method you don't know what methods generate the most hits to help you target your efforts so you don't waste time. Statcounter is free and can be easily installed and will give you up to the date information. I stopped spending as much time posting on certain sites after installing it. Quite depressing the time I had "wasted" - but for sites that have long shelf lives (100 days or even 1 year) you can still see some surprise traffic here and there. Craigslist has been the best for me, but very restrictive. Backpage (sponsor ads) are very reasonable, but don't generate as much traffic.
  3. mreese601

mreese601 Member

What you can't just push a button and make money out of then air? WoW learn something new everyday! Welcome to the forum Jessica. We look forward to networking with you. Working hard with a plan of action will get you where you want to go.
  4. Herman2012

Herman2012 New Member

My experiences with working from home are good overall, but my advice:

Eliminate distractions
    Schedule mandatory "work" hours.
    Record time spent on projects.
    Always have a plan (that works).
    Follow the plan.
    Admit failures/don't continue investing in knowingly bad ideas.
  5. nickstrech

nickstrech New Member

Working from home, is great. In the beginning I tended to flit from one task to the next and achieved very little. Now the day for me is far more structured. Once you get over the initial learning curve, it starts to fall into place, and you just know what your next move needs to be.
  6. Wayne Miller

Wayne Miller Member

I took and teach time management and consider it to be on of my greatest tools for success. Sometimes I work 14 hour days and I get more done in one of those than most people I know get done in a week! I highly recommend taking classes. We have a free ebook on time management on our website if anyone is interested they can just go get a copy.
  7. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

I don't like the term "hard work" either. There are so many limited beliefs that really can block your success and thinking that you have to work hard is one of them, along with that belief that you must have a plan. I don't really plan at all. True I might have gotten to where I am at a bit sooner had I planned but I would not change a thing. When I plan, I find that when something doesn't go as planned, it can be a set back or a disappointment. I have found that it also blocks my creative juices. If I am focused on a plan, I might not see the opportunity in the sidelines.

I wake up every morning and do what I feel like doing. I about starved for a year or so doing this, but boy oh boy did I learn and experience a lot. The days I spend goofing off on facebook seem to me to be paying off the most. I have made so many friends, have entered so many joint ventures and had so many opportunities to get my presence out there though facebook and met a fantastic coach that really helped me along. Moral: If I hadn't goofed off there so much, I simply would not be where I am at. ;-) Go easy on yourelf and be happy and the rest will follow.
    Just2EZ likes this.
  8. Wayne Miller

Wayne Miller Member

Robin, I've never heard a better testimonial for goofing off! I'm going to go do it right now!
    robinincarolina likes this.
  9. skydancer

skydancer Member

Please vote today. grab a friend and head to the polls.
  10. newbie2pro

newbie2pro New Member

Hard work is all relative to each individual person. I believe if you have a goal, dream and the desire to succeed you will work as hard as you believe it takes to bring on the success you wish for. I certainly agree that promoting something you love will help and I also believe it's the key to success.
  11. Wayne Miller

Wayne Miller Member

I believe in "work smart, not hard" time management and training will produce results that hard work can't touch. I do sometimes work long hours, but when I do I get amazing results and that is why I do it! The key to working from home is to remember that you do it so no one will make you do it, you are your own boss so act like it and get to work. You and I do it for us and that is the point!
  12. Kevin Maher

Kevin Maher New Member

What's important to have in all this is a gameplan and a set routine that you hold yourself accountable to day in day out. That will require you to work smart and at times work hard - but throughout staying consistent with your actions and completing self-audits of yourself on a regular basis. That's how I stay on course and how I reach my goals - focus focus focus!
  13. kellerbrianw

kellerbrianw Member

I agree with the posters here: The key to success is doing something you have a passion for (as long as it is profitable), working smart, and working harder than anyone else on the planet! But, I would highly encourage people to read excellent, motivational articles or books on success, business ideas, being focused, and self-motivation. Also, believe it or not, prayer and meditation also work wonders.

Last but not least, know this: You are with whom you associate. Socialize with energized, positive people, not naysayers who see the glass as half empty!

Here's to your success!

Brian
  14. Wayne Miller

Wayne Miller Member

I believe in training, you can't succeed on the Internet without it! I read all the Ebooks I can get my hands on and watch videos and webinars. I talk to anyone I think knows something I don't and
    I never stop.
  15. Hi Jessica! Welcome to the forum.. :) You are absolutely correct about picking something you love doing would be the easiest way to make money online or offline for that matter. When you enjoy what you are doing, you will not feel that you are doing "WORK"... :)
  16. Shane1234

Shane1234 New Member

Yes so true, work is the word that needs to be applied in any medium you choose to generate income. Whether it's at home or your job that takes an hour to commute to. Another thing that is very important and key is consistency! This word can't be stressed and utilized enough in my opinion. Work and consistency is the ingredients to success in any field!
  17. I have worked one business that has allowed me to retire and now working on other projects so as not to have all my eggs in one basket.