1. New registrations are temporarily disabled until 25th. Thanks for understanding.

The Overnight Cash System (TOCS)

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by Vision18, Aug 7, 2008.

1. peter_bahe New Member

First off I am new to the forum so my intent is not to offend only to learn...

I have been in various gifting programs for a little over a year now and I am proof that they do indeed work... I would also like to add that it is in no way an overnight cash cow.. like anything else you have to work at it and you have to have targeted traffic without that I can see how an internet newbie could be easily allured to the thought of quick cash and not realize the amount of marketing that goes into something like this... I started with a company called Epic Wealth Systems actually about a week ago and I think the company even though in its infancy has a lot of promise. They have an extensive CRM and alot of back office tools that simplify alot of the tracking headaches... As to the legalities of cash gifting from an IRS standpoint as long as you have a signed gifting statement along with a non solicitation agreement you are free and clear.. I think that the previous point brought up about giving your money to someone else without an expectant return will eventually cause quite a court case and I await the outcome... But either way I am 23 and I don't have to go to work anymore and I can actually say that it is in large part due to cash gifting... Hope this helps!! Go Milwaukee Brewers! Sorry had to do it.
  2. CSGWAHM New Member

Back to the original posters question about TOCS, it looks sketchy to me, too. It's just not something I would get involved with. Just research it and go with your gut feeling. Even if something is "legal", if it just doesn't sit well with you, then don't do it. Trust your instincts and do what feels right and works for YOU.
  3. fbl3ssingm New Member

CSGWAHM: Back to the original posters question about TOCS, it looks sketchy to me, too. It's just not something I would get involved with. Just research it and go with your gut feeling. Even if something is "legal", if it just doesn't sit well with you, then don't do it. Trust your instincts and do what feels right and works for YOU.

Perfect Recommendation!!!
  4. fbl3ssingm New Member

peter_bahe: First off I am new to the forum so my intent is not to offend only to learn...

I have been in various gifting programs for a little over a year now and I am proof that they do indeed work... I would also like to add that it is in no way an overnight cash cow.. like anything else you have to work at it and you have to have targeted traffic without that I can see how an internet newbie could be easily allured to the thought of quick cash and not realize the amount of marketing that goes into something like this... I started with a company called Epic Wealth Systems actually about a week ago and I think the company even though in its infancy has a lot of promise. They have an extensive CRM and alot of back office tools that simplify alot of the tracking headaches... As to the legalities of cash gifting from an IRS standpoint as long as you have a signed gifting statement along with a non solicitation agreement you are free and clear.. I think that the previous point brought up about giving your money to someone else without an expectant return will eventually cause quite a court case and I await the outcome... But either way I am 23 and I don't have to go to work anymore and I can actually say that it is in large part due to cash gifting... Hope this helps!! Go Milwaukee Brewers! Sorry had to do it.

How much did you put down for your first gift case and how much did you make at that time? What is your monthly income with this gift cash system?

hopefully I'll get some good convincing answers. Don't send me to your website, cause your site has some problems. Check it... [IMG]
  5. peter_bahe New Member

How much did you put down for your first gift case and how much did you make at that time? What is your monthly income with this gift cash system?

When I initially signed up about a year ago with another program I started out with the lowest level which was 100.00 I worked that system for about two months building the targeted traffic and finally I got a pledge of 500 which... according to the rules I could only keep 100.00 the amount which I had put in.. frustrating!!! So I bumped up to their highest level which at the time was 1000.00 ... I was definetly never disapointed its always a good thing when your not really doing anything and opening up ups and fedex packages of cash.. With this new system Epic.. I have only been there a short time and Everything looks good I signed up the 26th Im at the 500 level I've already one upped and have two people below me and one that has already one upped through me as well...

What did you find to be a problem with my site.. Its always nice to have another pair of eyes so thanks for the feedback...
  6. fbl3ssingm New Member

peter_bahe: How much did you put down for your first gift case and how much did you make at that time? What is your monthly income with this gift cash system?

When I initially signed up about a year ago with another program I started out with the lowest level which was 100.00 I worked that system for about two months building the targeted traffic and finally I got a pledge of 500 which... according to the rules I could only keep 100.00 the amount which I had put in.. frustrating!!! So I bumped up to their highest level which at the time was 1000.00 ... I was definetly never disapointed its always a good thing when your not really doing anything and opening up ups and fedex packages of cash.. With this new system Epic.. I have only been there a short time and Everything looks good I signed up the 26th Im at the 500 level I've already one upped and have two people below me and one that has already one upped through me as well...

What did you find to be a problem with my site.. Its always nice to have another pair of eyes so thanks for the feedback...

Thank you for your exponation. [IMG]

Have you looked on your site to see exactly what the problem is with it?
  7. homebizpro New Member

I don't believe what I'm reading here! As a former Fed and today considered one of America's top home based business experts (my 2 partners and I generated over $2 billion in sales in our previous 3 companies and I also have a consulting business with one of my associates being a prominent former Attorney General who was famous for shutting down cash gifting deals and prosecuting those involved), I am absolutely dumbfounded how anyone could get involved in a cash gifting program as anyone with half a brain knows they're ILLEGAL as the day is long, and not just in the U.S., but internationally as well..

Don't any of you involved bother to read newspapers? Watch tv shows like 60 Minutes? Visit various government regulatory websites? (You'd have to either have been living in a cave for the last several decades or be just plain ignorant or stupid)...

No, instead you listen to nutjobs on the Internet who misconstrue, misinterpret, and misapply IRS tax codes in order to prove that cash gifting programs are legal when the reality is, they aren't!

The latest one making the rounds it the Cash Leverage deal...turn $25 into $75,000!

You spend $25...sending $5 to 5 people..and then you promote the opportunity in various ways and receive $5 from people you don't know and what did those people receive in return? Absolutely nothing, except the opportunity to sign up, spend $25, and do the same thing!

It's a money game! Period! End of story! Anytime you can make money where there's "no products to sell," "no customers," and "no selling," which is all over the landing pages on the Internet of those involved, you have an ILLEGAL program according to business opportunity statutes, network marketing statutes, and anti-pyramiding and consumer protection statutes..In fact, in numerous posts on the Internet it is being promoted as a cash gifting program! How stupid can you be??? LMAO...

Now, if the program is not a cash gifting program, but is being promoted as one by distributors and uses some of the phrases mentioned above, that still puts the company in legal jeopardy! If it is a cash gifting program, then it's really in legal trouble, so either way, it's in "the box" and you're in trouble...

Second, if you are receiving money on up to 5 tiers that legally classifies them as a multi-level program! If the bulk of the money being earned is generated mostly by the revenue of BUSINESS PARTICIPANTS only, you have huge regulatory problems and are considered an ILLEGAL program, especially if the only thing initially being exchanged is money! (Obviously if there's no products to sell, then retailing can't be taking place to the general public! The products and services that are associated with the program are primarily for the promoting of the opportunity!)

Furthermore, regulators like to see CUSTOMERS and SALES being made to NON BUSINESS PARTICIPANTS and will shut down any program where they don't see this...In fact, they like to see a minimum of a 3-1 CUSTOMER to DISTRIBUTOR ratio!

So, if it's not a cash gifting deal, and they're using referral marketing with a 5 tier pay concept, then it's a network marketing program and subject to numerous statutes that apply to a network marketing company, statutes which it would not meet! So, once again, it's "in the box" and no matter how you answer, the program would be considered an illegal pyramid...

In fact, the products and services involved are offered as a way to promote the opportunity and are a "secondary consideration" and this is where the people behind the deal are making their money as they don't see any of the original $25 on a large number of the people involved...

Regarding the sending of cash, if someone sends cash, either by a courier service or online, with the expectation of a quid pro quo, i.e., sending cash in exchange for being able to participate in the receiving of cash from someone else, it is highly ILLEGAL!

It makes no difference if it is cash sent by via a courier service like Fed Ex or it it is done online-it involves the exchange of money...The reason many have gone to online payment is because it's faster to receive it and less expensive...After all, who'd spend $10-$15 to courier by overnight delivery a $5 bill to someone???

One reason they don't promote sending cash through the U.S. postal service is because the postal authorities would consider this a "chain letter" type scheme, investigate, and prosecute! Furthermore, sending cash through the mail is ILLEGAL in numerous countries around the world!

Finally, a rose by any other name is still a rose! You can call it cash leveraging, but it's a cash gifting program,...period..end of story...and cash giting is illegal, no matter how you try and dress it up to circumvent the intent of various laws and statutes..

[Post edited - Admin]
  8. TJamMoneyMan Active Member

040107: It's the hype and the amount of cash that draws people into these
    scheme. I'm not saying that if you join, you'll lose your money. For
    all I know, people could be raking in tons of mone

You sound like you know what you are talking about, and as you can see, you touch on some of the issues I brought up.

I'll bet you know of many things business people do that are simply not legal. Yet they do these things everyday, AND make money doing so!

I just tell people to be careful with Cash Gifting.

But I don't doubt there's plenty of money in it.
  9. colibri New Member

A well written posting there from HomeBizPro (except for the insults). I definitely learned something there that will help me spot an illegal program.

A perfect example of this was PAS (Prosperity Automated Systems). I could not join it (in spite of the financial draw) as I could not see any PRODUCT, just a marketing system that sold itself perpetually. A perfect example of an illegal program full of air and nothing else!

Ron
  10. ibuzzmentor Member

Yes you got to make sure when you join a program there is a substantial product or tool that will have benefits to the end consumer. There are so many money games out there that are impossible for a common person to have success with. The hardest one is cash gifting, as people see right through it.

To make huge money in this industry you need to market high ticket items that have tremendous value such as GRN, or EPI, or Ibuzz pro. Then you must become a master marketer, prospector, and closer and have systems in place that will help you do that.

Chris
  11. sashawk New Member

Cash gifting outfits that don't fly by night, don't make it to dawn most of the time. It's just too risky by my estimation, unless you know someone who has made money consistently for at least a few months.
  12. colibri New Member

Gifting programs are illegal. There is a detailed writeup here on the forum under gifting programs. Check it out.
  13. salinalea New Member

I have been researching cash gifting for months trying to unravel the controversy that surround the legalities of this activity. Here is what I found.

First, let me tell you that giving a cash gift is 100% legal.

It is your constitutional right to gift property, cash and other assets to anyone you wish and is a privilege that can not be taken away.

In fact, in the United States we have the Preamble, the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights to protect a private citizen's right to earn, own and give away property and cash as long as it's done according to the laws and codes of this country. The U.S. Cash Gifting Rules are found in the IRS Gift Tax Code, Title 26, Sections 2501-2504 and 2511(Publication 950).

The law states that any individual can give a gift to another individual up to $12,000 each per calendar year without any tax liability to either the giver or receiver of the gift, because the tax on the gift has supposedly already been paid.

You can give a gift up to $12,000 each, to any number of people and none of it would be taxed. The same goes that you can receive a gift up to $12,000 each, from any number of people and none of it would be taxed.

The act of giving a cash gift is completely legal. This we know. It is when it becomes an activity or program as a way to generate an income that the question of legalities arise.

Most programs use the IRS Gift Tax Code as a way of claiming that their cash gifting program is legal. This is a common misconception.

The IRS only collects taxes and enforces the internal revenue laws. The IRS determines if the income generated from an activity is taxable and not if the activity is legal or illegal.

It is The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and The State Attorney General that would determine if the structure of any gifting program is legal or illegal not the IRS.

The Federal Trade Commission is an independent agency of the United States government and its principal mission is the promotion of "consumer protection" and the elimination and prevention of what regulators perceive to be harmful business practices.

Even though the FTC does determine whether an activity is structured legally or illegally, they are not the source to go to for opinions or advice about the legitimacy of your gifting program. They do not employ enough people to provide this function.

Your State Attorney General is the chief legal advisor to the state government and the state's chief law enforcement officer. He or she is the source that would provide you with the information if your gifting program is operating in accordance with the law.

The main concern of legitimacy of any gifting program is whether or not the gifting program is structured legally or illegally and if it operates in a legal or illegal manner.

Cash gifting programs of the past were structured illegally and were in fact pyramid schemes. Their structure was multi-tiered with the people at the top being paid as new members were recruited while people at the bottom have to fight their way to the top to even make any money.

Most of the cash gifting programs of today are not pyramid schemes and are legal in structure. To operate in accordance with the law, gifting programs are linear in their structure called receiving lines. This means it operates strictly on a one-to-one level between the giver and the receiver. Person to person.

Also, properly structured gifting programs operating in accordance with the law will utilize proper documentation in the form of Gifting Statements/Letters and Non-Solicitation forms, which when signed and witnessed, are binding agreements between two or more individuals.

These are legal agreements between the giver and the receiver that state:

??? The gift is a gift with no expectations.

??? The giver was not solicited.

??? The gift was not an investment of any type.

??? The receiver made no promise or guarantee to the giver of a future earning income.

These forms are used to ensure the legitimacy and sustainability of the activity and should be filed and shared with the proper tax preparation people, CPAs and or accountants.

The other questionable aspect to cash gifting is "should you declare the gifts that you've received as taxable income?"

Even though the tax law states that cash gifts under $12,000 do not have to be included in the gross income, it may be a good idea to pay taxes on all the gifts you receive.

During my research I found an article that states: "Some of these 'gifting' organizations claim the money is tax-free, but the IRS considers all income derived from them to be reportable income."

Now, I am not a CPA or tax attorney and I am not giving any legal advice but there is such a thing call tax evasion. So, please consult an accountant on how to handle the cash generated through this activity.

Cash gifting programs are legal if they are structured properly and operate in a legal manner. Meaning:

??? They operate on a one-to-one level between a giver and a receiver. Person to person.

??? They do not operate in a multi-tiered or matrix structure that have "positions" or "spots".

??? There is no fixed hierarchy of individuals who have an advantageous position over others.

??? There is not a pyramid with an ever widening base due to recruiting that eventually collapses.

??? They make no promises or guarantees of a future earning income.

??? They use proper documentation agreements that state (1) the gift is a gift with no expectations, (2) the giver was not solicited, (3) the gift was not an investment of any type, and (4) the receiver made no guarantee to the giver of a future earning income.

Cash gifting programs are illegal if they are structured improperly and they operate in an illegal manner. Meaning:

??? They do not operate on a one-to-one level between a giver and a receiver. Person to person.

??? They operate in a multi-tiered or matrix structure that have "positions" or "spots".

??? There is a fixed hierarchy of individuals who have an advantageous position over others.

??? There is a pyramid structure with an ever widening base where the people at the top make all the money and those at the bottom have no chance of making it to the top.

??? They make promises or guarantees of a future earning income.

??? They do not use proper documentation agreements that state (1) the gift is a gift with no expectations, (2) the giver was not solicited, (3) the gift was not an investment of any type, and (4) the receiver made no guarantee to the giver of a future earning income.
  14. TJamMoneyMan Active Member

colibri: Gifting programs are illegal. There is a detailed writeup here on the forum under gifting programs. Check it out.
    Sounds like 'the blind leading the blind'.

I have a better idea.
    Do your own research!
  15. FreeCashMan Active Member

Not a cash gifter player, but it's only illegal to the point that the government can't get a handle on taxing it as a business. So all these arguments in favor have found no merit in the courts, where it matters. But that hasn't stop people from enjoying it, that's for sure.

My biggest beef, is why deal with all the 'red alerts' and gray areas, it is challenging enough to have a successful home business, just not worth the extra hassle, but then those making a cash flow at it I'm sure would say differently.

However, it seems that cash gifting has dropped off tremendously, I heard this from a couple of cash gifters, and I haven't seen no where near all the ads I was seeing prior to the economic crash. I guess all the people that were faking the mailing of cash gifts to themselves had to spend that money, ROFL.
  16. TJamMoneyMan Active Member

FreeCashMan: My biggest beef, is why deal with all the 'red alerts' and gray areas, it is challenging enough to have a successful home business
    , just not worth the extra hassle, but then those making a cash flow at it I'm sure would say differently.

However, it seems that cash gifting has dropped off tremendously, I heard this from a couple of cash gifters, and I haven't seen no where near all the ads I was seeing prior to the economic crash. I guess all the people that were faking the mailing of cash gifts to themselves had to spend that money, ROFL.

Well I'd love to ROFL on this, or any topic for that matter, but...!

Let's see here,
    1) Red alerts and grey areas are not unique to cash gifting. There are scam versions of just about every business model out there.
    The reason for dealing with these areas is to look and see if they are substantial and REAL, before passing judgment.
    The other reason being to make money, of course, after properly assessing the validity of those 'red alerts, and grey areas'.

2) What business models (other than those which will indeed prosper in a recession) haven't 'dropped off tremendously' in this economic recession?
    I don't know about cash gifting 'dropping off', but I'd dare to say you are mistaken on that. BUT, if you can show me PROOF, that might have some dubious value.
    However, I can't see where that in itself would mean anything. There are all sorts of shifts going on in today's economy. And I'd venture to say that MORE people are looking online for an income, given the failures of today's job market.
    BUT I would hope that as a responsible marketer, forum poster, PERSON, you would support your view with more than just hearsay.

3) Again, there are many different models of cash gifting. I don't know of any that use the USPS (US mail). But the laws on mailing cash are quite clear. Most of those types of setups involve using FEDEX, UPS and the like. NOT the USPS!

Again, let's keep a clear open mind, and review the facts.

THEN maybe we can all ROLF together!
    (or not!)
  17. I've heard of it and I can't remember exactly what was said but I got the feeling it was a scam. I wish I dad kept the article.